Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I find it funny that even in a topic that should really be safe for all Colts fans to agree on we still have dissension. Truly the internet is a wonderful platform :P

The ones who have the negative problems are the ones who have a problem no matter what the subject is. It has become so easy to anticipate who is going to have that attitude.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The ones who have the negative problems are the ones who have a problem no matter what the subject is. It has become so easy to anticipate who is going to have that attitude.

We can't all be a ray of sunshine, but luckily we do have some to balance things out.   

Have a Great Day. :)

sunshine.png

8 minutes ago, The Lucky Neck Beard said:

Maybe Irsay and Payton are announcing that Manning is buying part ownership of the Colts...  stranger things have happened

It is more likely Peyton may get a title like "Vice President of Football Operations" or something like that than any kind of ownership, IMO. You know the Colts have a creative way of coming up with titles like "Assistant to head coach", "Associate to head coach" etc. and I don't see a "Vice President of Football Operations" or "President of Football Operations" here :)

http://www.colts.com/team/staff.html

#kidding

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Almost as easy as anticipating who are going to be the ones who will be vehemently defending even the most incompetent decisions made by Grigson, etc... 

15 minutes ago, esmort said:

Almost as easy as anticipating who are going to be the ones who will be vehemently defending even the most incompetent decisions made by Grigson, etc... 

No,   not really.   Some here have nothing positive to say.    Most are objective

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   not really.   Some here have nothing positive to say.    Most are objective

And some are always positive, Kool aid drinkers. I can usually guess where more than half of the very active posters will fall on most issues. I would say far less than half are truly objective. 

14 minutes ago, esmort said:

And some are always positive, Kool aid drinkers. I can usually guess where more than half of the very active posters will fall on most issues. I would say far less than half are truly objective. 

So the posters who are positive you call kool aid drinkers? At least they don't sit around in a negative mind set all the time. I would hate to be like that. But to each his own I suppose.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I posted this in the other thread, but I don't think many people have seen it and it deserves some more recognition. 

FB_IMG_1458317924007.thumb.jpg.ee78b76cc

The Andrew and Peyton relationship is something I wish we discussed more. Manning has been a good mentor to Luck.

So great to see this from Jim Irsay & the organization. Peyton Manning not only changed the course of the Indianapolis Colts, but the entire NFL. No other QB can lay claim to that. His tireless, undaunting, and exhaustive study of the game became the norm. That attribute along with his superb play over the years catapulted many to a road of emulation. Which has been accomplished. 

His class, outstanding respect for the game & players, and overall approach to everything NFL is going to be sorely missed. 

You're a great guy, my man! Enjoy your retirement for now. Hope to see you soon if you choose to stay close to the game.

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Winner! 1.A  - Statue

It's early in the thread still. Lets see if anyone gets Winner 1.B - Retiring #18 forever  ...

I'll keep reading.

it was mentioned. but it really happened when we cut manning 4 years ago. irsay stated as much at the time, so it was as good as retired back then

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think Jim is looking out for his three children at this point.

The return on investment from Peyton's involvement would more than satisfy any loss of wealth the Irsay family initially incurs, while ensuring continued success.  If he is looking out for his daughters, this would be a great way to do it actually.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I didn't even expect this. I just figured we would retire his number at this point and he would be here for the Ring of Honor ceremony.

You backed into it, but Winner 1.B - Retiring #18

Congrats to any other that also guessed these later on.  But Chad and 2006CBE were first.  :-)

18 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

So great to see this from Jim Irsay & the organization. Peyton Manning not only changed the course of the Indianapolis Colts, but the entire NFL. No other QB can lay claim to that. His tireless, undaunting, and exhaustive study of the game became the norm. That attribute along with his superb play over the years catapulted many to a road of emulation. Which has been accomplished. 

His class, outstanding respect for the game & players, and overall approach to everything NFL is going to be sorely missed. 

You're a great guy, my man! Enjoy your retirement for now. Hope to see you soon if you choose to stay close to the game.

Yeah, no doubt.

To me, Tom Brady and Belichick, as much as we may despise them epitomize consistency and success for the last 15 years, much like Peyton did. The Patriots rarely give up 30 points and when they do score 30 points, they rarely lose. The only QB to beat Brady and the Pats when they score 30 points, TWICE, is Peyton - that 38-34 AFCCG and the 35-34 4th and 2 game. That is what I will always remember about Peyton's time in his prime - when he was playing QB, you always had a chance to win the game.

6 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

The return on investment from Peyton's involvement would more than satisfy any loss of wealth the Irsay family initially incurs, while ensuring continued success.  If he is looking out for his daughters, this would be a great way to do it actually.

I don't get where you think an owner would give up or sell any of his ownership. The Colts were around before Jim owned them and I would venture to say they will around after he is no longer with us. I think Jim has been pretty instrumental in the success that Peyton has earned. I would highly doubt he would give up any of his ownership to anyone other than his family. He has already said his daughters were going to be the ones running the team if and when he chooses to retire.

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

early rendering 

2016-3-18_statue_rendering_zpsjxbgkeev.j

That will be a popular picture destination before games. I don't know about leaving Bud bottles in front of it like Irsay said but I can certainly see a lot of dads standing there telling their little ones about watching the most entertaining qb of all time play.