Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to get rid of LUCK

bluxco

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's laughable that some are trying to blame Luck for the current state of the Colts. Does he make some frustrating mistakes sometimes?... Sure, but so do most QBs.

The difference is that the rest of the team is such a train wreck Luck's mistakes stick out more. Combine with letting him be a tackling dummy since he came into the league, along with no quality coaching (he didn't get a Tom Moore), and expecting him to carry a horrible team on his back under those conditions..and you get QB with some bad habits

Imagine what the game would have looked like if we swapped Luck for BO, it wouldn't even have been a game the Texans would have blown us out of the stadium. 

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Im all for trading Luck, too. But not cause I think he sucks but more of he deserves to be on a more successful team. The colts  DO NOT deserve him. And they're wasting his career away. 

We are/were a successful team. The problem here is Pagano and his incompetent minion coaches.  Get rid of them and I'm pretty confident Luck and the rest of the team will play better.  You're right, they're wasting Luck's career away.

4 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

I don't know if you should get rid of him,  but the criticism is spot on.  Im so sick of his robotic oress conferences after another dumb mistake.  That throw had no business being made.  None.  U ad 3pts there and we win.  Nuff said.  His play is causing us gms now.  

Really?!!! Let's just GLOSS over the points he DID put on the scoreboard against the 5th ranked defense in the league coming into the game WITHOUT JJ Watt. His int in the FIRST half did not cost us the game. Giving up a 14pt LEAD with BIG plays and POOR tackling in the final minutes of the game to one of the WORST ranked offenses in the league is what lost this game!! Oh and a conservative hc trying to hold on YET vents about "killer instinct" AFTER the game... lol

1 hour ago, esmort said:

It's laughable that some are trying to blame Luck for the current state of the Colts. Does he make some frustrating mistakes sometimes?... Sure, but so do most QBs.

The difference is that the rest of the team is such a train wreck Luck's mistakes stick out more. Combine with letting him be a tackling dummy since he came into the league, along with no quality coaching (he didn't get a Tom Moore), and expecting him to carry a horrible team on his back under those conditions..and you get QB with some bad habits

Imagine what the game would have looked like if we swapped Luck for BO, it wouldn't even have been a game the Texans would have blown us out of the stadium. 

Your exactly right good sir luck on the Texans or any of the teams we have played in fact would have put up atleast 40 

6 hours ago, bluxco said:

LUCKS continuos mistakes in big moments kills COLTS---his interception in first half gave TEXANS momentum and his ground ball to T.Y. was another choke job.Tired of watching and listening to his dumb post game speeches

Yeah Packers should get rid of Rodgers as well, same with Cam and Carolina.

haha

6 hours ago, bluxco said:

LUCKS continuos mistakes in big moments kills COLTS---his interception in first half gave TEXANS momentum and his ground ball to T.Y. was another choke job.Tired of watching and listening to his dumb post game speeches

:troll:

6 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

I don't know if you should get rid of him,  but the criticism is spot on.  Im so sick of his robotic oress conferences after another dumb mistake.  That throw had no business being made.  None.  U ad 3pts there and we win.  Nuff said.  His play is causing us gms now.  

the defense is losing us games.  Luck deserves some blame absolutely.  But he didn't give up 14 points in 3 minutes.  If we are going to blame him for losses we also need to blame the defense 

2 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

the defense is losing us games.  Luck deserves some blame absolutely.  But he didn't give up 14 points in 3 minutes.  If we are going to blame him for losses we also need to blame the defense 

We are the type of team where Luck can have no INT's and 3 TD's and we could be up 21-3 with 5 minutes to go and still lose 24-21. Then some would still blame Luck.

I am expecting Luck to have surgery on his right shoulder at the end of the season.  If we get eliminated early I expect they will shut him down and IR him for the season.  As long as we are in contention he plays unless it gets worse.  Right now the doctors are letting him play.  I think he got hurt in one of the earlier games and is gutting it out.  Resting him during the week is the current prescription.  Players play hurt and I think he is right now. I see him aiming the ball sometimes and over throwing and under throwing balls quite often.  Yes, he makes some great throws once in awhile but he is Andrew Luck and he can still make them, on occasion, when hurt.  Just my 2 cents. 

In my mind doesn't make any sense to even say that they should get rid of Luck.

However, Luck needs to take more heat than he does. He definitely doesn't play like the best paid QB in NFL. I don't believe he is that transcedent QB that many Colts fans who lived through Peyton Manning years would like to believe.

So.....    to keep score.....

We are roughly halfway through this insane thread....    and one person agrees with the OP and says trade Luck.

Many agree Luck should play better.        But they also agree he's mostly played well this year and is the only reason we're even in the games we're in.

And the vast majority think this thread is insane......

OK.......     carry on.....       we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!         :thmup:  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I am expecting Luck to have surgery on his right shoulder at the end of the season.  If we get eliminated early I expect they will shut him down and IR him for the season.  As long as we are in contention he plays unless it gets worse.  Right now the doctors are letting him play.  I think he got hurt in one of the earlier games and is gutting it out.  Resting him during the week is the current prescription.  Players play hurt and I think he is right now. I see him aiming the ball sometimes and over throwing and under throwing balls quite often.  Yes, he makes some great throws once in awhile but he is Andrew Luck and he can still make them, on occasion, when hurt.  Just my 2 cents. 

I would have to go back and look it up to be sure, but I think the original shoulder injury was early last season... and if that is the case why wouldn't they hold ahead and do the surgery while he was already out?  I think what you are seeing now is just the ongoing maintenance and therapy/rehab of that earlier injury? 

IMO his throwing motion and velocity look the same, and he has always had a tendency to get a little wild with the occasional throw especially when under duress. 

I don"t understand why all these fans are in patient. It takes time to build a competitive team. You want to win so bad right now that you would be willing to get rid of our franchise quarterback for multiple picks that might not work out and lose the foundation of our team. Grigson has been dong better in the draft and is getting more experience every year. We are going in the right direction now. We as fans just need to wait out the storm of a few bad seasons till we get to where they are going. When we had Peyton we did not have a complete team or even good team around him till later in his career. We won game just like we did in Andrew first few years, but the team still didn't have the talent it had later in his career. They are going in the right direction now and building through the draft and saving money for contracts to keep our own. That is how you build a championship team. Just ask the Steelers, Packers and Patriots. That is what they have done for a long time and it works, but it takes time to get those players through the draft.

13 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree with the dumb thread thought.    But since it is here, let's make something interesting out of it.

Say the Browns offered next years 1,2,3,4,5 round draft picks and their 1 and 2 in 2018 for Luck.   Would you make the trade?

Remember they will most likely have the 1st pick in each round.  

Even as bad as the Browns have been I doubt they would be as stupid as Snyder of the Redskins or Ditka was with the Saints. :D:D

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

So you are a doctor that specializes in shoulders now?

4 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

In my mind doesn't make any sense to even say that they should get rid of Luck.

However, Luck needs to take more heat than he does. He definitely doesn't play like the best paid QB in NFL. I don't believe he is that transcedent QB that many Colts fans who lived through Peyton Manning years would like to believe.

He has surpassed what Manning has done in his first 5 years.

Luck is fine.  If some team was gonna make a crazy offer for him like 5 draft picks and more in the next draft then you would have to at least consider it, look at the prospects in the upcoming draft, etc.  But it would have to be can't miss to give up a guy like Luck.  He IS your future.  Get him some talent around him and solid coaching and he will win.

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah Packers should get rid of Rodgers as well, same with Cam and Carolina.

haha

I love these 2 posts from this thread. The shortsightedness of some fans never ceases to amaze me. Wow. 

Could you imagine where we'd be without Luck right now? Oh my God, I don't even want to think about that nightmare. A chill just went down my spine literally. 

16 hours ago, KB said:

Yall some cry babies.

If you mean, I'm tired of foolish penalties, the same scripted press conference lines, a failure to take advantage of a rare lead; & 'What do you want me to do about it?" Man, that response rubs me the wrong way Chuck. It really does. I won't lie. 

Then, yes. I'm a crybaby I guess. 

It's not directed at you personally KB just my own mammoth letdown on Natl. TV watching my favorite team. When we get spanked like this, it ruins my whole week. 

Look, I expect the HC & his staff to fix this & not make the same mistakes week after week. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So.....    to keep score.....

We are roughly halfway through this insane thread....    and one person agrees with the OP and says trade Luck.

Many agree Luck should play better.        But they also agree he's mostly played well this year and is the only reason we're even in the games we're in.

And the vast majority think this thread is insane......

OK.......     carry on.....       we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!         :thmup:  

Thank you for this entry NCF. Your 1st line & your last line are a riot BTW. My kind of Public Service Announcement actually. Or better yet, a timely news alert. Old school reporters are a dying breed. Keep it up! 

"Goodnight & good luck" --Edward R. Murrow