Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Schefter Tweet about Colts Coaching Staff

Bravo

23 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I really wish I knew what this FO and coaching staff have against players that can cover. We ignore all good coverage players it's just dumb. Our linebackers and safeties have always sucked in coverage since we got Chuck and Grigson.

Yup. And Chuck was supposed to be the DB whisperer. And remember Grigson said Pagano liked interchangeable safeties?They turn around and draft 2 box safeties. Then they draft Morrison. A slow, 2 down box LB. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

green isnt a total bust yet

while i am a little worried that he may never be any good, its too soon to blame the staff over him being a bad pick

Green needs to spend practice in coverage and tackling people nonstop idk if he can read coverages but he's too fast to be being burned in coverage by everyone and his tackling is like Landry just coming full speed bad angles with his shoulder never wrapping up

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I'm just wondering if who he is talking to are in the room or in his head?.....haha

I feel like it must be a local reporter.  Somebody like Kravitz who talks to Jim.

I just don't think ANYONE in the organization would take it upon themselves to share something like that.

45 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Mike Harmon @swollendome (that guy) is saying Grigson goes, Pagano stays. Throw that log on the Manning is coming home fire.

I hope not. I think having PM trying to be an executive with Pags/Chud as the coaches who execute the offense is the worse combination we could get.

4 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'm guessing Pagano, Monachino and Chudzinski should all go. Start fresh. I do think Schottemheimer and Philbin should stay though.

Schottenheimer can go, too. I'd like to get rid of every vestige of the Coryell at this point.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because there's more of a chance that Grigson improves than Pagano. Pagano isn't going to magically become a better coach. We've seen the extent of his abilities. He's not a good decision maker or talent developer. Andrew Luck is out of his league. Luck needs a real coach. All Grigson has to do is make better picks which is easier than Pagano getting better. All Grigson has to do is go status quo like he did with the last draft and he'll look better. But he's only keep the seat warm for the next GM.

I think Grigson enough years to improve or show that he is a quality GM. He failed and needs to go. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  I think Irsay, Chuck and Grigs were all on board.  I don't see how Irsay would pin the blame strictly on Grigson.

That trade didn't work out well, but it's probably not even Grigson's worst move. If he gets fired, it won't be because 3 years ago he traded for Richardson.

I predict that Peyton will be announced as Head of Football operations tomorrow. Grigson will stay through the draft and the Peyton will make a decision on whether he goes or stays and Pagano's fate will lie in Peyton and Irsay's hands depending on who is available at this time.

Changes would have been made last year except a big splash coach backed out at the 11th hour. Irsay worked on him all year and thought he had a deal but it didn't work out. Was too late in the game for Irsay to start over.

Just now, runthepost said:

Werner over Rhodes is pretty bad too

Yup, if you're a GM who wants to build through the draft, and you blow that pick, that's more concerning to me than the Richardson trade. Which, by the way, is concerning on multiple levels already... But the Werner pick means Grigson has scouting issues.

Of course, if Grigson gets fired, it won't be just because he blew the Werner pick, either. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yup, if you're a GM who wants to build through the draft, and you blow that pick, that's more concerning to me than the Richardson trade. Which, by the way, is concerning on multiple levels already... But the Werner pick means Grigson has scouting issues.

Of course, if Grigson gets fired, it won't be just because he blew the Werner pick, either. 

Both of those moves really hurt the team as well. I agree with your opinion as well.

14 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I predict that Peyton will be announced as Head of Football operations tomorrow. Grigson will stay through the draft and the Peyton will make a decision on whether he goes or stays and Pagano's fate will lie in Peyton and Irsay's hands depending on who is available at this time.

Changes would have been made last year except a big splash coach backed out at the 11th hour. Irsay worked on him all year and thought he had a deal but it didn't work out. Was too late in the game for Irsay to start over.

Ha, PM retaining Grigs would be interesting. You know, a PM endorsement of Grigs would result in this forum immediately calling PM a complete maroon rather than it influencing their opinion about Grigson.

Gosh, now I hope PM is hired and Grigs is retained just to see the reactions here.

27 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Not trying to be * but that's stupid 

4 hours ago, 12to13 said:

Seriously. He's a little tired of all the 1st round busts.

Edit: And the article I just read said, he might fire Pagano and keep grigson... what?! Lolwut

Honestly I wouldn't mind that as much as some. Pagano is the biggest thing holding this team back. He hires bad coordinators, and he does a terrible job of getting his players ready to play. They say he is a players coach, but like Sammy Watkins said... You need a coach that holds you accountable. That isn't trying to be your friend. Pagano is too nice. And not a good coach. 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Honestly I wouldn't mind that as much as some. Pagano is the biggest thing holding this team back. He hires bad coordinators, and he does a terrible job of getting his players ready to play. They say he is a players coach, but like Sammy Watkins said... You need a coach that holds you accountable. That isn't trying to be your friend. Pagano is too nice. And not a good coach. 

I agree that Pagano needs to go, I just want them both gone now. Like after today's game. Lol. 

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

I agree that Pagano needs to go, I just want them both gone now. Like after today's game. Lol. 

I know. I honestly am excited for tonight to hopefully read, "Colts fire Coach Pagano." There is no way he keeps Pagano if we get blown out today IMO. Grigson at least has shown improvement. He just really sucked at first. Now he is just a little below average/average. I would be happy if he does go. But not mad if he stays. I will be mad if Pagano stays. 

10 hours ago, BOTT said:

Hopefully Irsay was serious when he said Chuck and Grigson are tied at the hip.

But if one guy does his job after the new contract and the other doesn't, tied at the hip doesn't apply any longer. Grigson, this year, hasn't warranted termination, I can't say that about Pagano. 

10 hours ago, 12to13 said:

If you make me look at it like that.. yes Pagano did "worse". But still, there wasn't one playmaker on defense was there? The oline sucked up until recently. It's a roster and coaching problem imo. We basically agree though. 

The roster no doubt needs worked on but the game plans, the in game choices and adjustments or lack there of are coaching. Look at today's game. What in gods name was the game plan they brought in the first half? I give the team some credit for a second half adjustment but it's been pretty consistent over the last 4 years, it's either a first half or second half team but rare to ever be 4 quarters. That's coaching. The team lacks creativity in its offense, where they've spent all the money on again and it's panic mode to score as opposed what we seen from the Manning colts. Back then it was score 30+ and win and they did. Chad is a dud and it surprised me a lot. I expected way more from Chud. Pagano has to pay for the poor offense at a minimum 

8 hours ago, Jdubu said:

But if one guy does his job after the new contract and the other doesn't, tied at the hip doesn't apply any longer. Grigson, this year, hasn't warranted termination, I can't say that about Pagano. 

I don't remember Irsay saying that.

On 1/1/2017 at 6:50 AM, bravo4460 said:

Not sure if this belongs in the Pagano and Grigson complaint threads or not.

Also not sure who "Those around Colts owner Jim Irsay" are.

Ill just leave this here.

You don't have to be "around" Irsay to know he's not happy with an 8-8 team that can't win two weeks in a row.  I would file this under the Mr Obvious header.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

I don't remember Irsay saying that.

Nope, he didn't say that however, does it really matter what they said 1 year ago? If Grigson would have bumbled the draft and handed Pagano a group of scrubs and heard rumbling of Pagano and Grigson still at odds, I'd say it's a no. Rainer they both get fired. I just don't see them tied at the hip after this season based on both men's job performance THIS season. We will all find out very soon I believe. 

28 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Nope, he didn't say that however, does it really matter what they said 1 year ago? If Grigson would have bumbled the draft and handed Pagano a group of scrubs and heard rumbling of Pagano and Grigson still at odds, I'd say it's a no. Rainer they both get fired. I just don't see them tied at the hip after this season based on both men's job performance THIS season. We will all find out very soon I believe. 

You can't judge Grigson on last year's draft already. We don't know how this draft will ultimately turn out.  I have been excited about a slew of rookies in the past only to be disappointed in the long run.