Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive MVP so far?

camcolts2621

Quite honestly, I don't feel like anyone has played consistently enough yet to warrant that on the team yet. Maybe Davis but man has he had a couple of awful games, including yesterday's game. Next might be Walden but then who else has done anything that would warrant this award on the defense? Everyone else has been average or right around that mark. If I was forced, it would be Davis as he makes the defense look so much better when he is playing right. 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Walden with Geathers not far behind.  I was really impressed with the 5 sacks yesterday.  That has to be a season high doesn't it?

I think that basically doubles our sack count for the year lol, so yeah I'd say a season high.

37 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I think that basically doubles our sack count for the year lol, so yeah I'd say a season high.

Colts have moved up to the middle of the pack in sacks now with 22

and the O line is getting better....they're not last in sacks given up anymore and are improving each week.

In principle, it's still Davis, because he is the one guy we can't sustain success without over multiple games.  

However, the player that has raised the tide is Geathers.  His ability to run and hit in space has made everyone else better.

Without Geathers we don't match up at GB, and we certainly don't match up in run or pass defense against the Titans yesterday.  He was the guy that made us fluid, not just the guy that made some highly visible plays.

Walden has had the pressures/sacks that we neede from SOMEONE/ANYONE this year.  

But the biggest jump in impact so far this year has got to ge Geathers. He has not only player a special part in special pachages, but he's played them well.    The last couple weeks, when Geathers is in that nickel, big run plays are limited, and TE's have not been heard from very much (unlike earlier this year when they were tearing us a new one.

Vonte is Vonte, we all know if he's not playing our secondary drops to sub-par.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I’m not a religious person, but since you’re an educator I think you’re doing Gods work!   In these crazy insane times we’re all living in you’re doing one of the toughest jobs on earth.  And you’re teaching perhaps the most difficult generation to deal with.     From a distance it feels like you’re being very unfair to you.  I’m hoping in time you’ll see yourself in a completely different light.    Someone highly thought of.  A leader in the community.  A protector of young minds.   I couldn’t admire a teacher more.  
    • You are too self-deprecating. You are one of the most respected and bright members here. You should never feel that you are failing. I'm sure your wife and children don't feel that way.  Indiana does not pay teachers what they deserve. But money is overrated. Having good morals and good character should be valued a lot more. JMO.
    • They make a heck of a lot more money than I do. Even those on the practice squad are making life changing money.    To be completely honest, as an educator I feel more like trash nowadays. One of those moments where I feel like I’m failing as a man, a husband, a father and a teacher. I would absolutely never consider an honest working NFL player as trash. 
    • Food for thought… Once again, you continue to be your own worst enemy.     The Colts overall TE room is loaded with young players most of whom have had very little playing time for a variety of reasons.   So if you want to say the room might not be ranked high, that’s fair.    But you don’t say that.  You call them “trash”.  Why you feel that’s appropriate is a mystery.   Whenever you try the internet tough guy approach it typically blows up on you.     No one is trash.     You ignore the last three years and the QB and HC carousel the Colts have dealt with.  All of which has impacted the Colts weapons, especially the TE’s.   Ballard has publicly talked about how promising he thinks his TE room might be.   Woods, Granson, Ogletree, Mallory and MAC.    Only MAC is questionable and that’s because the salary hasn’t matched expectations.  But the first four?   All are promising.   They’re just young and looking for opportunity.  But they are NOT trash.     There’s a difference.     
    • Some of the coaches?   That sounds plural to me.   To the best of my knowledge the focus in this community has only been on one coach who may not be maximizing the players the Colts have.   And that’s the defensive coordinator.  He’s been a hot topic of conversation.  But I’m not aware of any other coach being viewed in a negative light. 
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,152

• OLD FAN MAN

OLD FAN MAN 1,310

• C_Lew

C_Lew 176

• ColtStrong2013

ColtStrong2013 3,571

• RollerColt

RollerColt 12,731

• tate