Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 Mocks. You decide, this is a good one.

A

1 Andrew Billings NT

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Christian Westerman Guard

4 Rashard Robinson CB

5 Austin Blythe Center

7 Alex McCalister EDGE

B

1 Noah Spence EDGE

2 Cody Whitehair Guard

3 Deion Jones ILB

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Matt Judon EDGE

7 Marquez North WR

C

1 Jack Conklin T (would play RG)

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Austin Johnson NT

4 Max Tuerk Center

5 Victor Ochi EDGE

7 Jordan Lomax Safety

D

1 Leonard Floyd EDGE

2 Vernon Butler DT

3 Christian Westerman Guard

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Joe Schobert ILB

7 Jakeem Grant WR

I think all four of these drafts would be wins. But my pick would be B. I tried to mix it up for the Conklin fans, the Billings fans, and the Floyd/Spence fans. But IMO. Any of these 4 would drastically, DRASTICALLY improve our team and fix the 3 major holes. EDGE rusher, Guard, and Center while each would address another need as well like NT, CB in A, ILB in B, etc. I'd be happy with any one of these, but like I said. For me its B with D being a close 2nd.

C, Johnson in the third would be amazing. Ochi would be nice also in the 5th. Conklin has that grit and can play RG (in this scenario) and give tackle depth.

I like option A also so I really could go both ways. Kind of funny how we like the exact opposite.

9 minutes ago, Indy Fan said:

C, Johnson in the third would be amazing. Ochi would be nice also in the 5th. Conklin has that grit and can play RG (in this scenario) and give tackle depth.

I like option A also so I really could go both ways.

I think Johnson may be available in the 3rd with the DL depth in this class. He's a guy I think would come in and start and play well from day 1. He's compared to Dan Williams. But yeah I agree on Conklin. An offensive line of.....

Castanzo-Mewhort-Tuerk-Conklin-Good would be killer. Then we'd have great depth in Thornton, Reitz, and Holmes. I'm not as big on Tuerk, but I could definitely see us taking him with the new ZBS. Maybe he'd surprise me? I'd rather have Boehm in the 4th, though.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

I think Johnson may be available in the 3rd with the DL depth in this class. He's a guy I think would come in and start and play well from day 1. He's compared to Dan Williams. But yeah I agree on Conklin. An offensive line of.

Castanzo-Mewhort-Tuerk-Conklin-Good would be killer. Then we'd have great depth in Thornton, Reitz, and Holmes. I'm not as big on Tuerk, but I could definitely see us taking him with the new ZBS. Maybe he'd surprise me? I'd rather have Boehm in the 4th, though.

I'd prefer Boehm but I haven't heard any negatives about Tuerk from the scouting reports/shows I listen too. Tuerk would be the only thing I would change in option C. I would switch Tuerk to Boehm, Westerman, or Seumalo. I could also see Lomax switched to Alex Mccallister but it's not the end of the world. A and C are really close to me. I also favor option D over B. 

I agree with the any of them. My favorite is D because I think Vernon Butler will be a star and nothing helps the 3-4 defense like a great nose tackle. BTW, I think it is very possible a good NT will be available in some round because of the depth at the position this year. Austin Johnson in the 3rd round would be a steal.

I like C the best. I like Conklin a lot and feel that improving the running game will do wonders for this team on both sides of the football. Conklin is a good run blocker and a good pass protector, which will help Gore and Luck tremendously. Correa give us some youth on the edge, which is much needed. Austin Johnson in the 3rd round seems good. Max Tuerk in the 4th seems like good value. I'm a fan of that one. 

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

D

1 Leonard Floyd EDGE

2 Vernon Butler DT

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Joe Schobert ILB

7 Jakeem Grant WR

I think all four of these drafts would be wins. But my pick would be B. I tried to mix it up for the Conklin fans, the Billings fans, and the Floyd/Spence fans. But IMO. Any of these 4 would drastically, DRASTICALLY improve our team and fix the 3 major holes. EDGE rusher, Guard, and Center while each would address another need as well like NT, CB in A, ILB in B, etc. I'd be happy with any one of these, but like I said. For me its B with D being a close 2nd.

hahahahahaha

Really?  Seriously?  You would address the horrible problems we have in our oline by drafting a G in the 3rd and a C in the 4th? 

Don't you know?.....around here that's grounds for being called an incompetent GM........

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

hahahahahaha

Really?  Seriously?  You would address the horrible problems we have in our oline by drafting a G in the 3rd and a C in the 4th? 

Don't you know?.....around here that's grounds for being called an incompetent GM........

Man I believe Boehm is going to be a starting Center from week 1 on. He'll fall to the 4th because of certain things, but he's one of my favorite Centers. But drafting Westerman in the 3rd would be a great addition. He can play G or C and would be perfect in our new ZBS. I think both are going to be really good starters. But isn't a high 3rd rounder considered a high round pick? I mean you'd expect your 3rd rounders to come in and be good players wouldn't you?

The only way I would consider any of these is if we sign or acquire a veteran center as protection in case we miss on your choices.  The earliest you take one is the 4th. round.  If we don't sign or trade for a veteran than we need an immediate starter as a plug and play rookie center and that's Kelly by all accounts. 

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The only way I would consider any of these is if we sign or acquire a veteran center as protection in case we miss on your choices.  The earliest you take one is the 4th. round.  If we don't sign or trade for a veteran than we need an immediate starter as a plug and play rookie center and that's Kelly by all accounts. 

That's the beauty of Westerman. Especially in a ZBS. He can play G or C. If Thornton is balling out Westerman is our Center, but there's usually a gem center in the 4th or so. Like I said. I think Boehm is a guy who could come in and start and play well from the get go.

9 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Man I believe Boehm is going to be a starting Center from week 1 on. He'll fall to the 4th because of certain things, but he's one of my favorite Centers. But drafting Westerman in the 3rd would be a great addition. He can play G or C and would be perfect in our new ZBS. I think both are going to be really good starters. But isn't a high 3rd rounder considered a high round pick? I mean you'd expect your 3rd rounders to come in and be good players wouldn't you?

Grigson has been called out for failing to address the Oline even after drafting Thornton in the 3rd and Holmes in the 4th, both of whom were rated as good picks at the time.  Who's to say that your 3rd and 4th rounders will fare any better.  I was poking fun at the comments that suggest the oline has to be stacked with 1st and 2nd rounders in order for the GM to "properly" address it.

Its nice to see someone put up a well reasoned draft, and draft Gs in Cs in the mid rounds where they should be.

I actually like them all. They all do a good job of addressing needs with quality players. I think I prefer C though A is close. I really like Billings. He might be my favorite player in the draft. But I'm not a fan of Robinson in the 4th in A and scenario C makes better use of it's draft picks I think. But it's close. Any of these would leave me a happy camper after the draft. 

I'd be cool with this:

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Austin Johnson NT/DE

4 Isaac Seumalo Center

5 Matt Judon EDGE

7 Jakeem Grant WR/RB(will probably be drafted higher, but there is a chance he could be there due to height)

34 minutes ago, twfish said:

D please only because of the later players. I'm honestly not big on any of those first rounders. I still think picking up a lock down corner would be best

After the Robinson signing, I was off of the idea of drafting a CB very high.  But after a few days of thinking about it, I would select a CB if he was the BPA and push PRob to the slot.  A future #1 CB is needed, IMO, especially with Vontae entering the stage of his career where he might get nicked up more.  And an other great CB could help the defense get a few coverage sacks.

I know nothing about youngsters Smith and Mitchel.  If Pagano has confidence in them, then I can see us staying away from CBs this draft.

53 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'd be cool with this:

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Austin Johnson NT/DE

4 Isaac Seumalo Center

5 Matt Judon EDGE

7 Jakeem Grant WR/RB(will probably be drafted higher, but there is a chance he could be there due to height)

LOL I knew somebody would do that.

17 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

A

1 Andrew Billings NT

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Christian Westerman Guard

4 Rashard Robinson CB

5 Austin Blythe Center

7 Alex McCalister EDGE

B

1 Noah Spence EDGE

2 Cody Whitehair Guard

3 Deion Jones ILB

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Matt Judon EDGE

7 Marquez North WR

C

2 Kamalei Correa EDGE

3 Austin Johnson NT

4 Max Tuerk Center

5 Victor Ochi EDGE

7 Jordan Lomax Safety

D

1 Leonard Floyd EDGE

2 Vernon Butler DT

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Joe Schobert ILB

7 Jakeem Grant WR

I think the only realistic one in terms of who will be available when we pick is......    "B".    

I don't think Correa will be available at pick 48.

I don't think Westerman will be available at pick 82

I don't think Johnson will be available at pick 82

I don't think Butler will be available at pick 48.

But, in your plan B,  I think all the players will be available when the Colts select.....

Would anyone be apposed to us trading down and picking up an extra 2rd? I have a mock for it.

Round 1. OLB - Noah Spence

Round 2. C - Nick Martin

Round 2. S - Karl Joseph

Round 3. G - Christian Westerman

Round 4. DT - Sheldon Day

Round 5. CB - Cyrus Jones 

Round 7. ILB - Antonio Morrison

8 hours ago, SCst said:

Would anyone be apposed to us trading down and picking up an extra 2rd? I have a mock for it.

Round 1. OLB - Noah Spence

Round 2. C - Nick Martin

Round 2. S - Karl Joseph

Round 3. G - Christian Westerman

Round 4. DT - Sheldon Day

Round 5. CB - Cyrus Jones 

Round 7. ILB - Antonio Morrison

That...........That would be one of the greatest things that's ever happened. Like ever. And yes I'd love to trade down to the end of the first. We'd still most likely be able to get one of Spence, Floyd, or Billings in the 20s