Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season is over...

bap1331

1 hour ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

We are realistic. Those of us who have been fans since 1984 have seen it all and right now we are seeing the worst managed, most underachieving, most lethargic Colts team ever in Indy history.

No...so untrue if you were a fan since 1984....really

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

No...so untrue if you were a fan since 1984....really

The early 90's were pretty rough.  I was a kid and got made fun of for being a colts fan when everyone was a bandwagon cowboys fan.  Those were rougher days.

It's mostly challenging now because we got spoiled under Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Edge/Mathis/Freeney/Sanders days, and now we suck when we have enough talent (especially with Luck) to be above average.

17 hours ago, Track Guy said:

The Bears (possibly without Cutler), Texans (definitely without Watt), and Titans? Which one of those teams is really that hard to imagine us beating? 

All three are hard to imagine....  after watching the 1st 4 games this season, we are fortunate to be 1 - 3.  how can you just mail in a game vs the Jags....  no focus, no discipline, no tackling, absent coaching, how is a trip back from London going to fix that...  they have a built in excuse now.. Jet Lag.....

11 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

The early 90's were pretty rough.  I was a kid and got made fun of for being a colts fan when everyone was a bandwagon cowboys fan.  Those were rougher days.

It's mostly challenging now because we got spoiled under Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Edge/Mathis/Freeney/Sanders days, and now we suck when we have enough talent (especially with Luck) to be above average.

Yes very true...Some of these Colts fans  on here are spoiled...

16 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I hear ya Loaf. People used to laugh at me in Highschool when I liked the Colts and I live in Indy. We had Mike Pagel and Jack Trudeau as QB's. When we got Eric Dickerson in 1987, at least I had a little bragging rights because we had the 1 good season in 1987.

18 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

We are realistic. Those of us who have been fans since 1984 have seen it all and right now we are seeing the worst managed, most underachieving, most lethargic Colts team ever in Indy history.

How is focusing on the negatives (without seeing the good things)  being "realistic"? Sure the Colts look bad but so many things can be corrected. Mental mistakes, penalties, poor execution does not mean this team lacks talent. Even the lack of pass rush can improve, once the secondary plays together for a couple of games. A healthy O-line makes a difference. Getting Moncrief back helps.  Right now, we are relying on backups an rookies at some positions. But backups and rookies will make mistakes. 

If as you say, this team is underachieving, that means you are saying they have the talent to play better. I agree. 

16 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

Time to rally for a losing season, which is a no brainer and plan what we're going to draft at the #1 spot. But first get rid of Pags and Grigs. 

I would pay Nick Saben what he wants to get him in as head coach as he will take no crap and get the talent in that the team needs.

We will make the playoffs!  I will put money on it.  But why make it for the AFC south is horrible that's the only reason we will hang another AFC south champ banner up for next year.  We go to the playoffs and get embarrassed no thanks.  Just mine as well suck for a RB a pass rusher a Oline men or suck for something just don't suck for another dorsett in the 1st round!!! 

Don't think the season is over, but what is over is the expectation I had that this team would be a winner/contender. With Luck back healthy, continuity with the head coach, full offseason with Chud, promised improvement in the pass rush with new DC, etc. really believed that we would return to our contending ways. Maybe not totally SB ready, but close. 

Really apparent that this roster and this coaching staff is just not up to it. We may see some streaky play, put a couple of wins together, but you just don't really see the makings of a team that can really put it together and make some kind of playoff push. What's holding us back is the same stuff that has been holding us back for several years- lack of running game, lack of pass protection, lack of pass rush, lack of playmakers/difference makers (aside from my man TY!)

Only saving grace for a possible winning season is that we play in the pitiful AFC South. 

On 10/2/2016 at 9:18 PM, Track Guy said:

The Bears (possibly without Cutler), Texans (definitely without Watt), and Titans? Which one of those teams is really that hard to imagine us beating? 

I don't think it's winning 1 of those three that he's taking issue with.  It's winning all three.  After losing to Detroit and the Jags, I wouldn't be making any bets that we'd win all three.

I think both Pagano and Grigson need to go.

It seems like the Colts only play for 1 quarter, 2 at most.  They are never prepared to play a full game on offense or on defense.  This isn't just one or 2 games, this is every stinking game.

Grigson can't fill holes in free agency to save his life.  I would give him that his drafting has improved but this team has too many holes to just keep going like this.

This team needs a vast change in management at the top.  Irsay needs to make this happen.

4 hours ago, OHColtfan said:

Don't think the season is over, but what is over is the expectation I had that this team would be a winner/contender. With Luck back healthy, continuity with the head coach, full offseason with Chud, promised improvement in the pass rush with new DC, etc. really believed that we would return to our contending ways. Maybe not totally SB ready, but close. 

Really apparent that this roster and this coaching staff is just not up to it. We may see some streaky play, put a couple of wins together, but you just don't really see the makings of a team that can really put it together and make some kind of playoff push. What's holding us back is the same stuff that has been holding us back for several years- lack of running game, lack of pass protection, lack of pass rush, lack of playmakers/difference makers (aside from my man TY!)

Only saving grace for a possible winning season is that we play in the pitiful AFC South. 

I don't think this team is anything close to SB ready.  We need to replace approximately half of our defensive starters.  On top of that we need to replace 2 starters on the right of the OL, and get some good RB's.  And I'm not entirely sold on Dwayne Allen as a starting TE either.  

On top of that we need depth.  We lose a couple guys on the OL and that side of the ball just completely self destructs and can't pass protect.  

We lose Henry Anderson and the defense completely self destructs and TJ Yeldon who couldn't run on anyone coming into this contest posts over a hundred yards on us.  Meanwhile also without Henry Anderson we made Theo Riddick a decent 3rd down back at best look like he was freaking Barry Sanders.  

This team is missing a lot.  

On 10/2/2016 at 0:23 PM, bap1331 said:

Lets be honest. The things we need to get fixed for the past 4 years have not even improved for the slightest. It gets worse and worse. The worst part is this team cant play 60 minutes. Patriots wont lose more than 4 games making the broncos and patriots the home field advantage teams. So in the end what are the colts fighting for getting into the dang playoffs if they cant even play a whole quarter without making a single mistake.

How often do we see the pats and broncos make mistakes? Cant keep up with those teams so i would rather save the embarrassment and hope everyone gets cleaned in the house except luck,  davis,  vinny, pat, and maybe ty. Thats all we really kinda have.

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

You called it......

This team is badly distracted by the loss of Harambi....

Who could possibly play well with that hanging over their heads.....?

I know it's long ago, but I remember a Colts team that had a bottom rung defense and very good offense, that was blown out in a late season game or two. Then, inexplicably, things clicked.  Stranger things have happened.  <putting away my "shoe" glasses now>

Pops

On 10/2/2016 at 0:23 PM, bap1331 said:

Lets be honest. The things we need to get fixed for the past 4 years have not even improved for the slightest. It gets worse and worse. The worst part is this team cant play 60 minutes. Patriots wont lose more than 4 games making the broncos and patriots the home field advantage teams. So in the end what are the colts fighting for getting into the dang playoffs if they cant even play a whole quarter without making a single mistake.

How often do we see the pats and broncos make mistakes? Cant keep up with those teams so i would rather save the embarrassment and hope everyone gets cleaned in the house except luck,  davis,  vinny, pat, and maybe ty. Thats all we really kinda have.

Not even looking forward to rebuilding because that will take another couple years...

Right.       And you're so old that you might not live to see it happen!

Dear God,  enjoy the ride....      enjoy the journey......    the time it takes is the time it takes.

You sound like the 8-year old sitting in the back seat.....     "Are we there yet?!?"

I'm not focusing on the negatives, but I'm not going to ignore them either. That's one of the reasons why nothing seems to ever get fixed. "Look what we did good(which has not been much lately) just wait." Instead of build the monster, the new montra for this team should be "Just Wait". Just wait till so and so is healthy. Just wait till the Jags game. Just wait till the o-line plays a few games. Just wait till we get a decent coach. Just wait till this. Just wait till that just wait till monkeys fly out of........ Luck is tired of almost. I'm tired of just wait. I've spent too much time dancing around the campfire singing kumbaya. It's time for some action by this so called management.

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I'm not focusing on the negatives, but I'm not going to ignore them either. That's one of the reasons why nothing seems to ever get fixed. "Look what we did good(which has not been much lately) just wait." Instead of build the monster, the new montra for this team should be "Just Wait". Just wait till so and so is healthy. Just wait till the Jags game. Just wait till the o-line plays a few games. Just wait till we get a decent coach. Just wait till this. Just wait till that. Just wait till monkeys fly out of........ Luck is tired of almost. I'm tired of just wait. I've spent too much time dancing around the campfire singing kumbaya. It's time for some action by this so called management.

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't think it's winning 1 of those three that he's taking issue with.  It's winning all three.  After losing to Detroit and the Jags, I wouldn't be making any bets that we'd win all three.

I agree to an extent. Unless the team plays better over the next three weeks than they have over the last four, I think they will get a win or maybe two but definitely not three. However I just disagreed with the idea that the Colts can't possibly compete with those other teams. I think to win all of those games, we'll need to see a very elevated level of play as compared to what we've seen so far. I think it starts with coaching, and also getting players who were out back in the mix and contributing.

17 hours ago, Track Guy said:

I agree to an extent. Unless the team plays better over the next three weeks than they have over the last four, I think they will get a win or maybe two but definitely not three. However I just disagreed with the idea that the Colts can't possibly compete with those other teams. I think to win all of those games, we'll need to see a very elevated level of play as compared to what we've seen so far. I think it starts with coaching, and also getting players who were out back in the mix and contributing.

With Andrew Luck, we've always got a chance.  We need to win at least 2 of them if we want to stand a chance at making the playoffs.  If we go 1-2 or worse, we're practically out of the playoff picture (we'd literally have to win out, and would probably need help to boot).

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

With Andrew Luck, we've always got a chance.  We need to win at least 2 of them if we want to stand a chance at making the playoffs.  If we go 1-2 or worse, we're practically out of the playoff picture (we'd literally have to win out, and would probably need help to boot).

We need to win the next 3 games, Bears, at Texans, at Titans. We need to treat each 3 as a Playoff elimination game and all 3 are winnable. If we get to 4-3 we have a shot at doing things.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to win the next 3 games, Bears, at Texans, at Titans. We need to treat each 3 as a Playoff elimination game and all 3 are winnable. If we get to 4-3 we have a shot at doing things.

Yeah winning 3 would be the hope, but at this point, I have no expectations.  Being 1-3 I was curious how far we were off from the odds dictating that making the playoffs were almost impossible.  I found this from a reddit page (in case it's too small for you to read, here's a link where the image is bigger https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3nw2nj/probability_of_nfl_teams_to_make_playoffs_by/)

2a9k6F6F4EzTFc2Gmkmm2pevRI_Tr9ij2rsaUWSj7L4.jpg?w=711&s=f5810c62e53833e2f49d28ddfb8165a2

To get north of 50% probability, we basically can only lose 2 more games the rest of the season, probably including 2 wins over Houston and at least one more over each of JAX and TEN to secure the division.  If we don't, we're likely needing someone to win or lose to help us back into the playoffs.  I'm just not confident enough in this team for that.  I wish I could say I was.

9 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Yeah winning 3 would be the hope, but at this point, I have no expectations.  Being 1-3 I was curious how far we were off from the odds dictating that making the playoffs were almost impossible.  I found this from a reddit page (in case it's too small for you to read, here's a link where the image is bigger https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3nw2nj/probability_of_nfl_teams_to_make_playoffs_by/)

2a9k6F6F4EzTFc2Gmkmm2pevRI_Tr9ij2rsaUWSj7L4.jpg?w=711&s=f5810c62e53833e2f49d28ddfb8165a2

To get north of 50% probability, we basically can only lose 2 more games the rest of the season, probably including 2 wins over Houston and at least one more over each of JAX and TEN to secure the division.  If we don't, we're likely needing someone to win or lose to help us back into the playoffs.  I'm just not confident enough in this team for that.  I wish I could say I was.

Yeah we have to sweep the Texans and Titans and beat the Jags when we play them again. Tall order, or is it? I think sweeping the Texans is but if we can beat them in Houston than it's probable. A 5-1 Division record may ultimately get us to a 9-7 record. I really cant see anyone else in our Division being better than 9-7 at best.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You called it......

This team is badly distracted by the loss of Harambi....

Who could possibly play well with that hanging over their heads.....?

My fantasy teams are named RIP Harambe and I'm 4-0 and 3-1, he's not a distraction, he's why we play

On 10/2/2016 at 3:23 PM, bap1331 said:

This is just absolute nonsense but so is pretty much every post from you.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we have to sweep the Texans and Titans and beat the Jags when we play them again. Tall order, or is it? I think sweeping the Texans is but if we can beat them in Houston than it's probable. A 5-1 Division record may ultimately get us to a 9-7 record. I really cant see anyone else in our Division being better than 9-7 at best.

Yeah, that's probably true - that no one has better htan a 9-7 record.  Houston could, but that would require them to go at least 4-2 in the division, which is possible (they've already beaten the Titans once).  assuming that and their current record gets them to 6-3.  To get to 10, they'd have to have at least 1 win against MIN, DEN, GB, or CIN and beat the rest of the AFC W and NFC N, probably not going to happen.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@OffensivelyPC, so far since I started Posting here we are 9-11 (8-8 last season and now 1-3 this season). Why couldn't it be like ESPN again in 2012, when we Posted there we were 11-5 LOL.

I know right?  Actually, I was pretty mad they switched over to FB.  One of the things that I remember taking so much heat on was RGIII.  Saying he's just a one trick pony and all RGIII fans did was point to the QB rating and wins.  What we had been saying all along finally was proved true and we couldn't even shove it in the faces of the handful of guys we spent all that time arguing with.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I know right?  Actually, I was pretty mad they switched over to FB.  One of the things that I remember taking so much heat on was RGIII.  Saying he's just a one trick pony and all RGIII fans did was point to the QB rating and wins.  What we had been saying all along finally was proved true and we couldn't even shove it in the faces of the handful of guys we spent all that time arguing with.

I know! We didn't even have a chance to shove it back in their faces. Man there were like 5 or 6 RG3 fans that were just extremely rude on every Colts Board we were on. Man there was 1 Poster I used to get into it with and he was a true butt! He hated Luck and loved RG3. I tried telling those clowns RG3 wasn't any good and was injury prone, they wouldn't listen. At least Luck has had 3 seasons where he has been Good to Very Good.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know! We didn't even have a chance to shove it back in their faces. Man there were like 5 or 6 RG3 fans that were just extremely rude on every Colts Board we were on. Man there was 1 Poster I used to get into it with and he was a true butt! He hated Luck and loved RG3. I tried telling those clowns RG3 wasn't any good and was injury prone, they wouldn't listen. At least Luck has had 3 seasons where he has been Good to Very Good.

I remember the RG3 hype was nutz . IMO he never deserved the ROY on the Redskins IMO Alfred Morris was the main reason for there success . I remember telling the RG3 faithful he would be lucky to live out his rookie contract . The Colts thankfully dodged a bullet . Just like years earlier whether it was Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf or Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams we Colts fans were extremely lucky .

Edited by ÅÐØNϧ 1
typo

4 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I remember the RG3 hype was nutz . IMO he never deserved the ROY on the Redskins IMO Alfred Morris was the main reason for there success . I remember telling the RG3 faithful he would be lucky to live out his rookie contract . The Colts thankfully dodged a bullet . Just like years earlier whether it was Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf or Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams we Colts fans we extremely lucky .

How about week 1 of the 2012 season? Remember that charade? When we got handled by the Bears and RGknee went on a go ahead last minute touchdown to beat the Saints?

God that Monday afterwards was horrible. People talking trash about how we picked the "wrong guy"... People walking around college campuses with big grins on their faces whilst wearing Redskins jerseys... 

Boy did that bandwagon crash and burn: faster than a character dying of disease in Oregon Trail... 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How about week 1 of the 2012 season? Remember that charade? When we got handled by the Bears and RGknee went on a go ahead last minute touchdown to beat the Saints?

God that Monday afterwards was horrible. People talking trash about how we picked the "wrong guy"... People walking around college campuses with big grins on their faces whilst wearing Redskins jerseys... 

Boy did that bandwagon crash and burn: faster than a character dying of disease in Oregon Trail... 

I was getting hammered by RG3 lovers on the ESPN Boards that Monday haha 

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

RG3 has plummeted to earth with a silent thud with those who had there mancrush on him long gone & silent as church mice .

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was getting hammered by RG3 lovers on the ESPN Boards that Monday haha 

I spent many years at CBS defending 18 & going back & forth with those chanting the suck for Luck nonsense most swore up & down our Colts were losing on purpose no actually they just sucked .