Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Colts Forum 2016 Mock Draft - Voting for Rule Changes

As promised before, below is a list of the proposed rule changes.  You may vote for only one option in each Rule Proposal; that is, one vote for one of the five options under "Period of Time to Make Selections" rule change and one vote for one of the three available options under "Selections for Absentee GM."  The proposals receiving the most votes by GMs under each of the sections will be the rule going forward.  Voting starts now and will close at 12:00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time on April 15, 2016.

Rule Proposals

Period of Time to Make Selections

1) Window of time to make draft selections shall be 12 hours for selections in the 1st round, 6 hours for selections in the 2nd round and 4 hours for selections in rounds 3 and 4.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

2) For rounds 2 through 4, the window of time to make selections shall be 6 hours.  No changes to the 12 hour period for 1st round picks.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

3) For rounds 2 through 4, the window of time to make selections shall be 4 hours.  No changes to the 12 hour period for 1st round picks.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

4) For rounds 2 through 4, the window of time to make selections shall be 6 hours.  In an effort to continue the pace of the draft and not utilize the maximum amount of time per each pick, a GM who has sent trade offers to other GMs will conduct themselves under an honor policy such that any trade offer sent and not responded to within one hour shall be deemed rejected (and no second offer may be sent to that same GM to start another one hour period); this honor system shall not apply to GMs who are actively negotiating an offer.  If all offers have been rejected or deemed rejected under these rules, the GM on the clock will then make a selection in the best interest of progressing the draft.   No changes to the 12 hour period for 1st round picks.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

5) No changes to the Rules.

6) For rounds 2 through 4, the window of time to make selections shall be 6 hours; provided however, for any GM who has not been active on the threads for the 12 preceding hours before that GM is on the clock, then such GM has 4 hours to make a selection.  In this latter scenario, the 4 hour window will cease and the GM get the full 6 hours to make a selection if the GM logs on before the 4 hour period expires and indicates that a selection will forthcoming.  At the end of the 4 or 6 hour period, such as the case may be, and no selection has been made, the GM will be deemed to have selected the highest rated player available on the big board posted in the main draft thread, or if such player has sent a list of prospects and instructions for who to select as described below, then such player on the GMs list.  The daily tolling period from 12am to 8am remains unchanged.  The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion.  A GM who makes such a request shall give advanced notice should be given as soon as reasonably practical.

Selections for Absentee GM

A) If the time to make a selection expires, the GM will be deemed to have selected the highest rated player in the big board used in the main draft forum, without regard to position.

B)  If the time to make a selection expires, the GM will be deemed to have selected the highest rated player in the big board used in the main draft forum.  Selecting the highest rated player should be assumed reasonable and require strong evidence to the contrary that the selection is not warranted.  The Draft Moderator (with the input of other GMs) will take into account the round of the selection and depth requirements of the team and if the circumstances require it, may select the next highest rated player that because either (i) the highest rated player is at the same position of a player already drafted, so the next highest rated player at a different position is the more reasonable selection , or (ii) such team is already reasonably set at the QB position selecting another QB would not be a justified use of the selection as a potential starter or backup quarterback.   

C)  If the time to make a selection expires, the GM will be deemed to have selected the highest rated player on the big board used in the main draft forum.  However, if a GM may elect to send a big board of players he thinks may be available at his pick and send that list, with the player of the highest priority at the top of the list, and each player below in descending order of priority.  When the GM's turn comes and he is absent, he will take the highest player on the list as soon as that GM is on the clock.  It is the GM's responsibility to find a volunteer to make the pick for the absentee GM.   If the time expires and no player remains on the GM's list, then you will automatically draft the highest rated player on the big board in the Draft Selections Thread at the start of your turn.  

Period of Time to Make Selections

Selections for Absentee GM

B

Since we practically have only 1 or 2 managers who require 12 hour period(just in case), can we just set the timer for their picks to 12 hours under the " The Draft Moderator may grant extensions of time to any GM at his discretion " policy...

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think it's a pretty clear victory for Rules 4 and B.  So these will be the rules going forward.  I'll post over in the draft thread and mods can lock this thread down if they want.

What do you think of my statement? 

47 minutes ago, twfish said:

What do you think of my statement? 

I think that's fine with me.  Perhaps you could start it?  21isSuperman is running hte show for that, so you should talk with him about it and he can include it when he lays out all the rules for everything in the new draft thread.

4 hours ago, twfish said:

I think on this upcoming mock we need a separate thread for discussion. Leave one thread for picks only and another thread to talk about it that way we don't have 9 pages and only 26 picks....

Great idea, in theory. I don't see it working, but I'd certainly honor that kind of rule. 

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

@21isSuperman what do you think? I'll open up the thread

I like the idea and I think it can keep things organized, which I'm all for.  But I don't know how realistic it is.  Let's say the Colts pick Keanu Neal at 18 again.  People will post their reactions right when they see the pick.  They're not gonna look at the pick, then go to a completely different thread to discuss it.

With that said, if you want to give it a shot, I'm all for it

22 hours ago, twfish said:

I think on this upcoming mock we need a separate thread for discussion. Leave one thread for picks only and another thread to talk about it that way we don't have 9 pages and only 26 picks....

I second this big time. 

Mock Draft 2.0 Only Selections Thread

and 

Mock Draft 2.0 Selection Discussion Thread

should be 2 separate threads. Good idea, twfish :thmup:

16 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I like the idea and I think it can keep things organized, which I'm all for.  But I don't know how realistic it is.  Let's say the Colts pick Keanu Neal at 18 again.  People will post their reactions right when they see the pick.  They're not gonna look at the pick, then go to a completely different thread to discuss it.

With that said, if you want to give it a shot, I'm all for it

You can moderate it by deleting those and moving them to the other thread. Place the "SELECTIONS ONLY" in CAPS for the title of the thread. Once folks see it happen a few times, they will get it.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You can moderate it by deleting those and moving them to the other thread. Place the "SELECTIONS ONLY" in CAPS for the title of the thread. Once folks see it happen a few times, they will get it.

I guess we can see how it goes.  If things get too cluttered, we can try moving them to a new thread