Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'm not crabby about it, butt when the Colts say they have a major announcement at 5 and it ultimately ends up being something that I don't particularly care about it's not major to me that's all.  

LOL.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

A team related ceremony honoring the greatest player in Colts history is a big deal for the Colts. 

You're reading the 'something to improve the team' thing into it. 

I know but yet some posters insisted he didn't get a long with Irsay and Peyton disliked the Colts. To the people that thought that where you at now? He is the greatest player in Colts history so this is a huge deal. We have got the Draft and plenty of time to improve the team. It's amazing how may people cant appreciate Peyton freakin Manning, almost pee's me off actually. He has won a SB here and done a lot for this city and some people crap on him the way they Post, sad really.

I understand that many here are disappointed at what the announcement was about.   It stands to reason that at this time of year many would expect an "announcement" to be regarding a trade, or FA hire, or something regarding the team.

There are, however, many that will be happy with the the announcement of Peyton coming back to Indy for a Press Conference, and the announcement was to let those who are interested  informed about the time and place.   

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I understand that many here are disappointed at what the announcement was about.   It stands to reason that at this time of year many would expect an "announcement" to be regarding a trade, or FA hire, or something regarding the team.

There are, however, many that will be happy with the the announcement of Peyton coming back to Indy for a Press Conference, and the announcement is to let those who are interested  informed about the time and place.   

That is not a "major" announcement

2 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

He changed his mind and is going to fire Grigson and Pagano. :D

Thanks for that CF1953. I needed a good belly roll laugh today. Nothing personal against the HC or GM. 

2 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Jim Irsay bought a Roy Clark guitar and is showing it to the world.  Big news.

I could so see Jimmy doing that. He's a wanna be rock star at heart so that actually fits Brent. Not a slam BTW. I like that about Jim. His hobby: Guitar buying is a healthy obsession to him. If that makes any sense. 

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Thanks Gramz. I figured it had something to do with honoring Peyton back home where his HOF NFL stomping grounds started as it should be. I agree with 2006 CBE too. Manning should be given his just dues especially in INDY & I don't want HGH nonsense or Tennessee athletic trainer hogwash derailing his greatness as a man & football player either. 

so the major announcement was to announce a presser with Irsay and Manning tomorrow?, im cool with that, i did not expect any left field moves at all thats clearly not the direction we are going. I hope the press conference is about Manning retiring as a Colt, even if its a ceremony of some kind will be nice

I do feel sad for Peyton in 1 respect though: He gave a perfect retirement speech in Denver on March 7th. Very difficult to top since it was impeccable in every way: humor, tone, humility, & history. 

I wanna see him joke with Jimmy. Something like "open or closed LOS roof wise...I think we can both agree I was an asset & worthy foe to you Mr. Irsay. We can laugh about that now right?" LOL! 

Oh well, if any athlete can surpass himself prose wise, the sheriff is just the man to do it I guess. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but yet some posters insisted he didn't get a long with Irsay and Peyton disliked the Colts. To the people that thought that where you at now? He is the greatest player in Colts history so this is a huge deal. We have got the Draft and plenty of time to improve the team. It's amazing how may people cant appreciate Peyton freakin Manning, almost pee's me off actually. He has won a SB here and done a lot for this city and some people crap on him the way they Post, sad really.

You really think this actually changes that perception? I don't. Personally this is more of a kill two birds with one stone thing he was going to be here this weekend regardless might as well get this over with I guess. Although its not necessary either way. Most of us will still remember he was a Colt a PC isn't necessary to validate that.

Its not a one day retirement ceremony so I'm glad they got that out of the way because those are lame. 

They will probably announce he'll be in the ROH at some point and maybe a statue but that's probably it. I don't see him joining the Colts organization in any capacity.

2 minutes ago, CF4L said:

You really think this actually changes that perception? I don't. Personally this is more of a kill two birds with one stone thing he was going to be here this weekend regardless might as well get this over with I guess. Although its not necessary either way. Most of us will still remember he was a Colt a PC isn't necessary to validate that.

Its not a one day retirement ceremony so I'm glad they got that out of the way because those are lame. 

They will probably announce he'll be in the ROH at some point and maybe a statue but that's probably it. I don't see him joining the Colts organization in any capacity.

I don't think he joins the Colts organization in any capacity either. Who said that? I didn't.

49 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Very serious.  That's not a major announcement at all.  I'm not against honoring Peyton.  Just saying that honoring him is not a major announcement.  

He's hiring Peyton to be team president Irsay wants  less of a role now with the day to day grind with his health and all.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

What dude? Its common sense we're going to do both of those things. To me a major announcement would be something to improve the team in a "major" way.

They would not call a press conference to announce a free agent signing.

They would call a press conference to introduce that signing to the media..

There would not be a press conference to announce a trade at all.

Manning's ceremonial return to Indy was not certain and it is a very big thing

16 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Speaking of his statue, I always wonder how the final pose for the finished product is decided. Will Jimmy & Peyton narrow it down to 3 picturesque moments & then the INDY fan base will vote for their favorite one? That would at least make the Colts fan base feel like they are part of the whole experience before the grand reveal. 

The sarcastic comic in me wonders if the statue will have a red spot on his forehead whenever he took his helmet off to protect his brain from CTE & concussions. Just teasing Peyton! I wouldn't do that to you buddy. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Speaking of his statue, I always wonder how the final pose for the finished product is decided. Will Jimmy & Peyton narrow it down to 3 picturesque moments & then the INDY fan base will vote for their favorite one? That would at least make the Colts fan base feel like they are part of the whole experience before the grand reveal. 

The sarcastic comic in me wonders if the statue will have a red spot on his forehead whenever he took his helmet off to protect his brain from CTE & concussions. Just teasing Peyton! I wouldn't do that to you buddy. 

Yeah I wonder what the statue will look like, should be pretty cool to see. Probably Peyton standing there in passing motion with a football in hand??

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Peyton is ever going to work for the Colts organization

I don't either and never have said that and CF4L comes out of the blue and quotes me. The only thing my initial Post points out is Peyton doesn't have any animosity toward Irsay because if he did he wouldn't be coming here tomorrow. Why would he? If you dislike someone you aren't going to meet with them in the offseason after retiring in the 1st place. Peyton and Irsay like each other and Peyton still loves Indy and our fans, I think that is obvious now. Regarding what Peyton does in the future, I picture broadcasting. He needs to take Phil Simms spot and join his buddy Jim Nantz.