Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many comments this past Monday on the friction between Grigson nd Pagano and it's negative effect on the team locker room by media persons. If it is as bad as they all seem to believe then the whole mess lands on the owner. It is his job to take care of what he owns. His last name is not a popular one so he should do what is necessary to ease the situation. Instead he throws out three extensions to both. I would vote for Pagano to stay nd Grigson to go.

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Many, many comments this past Monday on the friction between Grigson nd Pagano and it's negative effect on the team locker room by media persons. If it is as bad as they all seem to believe then the whole mess lands on the owner. It is his job to take care of what he owns. His last name is not a popular one so he should do what is necessary to ease the situation. Instead he throws out three extensions to both. I would vote for Pagano to stay nd Grigson to go.

Are you saying there is a current rift?  Or is this from last season?

27 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

It's not a very popular opinion but I really really really wish we kept Arians.

I don't think we really had a choice.  It wasn't like Pagano's contract was over.  Pagano was the head coach and Arians was the OC.  It wasn't a realistic option to fire Pagano and give Arians the head coaching position

On 9/18/2016 at 5:46 PM, richard pallo said:

Great effort by coach Pagano and his staff.  On the road against the best defense in the league and score 20 points, 24 if Butler doesn't pull up lame.  Take the early lead.  Keep the game close with a chance to win it at the end.  All of that with a defense held together with rubber bands and bandaids.  Two offensive starters injured during the game, including a key receiver,  not to mention additional players lost on defense.  Throw in a couple of terrible calls by the officials and we still had a chance at the end.  Remarkable effort!  Remarkable job. When our players get healthy we are going on a great ride. 

It was remarkable considering everything you suggested but I will say that getting an entire roster healthy is rare in the NFL.  For the Colts, injuries are a way of life so I don't see our roster being at 70% ever under Pagano, let alone 100%.  Good teams know how to win with a "next man up" mentality.  True our defense is on 3rd and 4th string which is exceptionally bad but, under any other coach's watch, Moncrief's injury wouldn't be a huge concern but under Pagano?  I know most people don't see the correlation between injuries and a coach but there is actually a big one.  We can talk about that as well.

On 9/19/2016 at 0:43 AM, Smoke317 said:

I love Peyton but to be fair to Dungy, how many draft picks did we devote to building up our defense?  And the ones we did draft that were great we let walk rather than pay them.  I hope we don't continue to make the same mistakes with Luck. Our offense is fine. Ok maybe we could use a stud LT or RT but no more weapons for that side of the ball. Our main focus for the rest of Luck's career should be giving him a dominant defense and strong running game. At least they did give Peyton the latter. 

I agree with ya defense defense defense .

16 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think we really had a choice.  It wasn't like Pagano's contract was over.  Pagano was the head coach and Arians was the OC.  It wasn't a realistic option to fire Pagano and give Arians the head coaching position

+ what organization in the NFL would fire a guy who just came off a bout with cancer? 

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Yes, the comments were made after week 2.

oh, crap, here we go again.  i was hoping they could just get along. one thing is for sure, pagano is going to get a good pay-out out of this whole thing when he is released before his contract is up.  i look for another close call down the stretch but not making the playoffs but just by the hair on our chinny-chin-chin.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

oh, crap, here we go again.  i was hoping they could just get along. one thing is for sure, pagano is going to get a good pay-out out of this whole thing when he is released before his contract is up.  i look for another close call down the stretch but not making the playoffs but just by the hair on our chinny-chin-chin.

I wouldn't worry about it.  It was more the of the same lazy media that brings up the same stuff over and over again without any solid proof...just speculation.  

I had to laugh watching Tony and Mike on PTI.  They started with Pags/Grigson fued last year, then said if it was still going on....blah, blah, blah, then went on to blame Irsay.  Just more blind speculation by a lazy media that knows to keep talking about the same internent hash then doing some actually investigating or reporting.

8 minutes ago, cbear said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  It was more the of the same lazy media that brings up the same stuff over and over again without any solid proof...just speculation.  

I had to laugh watching Tony and Mike on PTI.  They started with Pags/Grigson fued last year, then said if it was still going on....blah, blah, blah, then went on to blame Irsay.  Just more blind speculation by a lazy media that knows to keep talking about the same internent hash then doing some actually investigating or reporting.

ok, this makes me feel like it's more media mini-storm (perhaps local) than it is anything else.  thanks for the information.  I will take these Pagano / Grigson dust-ups with a grain of salt going forward.  There are so many media types that hate Irsay that manufacturing this type of garbage is getting to be comical.  The number of home losses that is starting to build will drive fans and media to new heights, much less getting smacked by Jacksonville.  Its our turn to smack someone... look for San Diego to go down in flames at LOS like geese in a Jet engine... should be a total flame-out and victory for the Colts by 20.

12 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

ok, this makes me feel like it's more media mini-storm (perhaps local) than it is anything else.  thanks for the information.  I will take these Pagano / Grigson dust-ups with a grain of salt going forward.  There are so many media types that hate Irsay that manufacturing this type of garbage is getting to be comical.  The number of home losses that is starting to build will drive fans and media to new heights, much less getting smacked by Jacksonville.  Its our turn to smack someone... look for San Diego to go down in flames at LOS like geese in a Jet engine... should be a total flame-out and victory for the Colts by 20.

"Colts by 20"? If they can do that to a team Pagano calls "a huge challenge" they should be undefeated to date. I know only what I hear about SD and none of it is flattering and they like the Colts have injury problems. They need to win Sunday and pull for NE tonight. That's what I said, "pull for NE tonight"!!:rock:

On 9/18/2016 at 7:47 PM, RockThatBlue said:

First off. No, I'm not ready to fire Pagano. That's not happening any time soon.

First problem. Granted its two games in, we still are having slow starts. That appears to not have gotten better.

Second problem. The team is too flipping undisciplined! We have penalties at the absolute worst times game after game. We shoot ourselves in the foot way too often. 

These are not new problems. These have been there since Pagano was hired.

Thoughts?

I don't have a complaint I'm done with that. I just want him fired immediately. All his stupid decisions. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:22 PM, cbear said:

If you think about it most of this started when the Colts reported an under inflated football. I said at the time that the media has blamed the Colts for the whole deflate thing and Brady's suspension. It has not stopped and it will continue. I watch and listen to very little media not because of this but because the media have become jokes. They are no better than any rag mag like the National Inquirer. It's all face time with their argumentative style and their never ending attempt at who can come up with the next catch phrase.

5 hours ago, scottjg24 said:

Don't get me wrong..  I had always like Chuck Pagano and I am glad that he overcame & defeated his leukemia; however, he needs to be replaced.  Sorry Chuck Pagano fans.  I wished that Tony Dungy was still coach.  We need a carbon copy/clone of Tony Dungy.

The Colts didn't have a choice in replacing Dungy. He retired after being offered an extension on his contract.

I was so upset at the fact we resigned Pagano that I wasn't even gonna come to the forum this year. I'm just exhausted with this stuff man. Doug Pedersen was sitting right in front of Irsay face. I don't even think Irsay cares anymore. It shows. He used to have high energy for this team. Maybe it's this coaching that wore him down like it's done me. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold this team soon. 

16 minutes ago, TrueColt! said:

I was so upset at the fact we resigned Pagano that I wasn't even gonna come to the forum this year. I'm just exhausted with this stuff man. Doug Pedersen was sitting right in front of Irsay face. I don't even think Irsay cares anymore. It shows. He used to have high energy for this team. Maybe it's this coaching that wore him down like it's done me. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold this team soon. 

He's not going to sell the Colts ... his daughters have spent way too much time and effort getting ready to take over for him to do that.  If anything he would just step away early and let them take over, and I don't even see that happening for a few years. 

8 minutes ago, esmort said:

He's not going to sell the Colts ... his daughters have spent way too much time and effort getting ready to take over for him to do that.  If anything he would just step away early and let them take over, and I don't even see that happening for a few years. 

As much as I respect Jim Irsay, I do think he needs to step away from the football operations side of things.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why?

I wrote this in the game day thread.

I don't like how everything Colts is Luck.  It needs to be about the team.  Irsay is always talking about how Luck will lead us to wins and Luck will do this and that for the team.  The Colts' Facebook page is always showing photos and videos of Luck, saying Luck will lead us to a victory and Luck is ready for the game and all this.  It needs to be less about Luck and more about the team.  If I were another player on the team, I'd feel slighted.  The team will lead us to a victory, not one player.  Luck is useless without receivers and running backs and the OL, even if you think his surrounding talent is subparSo you have a culture that is hyper-focused on the QB, and that's a direct result of Irsay hyper-focusing on him.  It's a team game.  I understand you have an exceptionally talented QB, but it's a team game.

He also gave Grigson and Pagano extensions.  I understand giving Pagano an extension because there were reports that Pagano wasn't allowed to coach the way he wanted to because Grigson was meddling.  However, Grigson had one year left on his contract.  Why give him an extension?  Why not let him work out the final year of his contract and evaluate him after that based on everything he's done?

Irsay is a classy guy and I really appreciate all the charity work he/the Colts do.  I think his heart is in the right place and he's done a lot for Indy.  However, for the betterment of the franchise, I think it may be better for him to step aside from the football operations side of things.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I wrote this in the game day thread.

I don't like how everything Colts is Luck.  It needs to be about the team.  Irsay is always talking about how Luck will lead us to wins and Luck will do this and that for the team.  The Colts' Facebook page is always showing photos and videos of Luck, saying Luck will lead us to a victory and Luck is ready for the game and all this.  It needs to be less about Luck and more about the team.  If I were another player on the team, I'd feel slighted.  The team will lead us to a victory, not one player.  Luck is useless without receivers and running backs and the OL, even if you think his surrounding talent is subparSo you have a culture that is hyper-focused on the QB, and that's a direct result of Irsay hyper-focusing on him.  It's a team game.  I understand you have an exceptionally talented QB, but it's a team game.

He also gave Grigson and Pagano extensions.  I understand giving Pagano an extension because there were reports that Pagano wasn't allowed to coach the way he wanted to because Grigson was meddling.  However, Grigson had one year left on his contract.  Why give him an extension?  Why not let him work out the final year of his contract and evaluate him after that based on everything he's done?

Irsay is a classy guy and I really appreciate all the charity work he/the Colts do.  I think his heart is in the right place and he's done a lot for Indy.  However, for the betterment of the franchise, I think it may be better for him to step aside from the football operations side of things.

Today's win was a team win. No win is on one person. I don't care how good the QB is he wins and loses games as a team. No matter if you like Jim or not he is the owner and he always does what he thinks is best for his team. You may not agree with it but he is the owner and calling for him to step back is unrealistic. He is not that old and he is the one who choses his time when he retires. What me, you or anyone else thinks makes no difference. The betterment of the team? There would be no team if it wasn't for Irsay.

1 hour ago, TrueColt! said:

Don't hold your breath. On second thought.............

1 hour ago, TrueColt! said:

?