Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts after the game

runthepost

1. Luck needs to be able to call his own plays. We got 2 backs that fall forward and a screen is called against man coverage 

2. Dorset sucks. TY is being double coverage and moncrief is being shut down. Golden opportunity to have a breakout game but lays an egg with 3 or 4 drops.

3. Season is basically over now with that lost. 2-3 division record compared to Houston 4-0. Still have to go to Minn and Oak

4. Most important game of the year and come out unprepared.

5. Something has to change with this team whether it's a coach change or a team meeting.

My thoughts:

Colts deserved to lose. Although the Texans aren't a good team.

Pagano deserves to be fired. "Game 7 loss" LOL

Bye bye Grigson. 

Bye Frank Gore, go play for a SB contender, you deserve it. 

Can we trade Dwayne Allen please! Someone has to have a leftover ham sandwich.

Colts need to lose out for a better draft pick. I hear there are some good WR. Dorsett is working out well.

Good try Colts, Good try.

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

1. Luck needs to be able to call his own plays. We got 2 backs that fall forward and a screen is called against man coverage 

2. Dorset sucks. TY is being double coverage and moncrief is being shut down. Golden opportunity to have a breakout game but lays an egg with 3 or 4 drops.

3. Season is basically over now with that lost. 2-3 division record compared to Houston 4-0. Still have to go to Minn and Oak

5. Something has to change with this team whether it's a coach change or a team meeting.

Good for this team to lose. Irsay needs to wake up and this team is going no where fast 

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

2. Dorset sucks. TY is being double coverage and moncrief is being shut down. Golden opportunity to have a breakout game but lays an egg with 5 drops

fixed it for you.  i dont know what the official number is, but Bob Lamey did just say dorsett dropped 5 balls.

The defense didn't stop the run.  Luck didn't get rid of the ball fast enough at times.  Luck had hardly anytime to throw.  Horrible idea to put Allen on Clowney 1on1 which caused a fumble.  The pics really weren't lucks fault.  Indy should have intercepted Houston in the redzone.  Dorsett drops way to many passes.  This was a game they had to win to have a chance to win the division.  I think Tenn is going to win the division at 9-7 now.  That play call on 4th and 1 was awful as well.  The Colts lost to Brock Osweiler TWICE!  Think about that. 

The Texans even tried to give it to us...3rd and 1 empty backfield motion to the scrub 2nd string rb, that's terrible coaching, and then we managed to top it.....geez. 

Just super happy they forgot all about VonMiller v Allen at the beginning of the season only to repeat it again in this game. Heaven forbid they do that vs Kahilil Mack...

Props to Dorset. "he is who we thought he was"....

I'll go ahead and quote Paganos upcoming presser "Ya know we really fought hard, we will look at the tape, these guys gave it all they got, couldn't be happier with the grit, these guys are warriors, we aren't out yet, these guys won't give up, we just gotta play better" 

This is the most negative I have felt about my beloved Colts in a very, VERY long time!

i think that Chud and the entire offensive philosophy has to go ... and I think the entire defensive coaching stayff has to go.  It's time to blow up this coaching regime entirely.   

Inpredict the Pagano regime will be back next year, though. :-|

Just now, Track Guy said:

If we win out and the Texans go 1-2 we still are ahead of them. 

True but Tenn is going to be at least 9-7.  I know the Colts own the tie breaker but what are the odds that Houston loses to Cinci or Jax at home and at Tenn?  Tenn maybe but I doubt they lose the other two.  Also, the Colts would have to beat Minn and Oak on the road.  Maybe one but I doubt both. 

Eh my takeaways are the following:

1 injuries on the oline hurt badly (which is a given but worrying trend)

2 Dorsett (even though I wish we used him differently) is showing he isn't going to be much of a competent receiver.

3 Dwayne Allen is a very expensive one game player.  He is either hurt, drops, or plays terrible for every other game. 

4 This coaching staff tends to have the team come out flat when the W is needed most.

5 Luck is not progressing.  He's an above average QB yes and he can have moments of brilliance but for those who thought he was going to be another Manning might as well give up that hope now. He can get all the number he wants against the Jags and such (which is what everyone points out) but he doesn't look like even half the QB Manning was even when Manning was choking away against teams in his early years.

My biggest worry?  That Grigson will take another 1st round receiver to make up for dorsett this year and then take another oline guy or TE in the second and completely ignore the LB corp just because Trent Cole and Jackson are playing at a high level right now.  

The good news though is that Ridgeway can play at a high level.  If we can get him and Anderson together playing consistently teams better watch out.  

To be completely honest there are so many things wrong with this team none of us has the time to list them and here are just a couple:

That game was abysmal the play calling is just baffling and has been all year, I dont care about last week the Jets didnt even show up.

Dorsett might want to actually catch the ball

TY might want to consider falling forward every once in a while instead of doing that curl back that he does.

Luck needs to see the defenders better

Allen well he is just another Grigs mistake

The Defense needs to stop somebody when it really matters

The O-line is better I will say that but we need to get the ball out much quicker

Thats the easy stuff.............

Just now, csmopar said:

Enough with the injuries excuse. We havent played with a dang when we were healthy.

the question was do the colts have a chance. I said no for one to many injuries would you like me to keep going because i can if you look at my comments in the blog yesterday I made a comment on what the colts needed to do to win this game, they did exactly the opposite. so your right no excuses they have done this all year by playing the wrong type of ball with this type of offense they have. they needed to play a short game more draws,  screens, slants. instead of getting luck to hold the ball for 5 to 6 seconds and throwing 15 to 20 yards. So your right no excuses 

36 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

My thoughts:

Colts deserved to lose. Although the Texans aren't a good team.

Pagano deserves to be fired. "Game 7 loss" LOL

Bye bye Grigson. 

Bye Frank Gore, go play for a SB contender, you deserve it. 

Can we trade Dwayne Allen please! Someone has to have a leftover ham sandwich.

Colts need to lose out for a better draft pick. I hear there are some good WR. Dorsett is working out well.

Good try Colts, Good try.

If we draft a wr in the first we will be in the same place we are in now. We need to get defense defense defense

1 minute ago, Archangel said:

the question was do the colts have a chance. I said no for one to many injuries would you like me to keep going because i can if you look at my comments in the blog yesterday I made a comment on what the colts needed to do to win this game, they did exactly the opposite. so your right no excuses they have done this all year by playing the wrong type of ball with this type of offense they have. they needed to play a short game more draws,  screens, slants. instead of getting luck to hold the ball for 5 to 6 seconds and throwing 15 to 20 yards. So your right no excuses 

sorry, that wasnt solely directed at you. 

-- Dorsett...oy, what can one say?  Is his real last name "Dorsett-Bay"?

-- How is it, in the biggest game of the season thus far, we come out so flat?  You can always point to certain mistakes, certain players, certain playcalls, etc.. But the thing that struck me more than anything this game was just how unenthusiastic our guys seemed...particularly in the 1st half.  I'd feel a lot better about this loss if I felt like the sense of urgency, and the requisite effort, was there.  That it so obviously wasn't is just baffling.

-- I'd love to know what the Colts' record has been in games that Joe Reitz has started vs. games he hasn't through his career.  I'd bet a week's pay that we're less likely to win with him out there than with him on the sidelines.  Get rid of him already.  We'd probably have better luck with McAfee starting at RT than Reitz.

-- Remind me again how much Grigson paid Castanzo?

-- I think we really missed D'Qwell today -- as we will for 3 more games.  How stupid and selfish do you have to be in this day and age to think you can get away with PEDs?

-- I didn't like the 55-yard FG try in the 2nd quarter.  The risk/reward ratio wasn't good -- particularly with that much time on the clock. Yes, AV is a great kicker.  But that's at the edge of his range -- and we were getting the ball back in the 3rd anyway.  Shoulda punted.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

...we also ought to trade Dorsett for a proven O-lineman, preferably a real LT.

But, yes, our D is pathetic.

No one is going to trade for Dorsett. Guys off the street have more value than Dorsett. We're stuck with him.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

...we also ought to trade Dorsett for a proven O-lineman, preferably a real LT.

But, yes, our D is pathetic.

you wouldnt get a middle school level LT let alone anything of value in the NFL with Dorsett, he's a 100% bust.