Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

I think it will be that Peyton is retiring as a Colt but to do that Denver would have to release his rights and I can't see them doing that.  So probably some lame honor of/for Peyton... how about saving the "big exciting announcement" tweets for when we finally so something meaningful in FA.   I am still bummed we let Freeman walk since he's been nothing but outstanding for us since he's been here... so let's give him to the Bears, along with them signing Trevathan, and we have to play them this year.. smells like another potential loss.  Sorry I digressed. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Something Peyton related is neither major nor does it help this team.  

Yeah seriously. I'll be mad if this is anything other than us getting a very good player. Honoring Manning and extending Luck is common knowledge.

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah seriously. I'll be mad if this is anything other than us getting a very good player. Honoring Manning and extending Luck is common knowledge.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

My thoughts exactly.

Are you guys serious?

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

What dude? Its common sense we're going to do both of those things. To me a major announcement would be something to improve the team in a "major" way.

A team related ceremony honoring the greatest player in Colts history is a big deal for the Colts. 

You're reading the 'something to improve the team' thing into it. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

A team related ceremony honoring the greatest player in Colts history is a big deal for the Colts. 

Yeah I understand that's a big deal, and that the greatest QB of all time should be honored by his 'real team" but if its about Manning it seems like Irsay would have just said that instead of getting everybody's hopes up.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yes, it is a very big deal, but it is not big news IMHO, as we already know that something has been in the works. 

5 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

LOL...

Common sense???

Thats cute

Yeah Buck that's cute. Is it not common sense at all that we're going to honor the greatest QB of all time who played for us 14 years. I mean I would have never guessed we would be doing that. I'm actually shocked.

Just now, COLTS449 said:

Yeah Buck that's cute. Is it not common sense at all that we're going to honor the greatest QB of all time who played for us 14 years. I mean I would have never guessed we would be doing that. I'm actually shocked.

When some people speak of common sense...

Its funny...

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Ah booh! It is Peyton related

Chill out brother, old uncle Buck will come put you in your place for actually expecting it to be something to improve the team instead of something we all knew was going to happen.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Nothing, I guess. This kind of thing happens every day...

Eh, maybe it's because I'm not one for ceremonies. I mean, it's great and all, but when it doesn't affect me or someone I know, it gets put in the category of things like the ESPY's. It's major to them and that's fine, but I dont personally care that much.

31 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It seems weird that there would be an announcement for an announcement. Like, I'm sure its about Peyton, but did you really have to make an announcement and hour early?

21 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

19 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

My thoughts exactly.

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Manning is not a major announcement,  Luck signing is because it would happen this early,  I think we are all hoping it's a trade.

8 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

What's major about it? Not trying to be a dueche, but what's the big deal?

4 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

Yes, it is a very big deal, but it is not big news IMHO, as we already know that something has been in the works. 

It always seems so crabby when people complain about things like this.  Just plain cranky, crabby fun sucking 

I'm down with an announcement about an announcement.  I get that some people aren't but I don't get why they need to express their unhappiness that an announcement did not please them or measure up to their standards of being announcement worthy

sheesh

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

It always seems so crabby when people complain about things like this.  Just plain cranky, crabby fun sucking 

I'm down with an announcement about an announcement.  I get that some people aren't but I don't get why they need to express their unhappiness that an announcement did not please them or measure up to their standards of being announcement worthy

sheesh

I'm not crabby about it, butt when the Colts say they have a major announcement at 5 and it ultimately ends up being something that I don't particularly care about it's not major to me that's all.  

56 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Isn't he technically still under contract with the Broncos?  They would first have to release him (which I think means he'd have to come out of retirement first), allowing him to be a free agent.  That would allow him to sign with Indy for a day.

One day contracts are ceremonial, only. It's not necessary, but even if they do it that way, the Broncos would retain his rights.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm not crabby about it, butt when the Colts say they have a major announcement at 5 and it ultimately ends up being something that I don't particularly care about it's not major that's all.  

:pokerface:

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm not crabby about it, butt when the Colts say they have a major announcement at 5 and it ultimately ends up being something that I don't particularly care about it's not major to me that's all.  

It comes across as 'how dare they waste my time telling me about something that I don't find exciting!' 

That's the last thing I'll say about it. 

An announcement that tomorrow there will be a press conference.  Being that Manning already retired, then I would say this is likely not about retiring as a Colt.  Simply a ceremonial announcement to honor him seems to be the speculation, but I am actually hoping that it will be a press conference announcing that Manning has been hired into the Colts organization in some capacity.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

One day contracts are ceremonial, only. It's not necessary, but even if they do it that way, the Broncos would retain his rights.

Don't you doubt that they'll do that?

I think it's just a chance for the Indy press to get to talk to Peyton Manning

An Indy press conference with Manning.  It's been a good long while and the last one was quite sad so, I like this idea

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Don't you doubt that they'll do that?

I think it's just a chance for the Indy press to get to talk to Peyton Manning

An Indy press conference with Manning.  It's been a good long while and the last one was quite sad so, I like this idea

Yeah I doubt it. Just a ceremony and a presser would be fine.

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

It comes across as 'how dare they waste my time telling me about something that I don't find exciting!' 

That's the last thing I'll say about it. 

I think you are reading into it a little too much.  I don't mean any disrespect it to anyone who is truly excited about this if it were a Manning ceremony. 

Sorry it comes across that way. Not my intent at all.