Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Just About Does it

indyagent17

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I don't want us anywhere near the playoffs since we have a miniscule chance of being legitimate super bowl contenders. Id rather we ended 7-9 or 6-10 and got a top 12 pick out of it.

I'm a Colts fan 100%. But having a bad season will be better for this team in the long run than being dumped out of the wildcard game by a team that deserves to be there.

I like the idea of a top 12 pick but I have no hope for a good one because Grigson will be making the pick with Pagano's input....we are still hosed even with a top pick...we will end up with Bjorn Werner II or Phillip Dorsett II (a small fast WR with bad hands).

Just now, IinD said:

Just out of curiosity, are we technically out of it or is it one of those they both have to go 0-3 while we win out type deals?

we still have a small chance, We must win out and hope Houston loses two more and we tennessee to lose at least 2 games as well. its a longshot

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

we still have a small chance, We must win out and hope Houston loses two more and we tennessee to lose at least 2 games as well. its a longshot

Thank you.

So this was essentially game over in many ways.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just out of curiosity, are we technically out of it or is it one of those they both have to go 0-3 while we win out type deals?

Basically they don't deserve it, and it's a longshot anyway.  They had their destiny in their hands and they dropped it on it's fat head.  Hoping other teams lose out is no way to go IMHO.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

I think if the Texans lose out, Titans lose out except their last game to Houston, and Indy wins out, we are in the playoffs.  Not 100% sure though.  Regardless, it's better for us to not be in the playoffs.  Losing out is best for the future

Just now, AZColt11 said:

Basically they don't deserve it, and it's a longshot anyway.  They had their destiny in their hands and they dropped it on it's fat head.  Hoping other teams lose out is no way to go IMHO.

Totally agreed, I was just honestly curious if it's 100% over or like 75% over...looks like it's a 90% over type deal.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Totally agreed, I was just honestly curious if it's 100% over or like 75% over...looks like it's a 90% over type deal.

Not too sure but I think some sites will have odds of making it that are updated this time of year after each game.  My guess is Indy would be less than 25%.

21 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

That's not correct. If we win out , Houston loses two and  Tenn loses one game , we would win the division. Not going to happen but we do win the tie breaker with Tenn and we are 1 game behind them.

Here's how we still win the division. Tens loses to KC and beats Houston. Houston loses to Cinn and Tenn. Colts win out. That's a scenario that could happen without counting on a jacksonville win. It really isn't all that insane if the Colts were capable of beating Oakland and Minn on the road. I think that's tougher than what we actually need form Houston and Tenn.

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Here's how we still win the division. Tens loses to KC and beats Houston. Houston loses to Cinn and Tenn. Colts win out. That's a scenario that could happen without counting on a jacksonville win. It really isn't all that insane if the Colts were capable of beating Oakland and Minn on the road. I think that's tougher than what we actually need form Houston and Tenn.

I would agree with you, which is EXACTLY why I don't like our chances since Minny and Oakland will no doubt have a lot to play for.  This team is a dumpster fire and they are kerosene.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

I would agree with you, which is EXACTLY why I don't like our chances since Minny and Oakland will no doubt have a lot to play for.  This team is a dumpster fire and they are kerosene.

Where don't you agree with me ? I just pointed out that we don't need Tenn to lose 2 games and then laid out what needs to happen. I do say that it's unlikely we beat Minn and Oak on the road.

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Where don't you agree with me ? I just pointed out that we don't need Tenn to lose 2 games and then laid out what needs to happen. I do say that it's unlikely we beat Minn and Oak on the road.

My bad.  I agree that aint gonna happen, the Colts part that is.

14 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Great last sentence...Lol

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

I like the idea of a top 12 pick but I have no hope for a good one because Grigson will be making the pick with Pagano's input....we are still hosed even with a top pick...we will end up with Bjorn Werner II or Phillip Dorsett II (a small fast WR with bad hands).

I agree, no matter what pick we get Grigson/Pagano will screw it up. I really think what we need is a NEW GM and a NEW Coach.

Those of us in Tennessee were wondering which one of you to root for, either Indy or Houston.  Houston has the easier schedule but Indy has beaten us twice this year.  Regardless the best scenario is to win out and control our own destiny and that happened today in Nashville.  We didn't play well on offense in the second half....most of us would have said that if we knew that Mariota would go 6-20 for 88 yards passing that this is a loss.  But our defense was playing out of their minds.

KC in Arrowhead will be the ultimate test.  I think the offense will play better but we have to play a complete game in all 3 phases.

2 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

Those of us in Tennessee were wondering which one of you to root for, either Indy or Houston.  Houston has the easier schedule but Indy has beaten us twice this year.  Regardless the best scenario is to win out and control our own destiny and that happened today in Nashville.  We didn't play well on offense in the second half....most of us would have said that if we knew that Mariota would go 6-20 for 88 yards passing that this is a loss.  But our defense was playing out of their minds.

KC in Arrowhead will be the ultimate test.  I think the offense will play better but we have to play a complete game in all 3 phases.

I don't know if ANY team in this sorry division deserves the title but with your teams' big win today they just might be the "best of the lot".  They are playing well of late, sans Indy, and look like the favorite to take the title.  Indy flat CHOKED today and let maybe the worst QB in the NFL beat them not only once but TWICE.  I'm sure they are ill right about now.

4 minutes ago, 19colt said:

The Vikings are not terribly daunting. Watch the Colts beat them in a close game next week and get our hopes up again...

I've learned my lesson.  I wasn't even confident going in based off the Jets game.  I knew they were garbage and basically quit in that game after we went up 14-0.  I was basing it more off of the Texans being trash, on a losing streak, having maybe the worst QB in the NFL, and coming to Indy.  Easy right?  Well......this is the Colts we're talking about.

With that said, nobody will pick the Colts, which probably means they will find a way to pull it out in Minny.  Of course, at the same time, Tennessee and Houston will likely both win and * on the parade.  LOL

10 hours ago, dw49 said:

All of that will probably happen just out of spite for is who don't want it to happen. 

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

The reason it's so effective is because teams forget luck can actually run and get away from a defender but he barely runs now

It's not that they forget the league knows he can run the damn coaches just don't allow him to take advantage of his athleticism..thier dline didn't care about containing luck they were just crashing every play  which is how luck got that play off..but how do you only run it ONE TIME 

34 minutes ago, will426 said:

It's not that they forget the league knows he can run the damn coaches just don't allow him to take advantage of his athleticism..thier dline didn't care about containing luck they were just crashing every play  which is how luck got that play off..but how do you only run it ONE TIME 

No what I mean is the opposing teams are not used to seeing luck run the ball much like wilson does with seattle if luck ran the option more it would really help alot more on short yard situations and true it does seem chuck and them are holding luck back from using his legs more than he does

16 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't see what is so incredibly obvious.  The offensive game plan has not worked all year and the staff stubbornly refused to adapt even in the slightest.  This offense is incredibly predictable.  It's why we get blitzed constantly.  It's why a depleted Houston offense can cover our recievers. It's not intelligent.  It's why we throw screens on 4th and one.  It's why we constantly in shotgun on third and short. 

How much of the offensive game plan is in Luck's hands? 

Not that I'm blaming Andrew Luck for yesterday's game, but like you said, it's obvious something ain't right. You'd think a coaching staff would see it & correct it. 

But if Andrew Luck is looking over the defense saying, "Nah, I think we have a better chance if I check to this 'tried & true' pass play."