Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Harrison Ranked #1 in 2000's.

Lawrence Owen

8 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

One of my favorites. I'm sad that I attended chargers vs Colts in 2008. I paid top dollar for a Harrison away jersey, and a Charger fan threw chili sauce all over it. I had to throw it away.

That shows the class of some fans :Cry: . I still would have kept it as a momento though.

If you take out his final season, which wasn't really much of a season, I believe he would have retired #1 all time in receiving yards per game.

Marvin had DBs terrified before he even made it to the line of scrimmage.  When the Colts were in the huddle, the DB covering Marvin was already terrified.  He ran exceptional routes, his hands were great, and he had insane rapport with Peyton.  One of the best WRs of all time and you could even make a case for him being top 2 or 3

The mouthy player just turns my stomach, the "me" player needs to be slapped down

If you look in dictionary under Hard working superstar WR then there is number 88 staring back at you!

Wayne learned under the best and he followed Marvin's lead, We are very blessed to have those two for nearly 20 years

Marvin is my favorite football player of all time. Definitely a top 5 receiver in NFL history and so satisfying to watch. 

He was so professional on the field that he made cocky defensive backs look like complete dopes.  He was so clutch that you just knew that he and Peyton were going to make plays when it counted. 

2 hours ago, jseg18 said:

One of my favorites. I'm sad that I attended chargers vs Colts in 2008. I paid top dollar for a Harrison away jersey, and a Charger fan threw chili sauce all over it. I had to throw it away.

I had an awful experience at that game too, in fact every time I've gone to Qualcom the charger fans I've met have made me feel sorry for humanity...

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

The mouthy player just turns my stomach, the "me" player needs to be slapped down

If you look in dictionary under Hard working superstar WR then there is number 88 staring back at you!

Wayne learned under the best and he followed Marvin's lead, We are very blessed to have those two for nearly 20 years

I completely agree about Marvin and Reggie. I get annoyed with mouthy WRs. 

I will say that I enjoy it when defensive players have an attitude. It seems to work in teams' favors, but WRs are much more intimidating when they just hand the ball to the refs and line back up. Maybe RBs work well with that nasty streak.

I really hate to see WRs jawing during a two minute situation, though. That's a pet peeve of mine. 

29 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Marvin is my favorite football player of all time. Definitely a top 5 receiver in NFL history and so satisfying to watch. 

He was so professional on the field that he made cocky defensive backs look like complete dopes.  He was so clutch that you just knew that he and Peyton were going to make plays when it counted. 

Yeah I'll never forget the playoff game against Denver. He caught a pass and fell down and no one touched him and he got up and ran it in for TD. 

2 hours ago, jseg18 said:

If it wasn't an accident I more than likely would have been in jail. It would have been pretty hard not to snap.

32 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

I had an awful experience at that game too, in fact every time I've gone to Qualcom the charger fans I've met have made me feel sorry for humanity...

Really? Never been to Qualcom for a Colts game. Would love to go when they do come back here. What should I expect aside from Chili?

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Everytime I hear his name, the self tip TD catch vs the Patriots comes to mind 

The game I remember the most was the Colts-Bucs game when Keyshawn Johnson was running his mouth all game about how much better he was that Marvin. Marvin ended up with 176 receiving yards with 2 TDs. Bucs were super bowl champs, Dungy's first game back in Tampa and Colts score 28 points in the 4th quarter. Yes, it was epic.

Really? Never been to Qualcom for a Colts game. Would love to go when they do come back here. What should I expect aside from Chili?

Drunk, annoying fans. Win, or lose you'll be approached at the end of the game.

5 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I'll never forget a TD he scored on Neon Deion Sanders. Marvin spun him right out of his jockstrap, blew by him, and all Deion could do was stand there and watch. 

Anytime" Prime Time" gets schooled it's a wonderful thing HTC. 

40 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

Drunk, annoying fans. Win, or lose you'll be approached at the end of the game.

Sounds like my experience going to a game in Philly. I very well understood why it was the only stadium with a jail. A cop had to help us get to our cab.

I also attended a game in Cincy and the only thing that was annoying was the 'Who Dey' being screamed at us the whole first half but by the end of the game they wasn't yelling that so much.

The only other away game I went to was at Pittsburgh and I had a great time. I sat with a bunch of steel workers I knew a little from my job and was treated like just one of them.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sounds like my experience going to a game in Philly. I very well understood why it was the only stadium with a jail. A cop had to help us get to our cab.

I also attended a game in Cincy and the only thing that was annoying was the 'Who Dey' being screamed at us the whole first half but by the end of the game they wasn't yelling that so much.

The only other away game I went to was at Pittsburgh and I had a great time. I sat with a bunch of steel workers I knew a little from my job and was treated like just one of them.

I have only attended 1 Road Colts game in my life, that was in Chicago (2004). We smoked them bigtime so their fans were too deflated to even be mad. I went to that game with 2 former Ben Davis O.LIneman, both weigh around 300 pounds so I doubt anyone was messing with me that day haha. As I have mentioned I have been to at least over 30 home games over the years, maybe 40 or so but I wont go to any road games because of how opposing fans can get. Of course unless I bring my 2 Lineman with me.

6 hours ago, SanDiegoColt8 said:

Basically what others have said, super drunk aggressive fans... 

In sure you can experience that at any stadium, but I've experienced it now at 3 different games in San Diego & all around the stadium too, not just in the stands, but in the tram to the game, & everywhere around the stadium... 

Like I said imvsure it goes on at every NFL stadium if you bump into intoxicated ingrates, but I just never witnessed any super negative treatment of fans from other teams in the Dome, or now at LOS, some good old fashion team rivalry is to be expected, but full on aggression is ridiculous...

2 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Basically what others have said, super drunk aggressive fans... 

In sure you can experience that at any stadium, but I've experienced it now at 3 different games in San Diego & all around the stadium too, not just in the stands, but in the tram to the game, & everywhere around the stadium... 

Like I said imvsure it goes on at every NFL stadium if you bump into intoxicated ingrates, but I just never witnessed any super negative treatment of fans from other teams in the Dome, or now at LOS, some good old fashion team rivalry is to be expected, but full on aggression is ridiculous...

Every colts game I've been to there may be a little heckling of the rival team but it was all in the game I've never witnessed any real aggression..

39 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could see where that chant could become irritating after awhile In Bengal Country CC1. Luckily for Cincy fans, they won't strain their voices sucking on cough drops due to a playoff win. Right Marvin Lewis? haha

Harsh, but truthful. 

10 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The reason?  He averages more yards, TD's, and catches per game,..than Jerry Rice.   He was just consistantly reliable.

And not to mention Rice played in 300 games to Marvelous's 190. Imagine what Harrison could have done with the 110 game difference! This is why he should have been 1st ballot!!

1 hour ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

That catch he made against Tennessee in 2003. My lord! :thmup:

Was that the " 'superman' one-handed dive catch, turning over in mid-air to craddle the ball before he landed so there was no doubt it was a catch" catch?...if so, that was my favorite.   

I've always believed in what the Bible says: " Let another man praise you and not your own lips". The classiest thing for me was when he would simply hand the ball to the ref. The "me" receivers seem to forget there are 10 other guys on the offense doing their jobs. 

24 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I've always believed in what the Bible says: " Let another man praise you and not your own lips". The classiest thing for me was when he would simply hand the ball to the ref. The "me" receivers seem to forget there are 10 other guys on the offense doing their jobs. 

The only time I seen Marvin get real animated after a TD he got a yellow flag thrown at him.