Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to get serious and RETURN to glory...

bluephantom87

I KNOW most on this board are DIEHARD blue and white fans (myself included) but I'm shocked at the level of COMFORT as well as excuses made for this version of the Colts who have been slowing corroding the past couple of seasons. Some think Chuck COACHED a good game against a Steeler team coming in on a short with BACK to BACK road games while missing several key players also because we only LOST 28-7. Keep in mind that the Steelers had to beat the WINLESS Browns (whose started like 7 different qbs this season) 24-9 Sunday JUST to even their record to 5-5. Let's NOT gloss over the fact that the decision to single cover Brown greatly CONTRIBUTED to most of the Steelers points and the offensive play calling inside the Steelers 5yd line contributed to our LACK of points. Too many times this team lacks FOCUS with untimely dropped passes, penalties at key moments, poor tackling or execution... enough is enough!!! I question whether this organization is truly STRIVING for GREATNESS anymore or is just CONTENT with being able to squeeze out wins against BAD teams while masking flaws in the form of having a shot at the BAD division title yearly without being a SERIOUS threat for the SB. This has nothing to do with spoiled fans or trolls but people with a passion for their team.

It wasn't too long ago that when the media talked about model franchises and winning it was all about the Patriots and Colts. Manning or Brady? That all started when Irsay brought in a HOF headed gm who put the pieces together with a future HOF coach and surrounded the young Manning with weapons as well as some great offensive minds that CATERED to his strengths and ALLOWED him to become ONE of the greatest to ever play the game! What has been allowed to happen AROUND Luck is almost comical and at this rate he will NOT finish this contract. It's time for a CULTURAL and MINDSET change for this team! The EXPERIMENT has lasted long enough and the time is now Mr Irsay to take back this franchise and head BACK to the right direction.... 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and I hate losing. Having said that if we have a mediocre season or 2 I can deal with it because of all the success we have had since the mid 90's starting with Harbaugh's magical season. Not sure how long you have been a fan but I have been since 1984 so watching this team play from 1984-1986 (3 seasons) was brutal, these last 2 seasons have nothing on that. At least we do have a franchise QB in place which is promising. Maybe eventually Irsay will be forced to make a Coaching change or GM change if things don't improve the rest of this season and next season. One glaring problem I see is the amount of injuries we seem to get every game to key players. That is a huge problem and getting to be a bit puzzling. I do think we have a lot of spoiled fans that don't have patience and just expect us to go 11-5 or 12-4 every season. It doesn't work like that for hardly anyone, we had it with Peyton and Andrew's first 3 seasons and the Patriots have had it with Belichick and Brady and that is about it over the last 15 years. When Belichick retires or and Brady that team will have it's inconsistency's as well and might even be Bad? The Steelers have even missed the Playoffs a few times in the Big Ben era. Have to take the bad with the good.

Luck needs a defense.  As flawed as this offense is, with the poor O-line play, lack of a running game, drops by the WRs, etc., it, the offense, is still good enough to make this a playoff team.  Whoever you feel, at GM and HC, are the most sure things to build a defense, that is who should be brought in.  

I too can live with a few years of not having fantastic seasons considering we are rebuilding.  Most teams rebuild and have horrible seasons and wind up changing coaches and earning high draft picks every year.  Not us.  We finish 500 last year and this year we are still in the hunt. The team plays hard for their coach and never quits. That says a lot too. This years and last years draft have produced a lot of good young players who will only get better.  I think we are close already.  One or two FA signings and another good draft and we are relevant SB contenders again. We have the QB that's have the battle. Now all I ask is that they replace the turf this off season.  I really believe it is contributing to our excessive injuries. It seems most of our injuries occur at home.

2 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

I KNOW most on this board are DIEHARD blue and white fans (myself included) but I'm shocked at the level of COMFORT as well as excuses made for this version of the Colts who have been slowing corroding the past couple of seasons. Some think Chuck COACHED a good game against a Steeler team coming in on a short with BACK to BACK road games while missing several key players also because we only LOST 28-7. Keep in mind that the Steelers had to beat the WINLESS Browns (whose started like 7 different qbs this season) 24-9 Sunday JUST to even their record to 5-5. Let's NOT gloss over the fact that the decision to single cover Brown greatly CONTRIBUTED to most of the Steelers points and the offensive play calling inside the Steelers 5yd line contributed to our LACK of points. Too many times this team lacks FOCUS with untimely dropped passes, penalties at key moments, poor tackling or execution... enough is enough!!! I question whether this organization is truly STRIVING for GREATNESS anymore or is just CONTENT with being able to squeeze out wins against BAD teams while masking flaws in the form of having a shot at the BAD division title yearly without being a SERIOUS threat for the SB. This has nothing to do with spoiled fans or trolls but people with a passion for their team.

It wasn't too long ago that when the media talked about model franchises and winning it was all about the Patriots and Colts. Manning or Brady? That all started when Irsay brought in a HOF headed gm who put the pieces together with a future HOF coach and surrounded the young Manning with weapons as well as some great offensive minds that CATERED to his strengths and ALLOWED him to become ONE of the greatest to ever play the game! What has been allowed to happen AROUND Luck is almost comical and at this rate he will NOT finish this contract. It's time for a CULTURAL and MINDSET change for this team! The EXPERIMENT has lasted long enough and the time is now Mr Irsay to take back this franchise and head BACK to the right direction.... 

Get your butt in there..  Just imagine how much the league would be S$&&"@& their pants if the Colts had Emperor Palpatine as head coach/gm/offense/defense/league commissioner/universal owner........

Same old "hog wash" we read on here during the week when the Colts lose. 

Unfortantly when 2 play someone has to lose. It's the way it is.  Fan means fanatics and yelling, screaming, complaining and fire everyone after a lose is getting old. 

You have to take the bad with the gold at times and you can't change captain every game after loss.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I too can live with a few years of not having fantastic seasons considering we are rebuilding.  

Rebuilding = spin.  It was never built.  With Grigson, you are in perpetual rebuilding mode.  

I get why people are impatient. The issue is I don't see any skilled replacements available. Pagano and Grigson have their faults but I think they are avg. at worst.

Jason Garret

Team Year Regular season Postseason
Won Lost Ties Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result
DAL* 2010 5 3 0 .625 3rd in NFC East
DAL 2011 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East
DAL 2012 8 8 0 .500 3rd in NFC East
DAL 2013 8 8 0 .500 2nd in NFC East
DAL 2014 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Green Bay Packersin NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2015 4 12 0 .250 4th in NFC East
DAL 2016 10 1 0 .909  
Total[27] 55 44 0 .556   1

Bill Belichick 

36-44 in his first 5 seasons plus 5-11 in his first year as Pats HC

Gary Kubiak 

Coached a perennial door mat in Houston then comes in and wins a SB with Denver.

Jim Caldwell is coaching a Div leading Det team. He could have been fired last year.

Ron Rivera, one year SB contender the year before 8-8. Now they are crap.

What I'm saying is good organizations don't just fire everyone all the time. Our staff including Chud and Philbin is pretty solid. I'm not calling anyone stupid because they want the GM and Coach fired. I just think it's tough to build a contender when you're cleaning house all the time.

Pitsburgh, Baltimore, Carolina, Green Bay, and Arizona are all under performing. They have solid and lauded coaches and front offices. How many times has Arians move to Zona been lamented? How many time did we hear Baltimore has the best drafting? How many time has Green Bay made the playoffs? How many times has Big Ben been injured? I'm just gonna say it's not easy out there. 

It it can get much much much worse for the Colts. A sure fire recipe for crappy organizations is instability. Give it time, let our Coach and GM grow. I'm confident we will see better results if we do. 

Unless we can get some nutty good GM and coach, which is not easy.

Owner not looking deep enough. Josh McDaniel, some in college rank to explore possibilities to ger you to the next level would  be a success.  4 or 5 yrs of mediocre performance ain't cutting it. Drain the incompetence, starting at GM spot on down. This team is pathetic and will never win a SB with this bunch. 

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I get why people are impatient. The issue is I don't see any skilled replacements available. Pagano and Grigson have their faults but I think they are avg. at worst.

Jason Garret

DAL 2014 12 4 0 .750 1st in NFC East 1 1 .500 Lost to Green Bay Packersin NFC Divisional Game
DAL 2016 10 1 0 .909  

Bill Belichick 

Gary Kubiak 

Coached a perennial door mat in Houston then comes in and wins a SB with Denver.

Jim Caldwell is coaching a Div leading Det team. He could have been fired last year.

What I'm saying is good organizations don't just fire everyone all the time. Our staff including Chud and Philbin is pretty solid. I'm not calling anyone stupid because they want the GM and Coach fired. I just think it's tough to build a contender when you're cleaning house all the time.

Pitsburgh, Baltimore, Carolina, Green Bay, and Arizona are all under performing. They have solid and lauded coaches and front offices. How many times has Arians move to Zona been lamented? How many time did we hear Baltimore has the best drafting? How many time has Green Bay made the playoffs? How many times has Big Ben been injured? I'm just gonna say it's not easy out there. 

It it can get much much much worse for the Colts. A sure fire recipe for crappy organizations is instability. Give it time, let our Coach and GM grow. I'm confident we will see better results if we do. 

Grigson sucks he is at fault for most of this Pagano is average at best as a coach and lack of talent on both sides of the ball = no superbowls in the luck era if all this continues.

Priority number one is the offensive line. Grigson could have fixed that problem over the last five years we wold  have a lot more wins. 

There is surely no excuse for the poor offensive line play if we had drafted much better and brought in good quality free agents that werent at the end of their career

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Jason Garret

DAL 2016 10 1 0 .909  

Bill Belichick 

Gary Kubiak 

Very well written. I agree 100%.

I agree with the post that started this conversation. I too am amazed at the willingness for fans, at least on this forum to relax and take losing in stride. These posters seem to mimic the product we have on the field and in the head office. Anyone that is "ok" with a few mediocre seasons is as big of a concern as the status of the 2016 Colts. I know there are other organizations that expect nothing but the best and are willing to take a hard look at the product that are marketing and themselves and make adjustments daily to produce the best product and nothing less.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I agree with the post that started this conversation. I too am amazed at the willingness for fans, at least on this forum to relax and take losing in stride. These posters seem to mimic the product we have on the field and in the head office. Anyone that is "ok" with a few mediocre seasons is as big of a concern as the status of the 2016 Colts. I know there are other organizations that expect nothing but the best and are willing to take a hard look at the product that are marketing and themselves and make adjustments daily to produce the best product and nothing less.

This sentiment is nonsense.

At the risk of speaking for the majority of the fanbase, including posters here, no one is content, comfortable or willing to endure bad seasons. What you have is fans who don't care to scream at the top of their lungs about how much they hate the staff every time something doesn't go right.

You also have some who recognize that teams with roster issues can't fix those issues overnight. Doesn't matter how you got there or who you want to fix it, you can't restock a roster with a snap of a finger. So when the season starts and you see that the Colts just aren't that good, there's little use in complaining about a "return to glory" when you know that the staff in charge want nothing more than to fix the problems the team has. 

None of this means that everyone is okay with mediocre seasons. It's a matter of perspective, and this general complaint shows a lack of it. The Colts have actually put a pretty good product on the field for the majority of the last 20 years. This nonsense about a fanbase taking losing in stride is, again, nonsense. Meanwhile, there are teams that haven't made the playoffs in the last 20 years. Be concerned about those fanbases...

Heres the thing that you've missed...nothing about how any of us feel about this team will bring it "back to glory."   at least except to the extent posters on here arent involved in the decisionmaking progress as to this team's future  and to the chagrin of many on here, im sure. perhaps ownership understands the general clatter of the masses, but it doesnt force decisions. like, at all.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

At the risk of speaking for the majority of the fanbase, including posters here, no one is content, comfortable or willing to endure bad seasons. What you have is fans who don't care to scream at the top of their lungs about how much they hate the staff every time something doesn't go right.

You also have some who recognize that teams with roster issues can't fix those issues overnight. Doesn't matter how you got there or who you want to fix it, you can't restock a roster with a snap of a finger. So when the season starts and you see that the Colts just aren't that good, there's little use in complaining about a "return to glory" when you know that the staff in charge want nothing more than to fix the problems the team has. 

None of this means that everyone is okay with mediocre seasons. It's a matter of perspective, and this general complaint shows a lack of it. The Colts have actually put a pretty good product on the field for the majority of the last 20 years. This nonsense about a fanbase taking losing in stride is, again, nonsense.

Nonsense....I take offense to that. As a Colt fan for 50 years I've never settled for less than the best and I read the majority of the posts on this forum and I feel and read the sentiments of many and I mean many that post on this fourm. They are slow to acknowledge there is a problem. It's just when a parent has a child that has an addiction they always hope for the best and many times end up aiding in the addiction. It seems there are some that really believe this is a decent team and we're just a play or two or year away from the SB. The culture surrounding this team is cancerous and our record vs. teams with winning records is the true testament of our product from top to bottom. I also take offense of someone that has more seniority on this forum not taking the voice of a newer member seriously and calling it nonsense. Am I right? I do know the game and know a turd when I see one and the current Colts product is a turd vs. any winning team in the league. I am not happy with a participation banner nor never will be, is that nonsense?

2 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Same old "hog wash" we read on here during the week when the Colts lose. 

Unfortantly when 2 play someone has to lose. It's the way it is.  Fan means fanatics and yelling, screaming, complaining and fire everyone after a lose is getting old. 

You have to take the bad with the gold at times and you can't change captain every game after loss.

My opinion wasn't based on this week because they lost. I felt the same way when they beat a bad Packer team who almost came back to add another loss to the Colts. In my post I said this team has slowly been corroding. Of course I know you can't always win but you want to give your team the best possible chance to compete for a SB. I can take the good with the bad because as one said the early Indy Colt teams stunk! Only when Eric Dickerson arrived in the late 80's did the team have anything to cheer for as far as winning (and that was short lived) until the magic ride with Harbaugh at qb in the mid 90's.

I have watched Chuck as a hc for 5yrs now and still see the same problems. I don't see a coach or a team that's getting better. Instead I see a one headed in the opposite direction. A team that can get by bad teams but look outmatched and outcoached by good teams. For all the wins this season every last one of the teams has a losing record right now. The talent level on this team falls on Grigson who has done Luck a disservice to this point with the constant beating that he is subjected to on a weekly basis and I say again at this rate he will not finish this contract due to injury unless something changes.  

10 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

Nonsense....I take offense to that. As a Colt fan for 50 years I've never settled for less than the best and I read the majority of the posts on this forum and I feel and read the sentiments of many and I mean many that post on this fourm. They are slow to acknowledge there is a problem. It's just when a parent has a child that has an addiction they always hope for the best and many times end up aiding in the addiction. It seems there are some that really believe this is a decent team and we're just a play or two or year away from the SB. The culture surrounding this team is cancerous and our record vs. teams with winning records is the true testament of our product from top to bottom. I also take offense of someone that has more seniority on this forum not taking the voice of a newer member seriously and calling it nonsense. Am I right? I do know the game and know a turd when I see one and the current Colts product is a turd vs. any winning team in the league. I am not happy with a participation banner nor never will be, is that nonsense?

As a Colt fan for 50 years I've never settled for less than the best

And what difference has that made?

I take offense to posters telling me that I'm the reason the Colts aren't good, because I don't scream into the wind every time they lose, because I'm settling for mediocrity, accusing me of being happy with a participation banner, etc. You've insinuated -- and you're not the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last -- that I'm an inferior fan, holding the rest of you back.

The bolded is especially off the mark, and again points to a lack of perspective.

The culture surrounding the Colts is not cancerous. Again, that's nonsense. The Colts have been one of the best teams in the league for a long time. They've slid back the past two seasons, and need a lot of work. That's a far cry from cancerous. Seriously, take a look around the league. Things get a lot worse than the current state of the Colts, from their record to their postseason success, to everything else. It's more than overboard, it's an egregious misrepresentation of the state of the franchise.

None of this means I'm okay or content with what the Colts are doing or where they're at. Nothing I've said suggest the Colts are just one or two plays away from going to the Super Bowl. 

So, I'm sorry that it offends you that I think your post is entirely lacking in sense. I'm not saying you don't know football or that your opinion isn't relevant. I'm saying that, on this point, I think what you're saying makes no sense. I stand by that.

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

I take offense to posters telling me that I'm the reason the Colts aren't good, because I don't scream into the wind every time they lose, because I'm settling for mediocrity, accusing me of being happy with a participation banner, etc. You've insinuated -- and you're not the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last -- that I'm an inferior fan, holding the rest of you back.

The bolded is especially off the mark, and again points to a lack of perspective.

The culture surrounding the Colts is not cancerous. Again, that's nonsense. The Colts have been one of the best teams in the league for a long time. They've slid back the past two seasons, and need a lot of work. That's a far cry from cancerous. Seriously, take a look around the league. Things get a lot work that the Colts, from their record to their postseason success, to everything else. It's more than overboard, it's an egregious misrepresentation of the state of the franchise.

None of this means I'm okay or content with what the Colts are doing or where they're at. Nothing I've said suggest the Colts are just one or two plays away from going to the Super Bowl. 

So, I'm sorry that it offends you that I think your post is entirely lacking in sense. I'm not saying you don't know football or that your opinion isn't relevant. I'm saying that, on this point, I think what you're saying makes no sense. I stand by that.

I too stand by my original post. I didn't say you in particular but many that post on this forum are seriously satisfied with the state of the Colts, if you're one of those and if the shoe fits. My argument is we have been a good team in a crappy division for some time now and I'm amazed that many Colts fans won't recognize this. It's as if they've been blinded by our records in 2013 & 2014. We took advantage of a terrible division and rode that horse to the playoffs only to be pushed aside like a child being bullied on the playground. Again if anyone can't recognize this they are in deep denial. You can candy coat the current status of the team and maybe as a moderator you are obligated to do that. As a fan I am not obligated to accept the status quo and look forward to an 8-8 season with no chance of a Superbowl. The days of beating up on the AFC South are over and we are taking one step forward and 2 back all the while squandering the career of Andrew Luck and exposing him to undue physical harm. I am sincere when I say these things and I'm not "screaming into the win every time they lose" I have 2 eyes and can see for myself the current dysfunction of this organization. If you're happy with the current team then I have offended you and I am sorry but please don't tell me my sentiment is "nonsense".

39 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

Can I ask - to the bolded, can you share what you did to not settle for less than the best?  What tangible things did you do to alter the course of the Colts?  In those lean 2-14 years, what were doing to help?  

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think you're very wrong about that.

I think you need to read the posts that I'm reading. I can copy and paste if you like. The difference is you think I'm wrong about that....why would I say that, I mean no one any harm I just read time after time on these threads on how we need to calm down and relax. I'm saying I see many posts that reflect this attitude of calm down a relax and this tells me these people are satisfied. I like the way Nick Saban or Bill Belichick is calm and relaxed when their teams are up 35 points.

9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Can I ask - to the bolded, can you share what you did to not settle for less than the best?  What tangible things did you do to alter the course of the Colts?  In those lean 2-14 years, what were doing to help?  

I know this is a trolling question but OK I'll bite. I would build a culture of winning that transcends the coaches and the players...much like the Packers and Steelers have done and other teams are beginning to do Pats and Seahawks for example. I can't do anything about a 2-14 team but I don't have to like it or be calm and relaxed about it and I never will. The minute you believe there are "rebuilding" years is the minute you have accepted mediocre, that's all I'm saying. You get a pulse of the fan base by these posts and there are many that are crying out for nothing but the best and many that say calm down and relax, I stand with the nothing but the best crowd. My friend if you stand with the calm down and relax crowd have at it. I mean to offend no one on these posts but there is really a large group of people on these threads that think 8-8 is pretty darn good and it sickens me that's all.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I think you need to read the posts that I'm reading. I can copy and paste if you like. The difference is you think I'm wrong about that....why would I say that, I mean no one any harm I just read time after time on these threads on how we need to calm down and relax. I'm saying I see many posts that reflect this attitude of calm down a relax and this tells me these people are satisfied. I like the way Nick Saban or Bill Belichick is calm and relaxed when their teams are up 35 points.

In what thesaurus does calm and/or relax include a link to satisfied? They may be present at the same time, but on their own, by definition the former two are mutually exclusive of the third. forget read the same posts, we should start with with the same language first.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

None of this means that everyone is okay with mediocre seasons. It's a matter of perspective, and this general complaint shows a lack of it. The Colts have actually put a pretty good product on the field for the majority of the last 20 years. This nonsense about a fanbase taking losing in stride is, again, nonsense. Meanwhile, there are teams that haven't made the playoffs in the last 20 years. Be concerned about those fanbases...

Thank you! You get it.

35 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I too stand by my original post. I didn't say you in particular but many that post on this forum are seriously satisfied with the state of the Colts, if you're one of those and if the shoe fits. My argument is we have been a good team in a crappy division for some time now and I'm amazed that many Colts fans won't recognize this. It's as if they've been blinded by our records in 2013 & 2014. We took advantage of a terrible division and rode that horse to the playoffs only to be pushed aside like a child being bullied on the playground. Again if anyone can't recognize this they are in deep denial. You can candy coat the current status of the team and maybe as a moderator you are obligated to do that. As a fan I am not obligated to accept the status quo and look forward to an 8-8 season with no chance of a Superbowl. The days of beating up on the AFC South are over and we are taking one step forward and 2 back all the while squandering the career of Andrew Luck and exposing him to undue physical harm. I am sincere when I say these things and I'm not "screaming into the win every time they lose" I have 2 eyes and can see for myself the current dysfunction of this organization. If you're happy with the current team then I have offended you and I am sorry but please don't tell me my sentiment is "nonsense".

Nobody in here is happy with the current state of the Colts, everyone in here hates losing. Having said that, as Colts fans/Football fans it's common sense that we aren't going 12-4 every season and winning the SB every season. We have had tons of success over the last 20 years and have won a SB so big freakin deal if someone like me or some others can tolerate it if we have a mediocre season or 2. It happens to every team on occasion. Cowboys haven't won a SB since 1995, 49ers since 1994. Fans like me are sick of people getting on here and Posting fire this guy, cut that guy - to me that is nonsense. For pete sakes we have been one of the best franchises for over 20 seasons since 1995, so reading that crap gets old.

10 minutes ago, Jeff Hilton said:

I know this is a trolling question but OK I'll bite. I would build a culture of winning that transcends the coaches and the players...much like the Packers and Steelers have done and other teams are beginning to do Pats and Seahawks for example. I can't do anything about a 2-14 team but I don't have to like it or be calm and relaxed about it and I never will. The minute you believe there are "rebuilding" years is the minute you have accepted mediocre, that's all I'm saying. You get a pulse of the fan base by these posts and there are many that are crying out for nothing but the best and many that say calm down and relax, I stand with the nothing but the best crowd. My friend if you stand with the calm down and relax crowd have at it. I mean to offend no one on these posts but there is really a large group of people on these threads that think 8-8 is pretty darn good and it sickens me that's all.

I am many things on this board, personally I think savant is the most appropriate.  But a troll I am not.

Your entire premise is flawed.  But still the comment that still leaves me giddy is "as a Colts fan for 50 years, I've never settled for less than the best."  That is comedy gold there.  Still really interested in a better explanation of what you did to not settle.

You would build a culture that transcends players and coaches?  Well congrats - you just identified the goal of the entire league.  Must be harder than it seems given how few teams have this sacred culture.

I personally don't recall anyone on the Colts saying they are in a rebuild mode.  But the idea that saying that means accepting of mediocrity is a giant leap to say the least.

Your read on this board is comically wrong as well.  No one is pleased with 8-8 last year and no one is thrilled with how things stand right now.  But you stand with nothing but the best crowd - if you say so.  Whatever the heck that means.  My take on that is you side with the clinically uninformed or spastically reactionary crew that wants change the minute something does not go according to hoyle.  

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I am many things on this board, personally I think savant is the most appropriate.  But a troll I am not.

Your entire premise is flawed.  But still the comment that still leaves me giddy is "as a Colts fan for 50 years, I've never settled for less than the best."  That is comedy gold there.  Still really interested in a better explanation of what you did to not settle.

You would build a culture that transcends players and coaches?  Well congrats - you just identified the goal of the entire league.  Must be harder than it seems given how few teams have this sacred culture.

I personally don't recall anyone on the Colts saying they are in a rebuild mode.  But the idea that saying that means accepting of mediocrity is a giant leap to say the least.

Your read on this board is comically wrong as well.  No one is pleased with 8-8 last year and no one is thrilled with how things stand right now.  But you stand with nothing but the best crowd - if you say so.  Whatever the heck that means.  My take on that is you side with the clinically uninformed or spastically reactionary crew that wants change the minute something does not go according to hoyle.  

Great Post, I have been a fan for 32 years but who cares haha Nobody is pleased with 8-8 but it happens from time to time unfortunately.