Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts after the game

runthepost

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

you wouldnt get a middle school level LT let alone anything of value in the NFL with Dorsett, he's a 100% bust.

What middle school we talking about??:D

Yeah that pick is looking terrible. He's a glorified situational 3rd down slot guy.

Not his fault he was drafted that high though.

29 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Eh my takeaways are the following:

1 injuries on the oline hurt badly (which is a given but worrying trend)

2 Dorsett (even though I wish we used him differently) is showing he isn't going to be much of a competent receiver.

3 Dwayne Allen is a very expensive one game player.  He is either hurt, drops, or plays terrible for every other game. 

4 This coaching staff tends to have the team come out flat when the W is needed most.

5 Luck is not progressing.  He's an above average QB yes and he can have moments of brilliance but for those who thought he was going to be another Manning might as well give up that hope now. He can get all the number he wants against the Jags and such (which is what everyone points out) but he doesn't look like even half the QB Manning was even when Manning was choking away against teams in his early years.

My biggest worry?  That Grigson will take another 1st round receiver to make up for dorsett this year and then take another oline guy or TE in the second and completely ignore the LB corp just because Trent Cole and Jackson are playing at a high level right now.  

The good news though is that Ridgeway can play at a high level.  If we can get him and Anderson together playing consistently teams better watch out.  

You're assuming Grigson will be back.  Irsay (inexplicably, IMO) gave him a stay of execution last year.  But I think the message was clear:  "win, or else."

I was fine with keeping Pagano -- but after just how lackluster we looked in a home game against a division rival for 1st place in the division, I'm ready to throw in the towel on Chuck, too.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance we'll have a new coaching staff and a new GM next year.  We've had the same problems for a long time -- and they simply haven't gotten them corrected. That is something that just screams out for new leadership both on the sidelines and in the FO.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

you wouldnt get a middle school level LT let alone anything of value in the NFL with Dorsett, he's a 100% bust.

That depends.  Maybe Grigson will end up running another team.  If so, I'd say there's a decent chance we could get something for him from Grigson's new team. 

Let's face it, the man has a track record of giving away the store to get 1st-round bust skill players....and he also has a track record of not putting much value on offensive linemen.

You gotta stay optimistic.

5 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Not surprised by anything that happened this game. The Colts played perfect against the Jets. It's the law of averages. They were due for a game like this.

The Jets are one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Just because they made us look great doesn't mean anything.  With where the Jets are now, they'd probably make the Jags look great.

And what's this "due for a game like this" crap? It's not like it's been 7 weeks since we played a bad game.  We've looked this bad pretty much all season...and most of last season, too.

The problems are obvious to spot and have been the same since Grigano took over.  And, sad to say, they haven't proven capable of fixing them.

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The defense didn't stop the run.  Luck didn't get rid of the ball fast enough at times.  Luck had hardly anytime to throw.  Horrible idea to put Allen on Clowney 1on1 which caused a fumble.  The pics really weren't lucks fault.  Indy should have intercepted Houston in the redzone.  Dorsett drops way to many passes.  This was a game they had to win to have a chance to win the division.  I think Tenn is going to win the division at 9-7 now.  That play call on 4th and 1 was awful as well.  The Colts lost to Brock Osweiler TWICE!  Think about that. 

Many plays Luck had forever to throw, and the WR were all on Go routes and covered...... the playcalling sucked all day.....

Terrible play calling from beginning to end. The offense cost us this game.  The defense considering they played without 4 starters held there own and Houston scored about what they normally score.  Our offense really underperformed and I blame most of it on the play calling and game plan.  Missing the 54 yd. FG was a bad play considering Adam has missed a few recently.  That was a six point swing.  All the drops and our insistence on continually going for the big play made us predictable.  Look at all the targets for Dorsett and nothing. Doyle should be the No.1 TE not Allen.   Luck needs to stop being a robot and get involved with the offense.  Change plays.  You use to tell when Peyton changed the play not the same with Luck. I 'm not sure he does it that often. I have to say I'm really disappointed in Chud.  He really let us down today. 

27 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Can someone explain why the Colts lost a timeout when they reversed the fumble call?   

Also how was there no clear recovery?   

Even if it was a Texans player who came out with the ball. 

They challenged a colt recovered the ball

1 hour ago, IinD said:

What middle school we talking about??:D

Yeah that pick is looking terrible. He's a glorified situational 3rd down slot guy.

Not his fault he was drafted that high though.

No, if you remember right he had a mid-2nd round grade even after lighting up the combine. 

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Dude was only a DC for what, 2 years, and with a veteran, very loaded with talent Defense already in place, waiting on him?

Agreed

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

Imo all but one of Dorsetts drops was due to bad throws from Andrew. 

Dude, all but one of those throws were in Dorsetts hands. They were throws an NFL receiver is supposed to be able to make. Even Sorgi said so in the post game

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Agreed

Dude, all but one of those throws were in Dorsetts hands. They were throws an NFL receiver is supposed to be able to make. Even Sorgi said so in the post game

Eh, Sorgi Also told me in a bar once that the colts screwed up drafting Addai, and he would suck because his hands were tiny, and that his boy Ron Dayne was who we should have drafted, because he was a sure fire hall of famer..... it's Jim..... lol

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Do we still have a chance? That's all I'm curious about. Also we were all happy last week when we beat the Jets

The 49ers beat the Jets!!!! The Colts ere home with first place on the line and lost to a team that is not better than them or at least there were not before the game. I have been called a hater which I am not but if there is a worm in my apple I toss it. I laugh at fans that hold up their index finger to say "We're number one" after they win the only game of the season. Face facts.

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Also we were all happy last week when we beat the Jets

I wasn't.  I mean, I was happy about the win but I wasn't on cloud nine.  I recognized that that game said much more about the Jets than it did the Colts.  The Jets are a train wreck right now, and they quit on their coaches last week.  They didn't come to play.  I made an effort to temper expectations for this week because it was clear that people were getting way too high off of that win.  It's not that I don't want you to be happy.  I was just trying to avoid the inevitable letdown when reality set it.  The Colts are not a good team.

2 hours ago, Surge89 said:

He's an above average QB yes and he can have moments of brilliance but for those who thought he was going to be another Manning might as well give up that hope now.

It's not reasonable to expect him to be another Manning.  We're not going to get another Manning.  I understand why people wanted him and I understand why Irsay cut Manning loose to draft him and I think it was the right decision (as much as it hurt to see Manning play in another uniform), but anybody that was expecting him to step in and be Manning for the next 15 years was fooling themselves.  And that's not a knock on Luck.  It's just that Manning was that special.  Luck is still a remarkably good QB that most teams in the NFL would trade their entire draft to have.  He's never going to be Manning, though, so we need to get that thought out of our heads.

2 hours ago, relkins said:

Anybody think we could win against Dallas, Oakland, Kansas city and New England? It's not worth dropping in the draft to win out.

I would be thrilled if they even got the opportunity to play Dallas.

8 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

That depends.  Maybe Grigson will end up running another team.  If so, I'd say there's a decent chance we could get something for him from Grigson's new team. 

Let's face it, the man has a track record of giving away the store to get 1st-round bust skill players....and he also has a track record of not putting much value on offensive linemen.

You gotta stay optimistic.

I don't see that.

gave away the store?  He gave a late 1st for trent at a lower rookie contract without the bonus.  Other than the pick, he gave away nothing.

and a guy that doesn't valur OLmen wouldn't have picked one in the 1st and three overall in a draft.

i dont see your point