Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This is a major announcement but in a way I can see how it's not to some to me I just expected this to happen cause IMO Peyton is the greatest NFL player of all time so it just seems logical to build him a statue and retire his number

I read ya CF12. I disagree slightly because Joe Montana never lost a SB he played in, but Peyton's just under Joe in my book. Yeah I know Terry Bradshaw has multiple rings too, but he had the Steel Curtain defense at his disposal. Something Manning never really had until 2015. 

Nobody anticipates throws better than 18 did though. Never seen anyone else do this as seamlessly as Manning did from 2004-2009. Just incredible. 

24 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

That press conference was the most enjoyable 40 minutes i have watched in a long time

Whoa...I was preoccupied watching a relative of mine play high school championship boys basketball today & I haven't had a chance to watch Manning work his orator magic yet...Be right back...

I was working today, so I just now watched the Press Conference and Q&A session. Thank you @Susie Q for emailing the links to me.   

Peyton is such a good public speaker,  just a natural.   And it was really good to see him relaxed and smiling and genuinely happy to be back at the Colts Complex.  

I was glad to hear his number had been retired, and that a statue is in the works. :hat: 

Just finished watching Peyton's welcome home back in Hoosier Country...I liked it. I loved Irsay's  Jim Morrison's grave reference. I knew what he meant, but his accidental blunder was funny. Make sure Manning's statue is in a nice spot away from any bird dung please. That's how I respect my icons. I put their still life molds in a good spot protected from the hot sun, graffiti, & animal deposits. 

Peyton's beta tape line was so awesome. I remember VHS & Beta machines quite well as a kid when you couldn't stream stuff instantly & before Wifi man. The younger generation is so spoiled now with immediate, entertainment gratification man, but I digress....

Peyton sure has a photographic memory for plays & game situations. Wow. I'm always envious of people who can just retrieve stuff from their brain like a digital card catalog from their mental rolodex. It's a gift. 

I view this speech as 2 old friends just shooting the breeze, sipping some ice cold lemonade, & reminiscing about the good old days before football reigned supreme in INDY. Like 2 college roommates crossing paths after 15 years & smiling about the journey. Cool. 

8 hours ago, JlynRN said:

That was a great speech by Peyton.  His memories of his time spent in Indy with the Colts, you can truly see he loved it here.  

Thanks for the memories Peyton !!!  

You always write such positive upbeat posts J-RN. You need to be praised for that. I'm not looking for a like BTW. I just appreciate your eternal optimism I guess. You're a good reminder for me to take the high road more often. Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Gramz said:

We can't all be a ray of sunshine, but luckily we do have some to balance things out.   

Have a Great Day. :)

sunshine.png

You're post made me laugh. Why? It reminds me of the Southern saying "Bless your heart darling." Translation: It's a politically correct way of inferring that those who are negative nancy's always nit picking Peyton can stick it where the sun don't shine honey. LOL! 

I know you are sincere Gramz. I just love saying with dual meanings. Wink; Wink. You follow me? :P

Great stuff once again by Peyton today. I think everyone could see how appreciative Jim Irsay was for Peyton being a Colt. Peyton has no ill will toward the organization or Irsay, you could tell by the way he spoke and he even stated at his Press Conference he we always be a Colt. That statue looks pretty cool that some have posted. I honestly believe Peyton would've retired a Colt if Denver didn't own his rights. I have no doubt about it. You could tell he really misses his times with that 2006 team/most of the players. Salute to the greatest Indianapolis Colt of all-time and at worse he is a Top 3 QB of all-time, I wont be biased and say the best ever but he has an argument even for that.

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Peyton's beta tape line was so awesome. I remember VHS & Beta machines quite well as a kid when you couldn't stream stuff instantly & before Wifi man. The younger generation is so spoiled now with immediate, entertainment gratification man, but I digress....

My first job out of college was as a video editor in a local abc news affiliate and I had to edit tape to tape with betas. This was in the fall of 2009 btw. It had been years since I touched a VCR or beta deck. 

39 minutes ago, corgi said:

My first job out of college was as a video editor in a local abc news affiliate and I had to edit tape to tape with betas. This was in the fall of 2009 btw. It had been years since I touched a VCR or beta deck. 

Nice trip down nostalgia lane there Corgi. I like stories like that because they make me feel young & not so ancient anymore. Did you like the job or the colleagues you worked with? I hope so. 

My dad always felt that Beta was a better machine than the VHS. The color held up better on Beta tapes under heat & years of wear & tear watching recorded movies. Plus, my father was always surprised that this Japanese Beta machine never took off in America like the VHS VCR did in his estimation. 

I have an affinity for older technology actually. 8 track players & stuff my sister & I grew up with. I don't collect it or anything but I get a kick out of older technology from my generation I guess. My dad always says we were the 1st remote control. Get up & change the channel. Okay, leave it there. You can sit down now. We watched what our parents liked. Personal preference wasn't even an option back when my sister & I were growing up. 

BTW, I grew up on both black & white TVs & color TVs too. The historian in me prefers black & white vs color now because it reminds me of old news reels & journalists smoking on the air during news broadcasts as well. 

54 minutes ago, corgi said:

It had been years since I touched a VCR or beta deck. 

I'm sure you'd remember how to work a beta machine if I could find an old one on Amazon buddy. :rock:

Some things you never forget. Unless your boss was an unpleasant individual & you'd much rather go thru a prolonged period of self induced amnesia that is...I understand either way. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Nice trip down nostalgia lane there Corgi. I like stories like that because they make me feel young & not so ancient anymore. Did you like the job or the colleagues you worked with? I hope so. 

My dad always felt that Beta was a better machine than the VHS. The color held up better on Beta tapes under heat & years of wear & tear watching recorded movies. Plus, my father was always surprised that this Japanese Beta machine never took off in America like the VHS VCR did in his estimation. 

I have an affinity for older technology actually. 8 track players & stuff my sister & I grew up with. I don't collect it or anything but I get a kick out of older technology from my generation I guess. My dad always says we were the 1st remote control. Get up & change the channel. Okay, leave it there. You can sit down now. We watched what our parents liked. Personal preference wasn't even an option back when my sister & I were growing up. 

BTW, I grew up on both black & white TVs & color TVs too. The historian in me prefers black & white vs color now because it reminds me of old news reels & journalists smoking on the air during news broadcasts as well. 

Yeah i have no complaints about that job, still have several good friends there. I love the grainy look of old vhs tapes, especially old 80s horror films. Its adds a little something special to those films. My first tv was an old floor model magnavox. Loved that giant tv.

haha This is so cool, SW1! Brings back all the great memories I had growing up watching black & white TVs. We didn't even have a color set until 1973 after remodeling our basement with my Dad. It wasn't until Christmas that year I enjoyed watching the NFL on Sundays and eventually Monday Night Football in color the following season on our new 25" Hitachi set. We also added a "Lloyd's Stereo" with 8 track above the entire walled console for the TV. Hog heaven, I tell ya. :) 

Still had to get up & change the channels though. Which I didn't mind in the least. I remember finally seeing our beloved Colts in "Living Color" when they were on. A treat I'll never forget. The next few years after that, contained the Bert Jones lead Colts with Roger Carr, Lydell Mitchell, Ehrmann, Dutton, Cook, Barnes, Marchibroda and company. Great & exciting games 1975-78. 

However, I always enjoyed watching the NFL in black & white before our color set. A fond memory of my introduction to the NFL via Colts football in 1964. Good gracious, it's been that long -- 52 years ago. Wow. Times & the game have changed quite a bit. But, my appreciation & love for it came through that old Zenith black & white, for which I am forever grateful.

2 hours ago, ColtRider said:

haha This is so cool, SW1! Brings back all the great memories I had growing up watching black & white TVs. We didn't even have a color set until 1973 after remodeling our basement with my Dad. It wasn't until Christmas that year I enjoyed watching the NFL on Sundays and eventually Monday Night Football in color the following season on our new 25" Hitachi set. We also added a "Lloyd's Stereo" with 8 track above the entire walled console for the TV. Hog heaven, I tell ya. :) 

Still had to get up & change the channels though. Which I didn't mind in the least. I remember finally seeing our beloved Colts in "Living Color" when they were on. A treat I'll never forget. The next few years after that, contained the Bert Jones lead Colts with Roger Carr, Lydell Mitchell, Ehrmann, Dutton, Cook, Barnes, Marchibroda and company. Great & exciting games 1975-78. 

However, I always enjoyed watching the NFL in black & white before our color set. A fond memory of my introduction to the NFL via Colts football in 1964. Good gracious, it's been that long -- 52 years ago. Wow. Times & the game have changed quite a bit. But, my appreciation & love for it came through that old Zenith black & white, for which I am forever grateful.

I remember when my Grandmother bought us our first color TV for X-Mas. I guess it was around 1968 or so. That 19 inch table model was the best TV in the world. I remember my parents trying to find a place to set it up and my Dad whining about not having a table to set it on in the living room. So we just sat it on the old black n white floor model. The next year my Mom put a high fidelity 2 speaker record player in lay away and seemed to make payments on it all year. We thought we were very lucky to have both those items. On a side note, my Mom was a Beatles freak and was in their fan club. The almost stereo sound was like nothing I had ever heard. It also had a head phone jack and that totally blew my mind.

As always, it was interesting theatre punctuated by a comparison of the statue to Jim Morrison's grave ! Hilarious. 

Peyton was as usual magnanimous and showed what a class act he is. If anyone deserves a statue at the stadium, it is him. They could put another statue of him in Baltimore next to the Johnny Unitas statue , as God knows, he beat the stuffing out of us enough. The accolades were well deserved. 

12 hours ago, ColtRider said:

This post is fantastic CR. The funny thing about bigger & bulkier technology is this: The more it weighed; the better it held up to abuse meaning being dropped, thrown, or having something spilled on it. Stuff seemed more durable back in the day even rotary telephones man. 

Yeah, the transition to color TV is not without it's charm too. I'll agree with that buddy. I just enjoy black & white movies & TV shows because they remind me of glass plate photographs taken during the Civil War because the textures seemed more vibrant & richer even without the high definition colors present on flat screen TVs today. As strange as this sounds, black & white pictures have been resolution longterm over the decades than color images do preservation wise & relative humidity wise. 

I don't remember TV brand names very well as a kid, but I do know unlike cell phones, laptops, & music listening devices today, products I grew up with were darn near indestructible. Something that our landfill society can't lay claim to today on a wide scale. Hades, I even have a soft spot for the mystique of the radio. Before a tornado hit our house in 1984, we had the coolest radio with a turntable attached to it that looked like something straight out of FDR's "Fireside chats." When I still subscribed to Sirus XM Satellite Radio, 1 program used to play old mystery programs out of the 30's, 40's, & 50's complete with a narrator, screams, sound effects, & shattering glass. It was amazing. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. 

I do remember watching some football games in black & white. My dad liked a lot of nature & wildlife stuff & my mother was a political junkie or to more accurate she likes to stay informed about the world around her. I get my appreciation for musicals & mysteries like Sherlock Holmes from my old man & my sarcasm too if I'm being honest. haha 

13 hours ago, corgi said:

Yeah i have no complaints about that job, still have several good friends there. I love the grainy look of old vhs tapes, especially old 80s horror films. Its adds a little something special to those films. My first tv was an old floor model magnavox. Loved that giant tv.

Glad to hear that Corgi. It's nice to hear that you still stay in touch with former co-workers from 2009 too. You know, you're right. The lines & grainy quality of worn down VHS tapes do possess a certain level of charm if primitive horror motif is the look a person is striving for. 

There's a lot of cool people on here with fascinating stories & I consider you one of those intriguing people Corgi. What's your profile pictures name BTW? Corgi's are wonderful dogs & family members too. My old neighbor had one & I brushed his coat once & he was my friend for life after that. :D I miss that dog. 

4 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

As always, it was interesting theatre punctuated by a comparison of the statue to Jim Morrison's grave ! Hilarious. 

Peyton was as usual magnanimous and showed what a class act he is. If anyone deserves a statue at the stadium, it is him. They could put another statue of him in Baltimore next to the Johnny Unitas statue , as God knows, he beat the stuffing out of us enough. The accolades were well deserved. 

I know exactly what you mean TOC. I almost fell out of my computer chair when Jimmy said that because I was laughing so hard. That's why I love Jimmy because I never know what he's gonna say & neither does Jimmy half the time. He's a very spur of the moment guy which adds to his charm & charisma if you ask me. 

Glad to hear that Corgi. It's nice to hear that you still stay in touch with former co-workers from 2009 too. You know, you're right. The lines & grainy quality of worn down VHS tapes do possess a certain level of charm if primitive horror motif is the look a person is striving for. 

There's a lot of cool people on here with fascinating stories & I consider you one of those intriguing people Corgi. What's your profile pictures name BTW? Corgi's are wonderful dogs & family members too. My old neighbor had one & I brushed his coat once & he was my friend for life after that. :D I miss that dog. 

Thanks for the kind words, SW1. Always enjoy reading your posts as well. My pictures Corgi is Finnegan, aka Dingo aka Monster. I have another Corgi names Seamus aka Bear. I'm a Corgi lover for life.

18 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I know exactly what you mean TOC. I almost fell out of my computer chair when Jimmy said that because I was laughing so hard. That's why I love Jimmy because I never know what he's gonna say & neither does Jimmy half the time. He's a very spur of the moment guy which adds to his charm & charisma if you ask me. 

Its never a dull press conference with Jimmy !

4 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Its never a dull press conference with Jimmy !

You can say that again. Jimmy's even softened my position on his "and umm's" during press conferences too. 

He's so nice to his fans & does such incredible charity work in Indianapolis that I let it slide now. 

To tell you the truth, I think it's a nervous tick thing that Mr. Irsay does to relieve minor stage fright like an automatic reflex. I just keep telling myself he's a good man & public speaking may not be a natural gift in his personality arsenal or skill set. That doesn't mean he's not smart or funny because he is...Just that sometimes, he struggles to find the right words to best encapsulate the circumstance. No worries Mr. Irsay. You're a phenomenal owner who always pushes for more Lombardi trophies for our franchise & I respect that.  

21 hours ago, corgi said:

Thanks for the kind words, SW1. Always enjoy reading your posts as well. My pictures Corgi is Finnegan, aka Dingo aka Monster. I have another Corgi names Seamus aka Bear. I'm a Corgi lover for life.

Monster & Bear are interesting names for 2 corgi dogs running around your house. I say that because if I didn't know what dog breed those names were attached to I would assume that they were large canines like say a German shepherd or a big boxer. You probably just meant that your 2 4 legged family members basically have free reign over the house they reside in. 

I like corgis because they always look like they are smiling with the tongue hanging out as they stroll up to you to see what your doing. My uncle Glenn in Alabama has a Doberman Pincer that always growls all the time like he's looking at me like a new chew toy. I just prefer animals that are approachable I guess. 

Anyway, you're right. Corgis do rock as pets though. No argument there. 

32 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You can say that again. Jimmy's even softened my position on his "and umm's" during press conferences too. 

He's so nice to his fans & does such incredible charity work in Indianapolis that I let it slide now. 

To tell you the truth, I think it's a nervous tick thing that Mr. Irsay does to relieve minor stage fright like an automatic reflex. I just keep telling myself he's a good man & public speaking may not be a natural gift in his personality arsenal or skill set. That doesn't mean he's not smart or funny because he is...Just that sometimes, he struggles to find the right words to best encapsulate the circumstance. No worries Mr. Irsay. You're a phenomenal owner who always pushes for more Lombardi trophies for our franchise & I respect that.  

I believe you're right on the dime concerning Jim Irsay & "stage fright". Seems like he very well knows what he wants to say & when, however, a lot of times it just comes out in a non-intended way of "rumblin', bumblin', stumblin' " carnage. 

I think that fits Jim. He's a great owner. And, that's what counts with me.

15 hours ago, Gramz said:

I can always count on you to make Me laugh. lmao

Uh huh. Both SDS & ruksak have next level sarcastic humor, which is extremely rare. 

You can't teach that. It's innate baby. Other relatives can help you fine tune it, but the foundation has to be there first.

BOTT & BHC are 2 other forum members on here who, when the mood strikes them just right, are absolutely hysterical. JMO.  

On 3/19/2016 at 11:30 PM, southwest1 said:

Sony's Betamax machines were built better, and the picture had more resolution, less video noise, better stability, and higher quality sound.  Why did JVC's VHS format eventually win the consumer format wars?  Not that VHS was 2 hours and held a full length feature (Beta upped theirs too later) or other things.  It mainly boiled down to cost.  Non essential items create a cost boundary. JVC licensed their Technology to others, that were forced to compete with each other reducing costs. Sony did not license their technology, and eventually their market share fell drasticall while movie rental stores stocked up on VHS tapes.  Lessen learned.

With only 3 VHF channels and just 1 UHF, my time was spent outside a lot.... until...  CableVision!  :-)

I like the new technology.  Sony learned from Beta, so when they (Blu-Ray) competed against Toshiba (HD-DVD) they had a better understanding how to win.  They partnered up with some other companies in its development and manufacture.  So did Toshiba.  This time, the Movie studios and consumers would dictate the winner, since they studios and manufacturer partners were lined up nearly equal on each side. Eventually some studios moved to Blu-Ray or produced both HD-DVD movies and Blu-Ray. When Warner dropped support for HD DVD, it was all but over then.

I still have some 35+ HD-DVD movie discs and one working HD-DVD player (a Toshiba).  I have a ton of Blu-Ray movie discs and a nice working Sony Blu-Ray player.  But I watch movies through Comcast Business Wi-Fi and Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, etc... now.

I like to watch old stuff on old stuff, that's about it.  I like the new.  ;-)  Like a new Statue of Peyton!  LOL.

Ahh, memory lane trips.

10 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

I believe you're right on the dime concerning Jim Irsay & "stage stumblin". Seems like he very well knows what he wants to say & when, however, a lot of times it just comes out in a non-intended way of "rumblin', bumblin', stumblin' " carnage. 

I think that fits Jim. He's a great owner. And, that's what counts with me.

Yes, to his credit, it doesn't seem to bother Jim. He's almost turned his minor stage fright into an asset now like a speaking trademark that works in his favor now like if he stopped "& umm-ing" suddenly we'd wonder what's wrong with Jimmy & who this imposter with perfect prose is?

I'm not making fun of you Mr. Irsay. I just meant that we all have our ticks & things that we do that define who we are myself included. Keep it up Jimmy. It works well for you actually. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, shakedownstreet said:

and the kids will be left wondering how one guy built that massive stadium all by himself

And the father will say he carried everything on his back...much like all the mediocre teams we had into the playoffs! lol ....just kidding!!!

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sony's Betamax machines were built better, and the picture had more resolution, less video noise, better stability, and higher quality sound.  Why did JVC's VHS format eventually win the consumer format wars?  Not that VHS was 2 hours and held a full length feature (Beta upped theirs too later) or other things.  It mainly boiled down to cost.  Non essential items create a cost boundary. JVC licensed their Technology to others, that were forced to compete with each other reducing costs. Sony did not license their technology, and eventually their market share fell drasticall while movie rental stores stocked up on VHS tapes.  Lessen learned.

With only 3 VHF channels and just 1 UHF, my time was spent outside a lot.... until...  CableVision!  :-)

I like the new technology.  Sony learned from Beta, so when they (Blu-Ray) competed against Toshiba (HD-DVD) they had a better understanding how to win.  They partnered up with some other companies in its development and manufacture.  So did Toshiba.  This time, the Movie studios and consumers would dictate the winner, since they studios and manufacturer partners were lined up nearly equal on each side. Eventually some studios moved to Blu-Ray or produced both HD-DVD movies and Blu-Ray. When Warner dropped support for HD DVD, it was all but over then.

I still have some 35+ HD-DVD movie discs and one working HD-DVD player (a Toshiba).  I have a ton of Blu-Ray movie discs and a nice working Sony Blu-Ray player.  But I watch movies through Comcast Business Wi-Fi and Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV, Amazon Prime, etc... now.

I like to watch old stuff on old stuff, that's about it.  I like the new.  ;-)  Like a new Statue of Peyton!  LOL.

Ahh, memory lane trips.

Yeah, I get it about licensing technology & that when consumers only had CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, & the Public Broadcasting Station that ran programming until Midnight that the VHS & Beta machines transformed the entertainment business thru movie rental stores. 

Just because ways to watch films & TV shows now has been hubbed or placed into 1 central streaming unit like Netflix or Amazon Prime it doesn't mean it's necessarily better. A surplus of choices can be more troublesome than only say 5 choices as opposed to say 100,000 or 3,000,000. More isn't always better sometimes it's just more meaning there's no quality control filter. 

Not only that, the reason you see so many movie sequels now is that studios can't make money on original storylines & scripts anymore because the consumer has too many movies to watch & stream at their fingertips now so studios aren't throwing a ton of money at directors & screenwriters for new ideas in cinema which leads to a saturated market of duplicated stories guaranteed to make millions & draw crowds in quickly. 

I suppose you could make the argument that Netflix & Amazon Prime can create a niche audience for tailored programming to their liking but again; here again is the problem: Small loyal audiences to specific genres doesn't generate enough revenue to create a platform that encourages original ideas on a massive studio scale anymore because a consumer's choices are overflowing now. 

If there is 1 positive to new forms of technology to watch movies & TV shows thru a streaming device it is this: You get to watch programming without any commercial interruptions now. I love that feature because commercials annoy me unless they're funny. Plus, it's cool to watch an hour TV show in 35 minutes. 

On March 19, 2016 at 2:57 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I remember when my Grandmother bought us our first color TV for X-Mas. I guess it was around 1968 or so. That 19 inch table model was the best TV in the world. I remember my parents trying to find a place to set it up and my Dad whining about not having a table to set it on in the living room. So we just sat it on the old black n white floor model. The next year my Mom put a high fidelity 2 speaker record player in lay away and seemed to make payments on it all year. We thought we were very lucky to have both those items. On a side note, my Mom was a Beatles freak and was in their fan club. The almost stereo sound was like nothing I had ever heard. It also had a head phone jack and that totally blew my mind.

Hey CC1, 

Just curious. What was your mom's favorite Beatles song? My mom's was "Yesterday." I was always partial to "Let it Be" myself. Great stuff there my friend. I enjoy getting a window into my favorite posters backgrounds on here. 

If you'd prefer not to disclose that publicly, that's fine. Or just send me a personal message on this site if you wish. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Hey CC1, 

Just curious. What was your mom's favorite Beatles song? My mom's was "Yesterday." I was always partial to "Let it Be" myself. Great stuff there my friend. I enjoy getting a window into my favorite posters backgrounds on here. 

She was into the Beatlemania a lot more than me. I would say she was partial to the early Lennon stuff like If I Fell and It's only Love. She really liked the Help album. I grew up with them but never started digging them till Rubber Soul and Revolver. When Sargent Pepper was released that is all it took for them to be my favorite band. When they quit doing the 3 minute radio songs and went into the studio with George Martin and started looping tape and using different sounds we had never heard before I was hooked. Just the magnitude of what they were doing at the time was mind altering in the music field. I joined the Beatles fan club in 1967 and have been an active member all this time. While I never got to see them as a group in concert I seen George Harrison two times and Paul McCartney three times. The first song that stands out in my mind was I Feel Fine with the first guitar feedback I can ever recall hearing.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

She was into the Beatlemania a lot more than me. I would say she was partial to the early Lennon stuff like If I Fell and It's only Love. She really liked the Help album. I grew up with them but never started digging them till Rubber Soul and Revolver. When Sargent Pepper was released that is all it took for them to be my favorite band. When they quit doing the 3 minute radio songs and went into the studio with George Martin and started looping tape and using different sounds we had never heard before I was hooked. Just the magnitude of what they were doing at the time was mind altering in the music field. I joined the Beatles fan club in 1967 and have been an active member all this time. While I never got to see them as a group in concert I seen George Harrison two times and Paul McCartney three times. The first song that stands out in my mind was I Feel Fine with the first guitar feedback I can ever recall hearing.

Yep, I Feel Fine was my first appreciation of the Beatles. 

Hey... I read today in an online version of a Denver newspaper that #18 decided to retire as a Bronco, foregoing the one day contract offer from Indy. 

Was wondering if anybody else heard this, if it's old news already or what. It seems like if it was a credible report, we'd have a thread on here about it, but I haven't seen one.

I realize that I didn't provide a link, but I'm strapped for time and am confused as to why this isn't blowing up my news feed from other sources... If true, it's unfortunate, in my view, not that I am making a judgement, just would have liked Peyton to retire a Colt.