Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cromartie needs to be cut asap

ColtsUrUs

3 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Enough. This is his first bad game in our uniform. You guys that want him gone are just bootyblasted that he kneels during the anthem. 

Wrong.  I can only speak for myself of course, but I am much more aggravated with the senseless penalties than his pregame decision.  

43 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Wrong.  I can only speak for myself of course, but I am much more aggravated with the senseless penalties than his pregame decision.  

I'm aggravated as well. I know you read what I wrote so you know I said tjose who want him gone. 1 game doesn't mean we should cut him. I believe you agree 

Mod Note

I've removed a number of posts that had started to take this topic off on a tangent not related to the OP and also probably starting to skirt the no politics talk rule .

Can we please stick to discussing the issue at hand, that is Cromatie opening a dry cleaners judging by the amount of laundry thrown at him today.

2 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

You might want to be careful saying that. I slammed Melvin when the Colts signed him, and got absolutely destroyed by the Sofa Scouts on this board.

Ok ... but somebody wearing # 30 whiffed on a tackle that went for an extra 43 yards and a score. 

7 hours ago, ColtsUrUs said:

His penalties and his non ability to cover anything on the field hurt us the whole game minus the 4th qtr. until coaching finally wants to take him out. wth is up with coaching letting him play that long.

He is suppose to be our 4th string corner so don't be mad at him,  it's the coaches who refuse to have vonte shadow a wr.  Like they have to be smarter you don't put guys in a position to fail.  And last point deion sanders couldn't cover my grandfather with this pass rush 

3 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

The fact we are blaming a guy picked up off his couch two weeks before the season tells us pretty much everything we need to know. Some just refuse to listen. 

You could be the best corner in the world can't cover for ever with this pass rush. Did we even touch blake 

So far, he didn't play in preseason, got injured several times, hasn't tackled well, hasn't covered well, hasn't made any meaningful plays that I can remember, is our most penalized defensive back ( http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/indianapolis-colts?year=2016&view=players ) ... is there any other category that he needs to "excel" in order to get cut?  We have rookies and UDFA all over the team, when Butler and Robinson are at full health, cut the fool and give another younger guy a shot-- can't be much worse, maybe some young guy will actually put in the effort

54 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'll admit that Cromartie is a shell of his former self, but the lack of pass rush on this team is the real problem. The opposing receivers have literally all day to throw the ball.

I agree, grigs failure to fix the pass rush is a big problem

Overhaul the secondary , make sure it's not Grigs picking players and drafting them. Oh wait he'll probably won't be in the Colts organization anyway.  NOTE: Majority of the post here want change Mr Irsay, hope your reading them and I'm confident you'll make the right decision so this team can be a winner for years to come.

Overhaul the secondary , make sure it's not Grigs picking players and drafting them. Oh wait he'll probably won't be in the Colts organization anyway.  NOTE: Majority of the post here want change Mr Irsay, hope your reading them and I'm confident you'll make the right decision so this team can be a winner for years to come.

11 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

agreed

On 10/2/2016 at 0:50 PM, ColtsUrUs said:

His penalties and his non ability to cover anything on the field hurt us the whole game minus the 4th qtr. until coaching finally wants to take him out. wth is up with coaching letting him play that long.

For all that is being written on here this is about the only things that makes sense.

21 hours ago, Gramz said:

Agreed. I don't care what he does during the anthem.  The senseless penalties are unexcuseable.  I am not ready to say he needs to be cut but I would be alright if Robinson was the number two going forward.

15 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'll admit that Cromartie is a shell of his former self, but the lack of pass rush on this team is the real problem. The opposing receivers have literally all day to throw the ball.

Agreed.  I would hope that's the first round pick in the draft this off-season.

On 10/2/2016 at 2:22 PM, Colt Overseas said:

Cromartie was bad, but it was ridiculous by the coaches to leave him 1v1 on Robinson for most of the game. Vontae should have taken him for the full game, end of story. But not surprising as we dont have astute coaches.

The Colts may not have astute coaches but it's a mistake to put your best CB on the other teams best wideout exclusively.

The best strategy is to use your 2nd best CB on the best receiver and then uses zones from your Lbers and safety on that side to bracket the WR.

Cromartie is not a top tier corner anymore but there were a few plays where the safety was late coming over (I noticed Adams late once and Geathers late twice).  I have not gone back to review to see if they were supposed to come over, just from the TV feed it looked like they were late.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:17 PM, deedub75 said:

I can't believe people are piling on Cromartie.  Blame the powers that be on the fact that we even had to sign him.  

It's the "powers that be"s fault that our top 3 or 4 CBs all got hurt around the same time?