Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Major announcement at 5 PM

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

What if Peyton signs a 1 day contract and retires as a Colt.

Isn't he technically still under contract with the Broncos?  They would first have to release him (which I think means he'd have to come out of retirement first), allowing him to be a free agent.  That would allow him to sign with Indy for a day.

3 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

What if Peyton signs a 1 day contract and retires as a Colt.

Don't the Broncos have to release him to do that? How does that work since they hold his "unretirement" rights till the 2016 season?

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm hoping a major trade is being announced. I don't think it's Peyton related because they would have no problem saying it's about him.

Maybe they are going to put a statue for Peyton outside Lucas Oil Stadium???

Remember that Irsay tends to be a little hyperbolic about team announcements.  Plus nothing has broke in the news. . . Trades, signings, and extensions to big name players like Luck would have already broken right now.  That stuff just doesn't stay under wraps.

My guess is they are putting Peyton in the ring of honor.  Maybe along with a statement that a statue had been commissioned of him.  

Just now, COLTS449 said:

So where are you guys getting that this is Manning related???? I hope its announcing some major trade. Like for a big time guard or a big time EDGE rusher.

They wanted to honor Peyton on the 18th (which is tommorow)

Hopefully its something completely out of left field. Like we've traded for Justin Houston or Zach Martin or somebody LOL. You guys remember a couple years ago when Irsay got us all going by saying we're about to get a big fish or some crap like that? LOL We all thought we were getting Fitzgerald