Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday Considering Retirement.

The Fish

He should retire on a Saturday haha

But in all seriousness, if Saturday does retire, he should have a spot in Canton for all his outstanding work as a Colt.

Also I'm hearing Ryan Diem will most likely retire. So we need to address the offensive line in free agency.. not the draft.

But in all seriousness, if Saturday does retire, he should have a spot in Canton for all his outstanding work as a Colt.

Also I'm hearing Ryan Diem will most likely retire. So we need to address the offensive line in free agency.. not the draft.

love for us to get carl nicks. think of this line contonzo,retiz,pollak,nicks,illjana

I've been blathering about this since our last draft. Thank you for having a brain. If we have any intent on getting another Lombardi with Manning, he needs skilled O-lineman NOW, not in 3 years.

Do you even listen to jim irsay or what he's been saying?The core of the team will be RETAINED going forward(that's a big fancy word for kept).Man,you guys are going to cry yourself to sleep(on your luck pillows and prematurely bought luck jersey's) come draft day.

All he said is the Colts will retain some players, coaches, and staff. Basically its a new era but not everything is going to be new. He wasn't talking about trading the pick at all. Irsay was being direct here.

I'd say this is directly linked to Peyton, just a guess. All signs point to releasing Peyton.

Saturday is old, of course he's considering retirement. Doesn't mean Peyton is already written off. Neither does the firing of Jim Caldwell.

He was Peyton's qb coach at one point but he just had a 2-14 season, he was fired for that, not because Peyton will history.

I think your making the same mistake that ESPN does, your reading into it too much. Plus your listening to ESPN about the Colts, 2nd mistake.

Saturday is old, of course he's considering retirement. Doesn't mean Peyton is already written off. Neither does the firing of Jim Caldwell.

He was Peyton's qb coach at one point but he just had a 2-14 season, he was fired for that, not because Peyton will history.

I think your making the same mistake that ESPN does, your reading into it too much. Plus your listening to ESPN about the Colts, 2nd mistake.

Perfectly stated

All he said is the Colts will retain some players, coaches, and staff. Basically its a new era but not everything is going to be new. He wasn't talking about trading the pick at all. Irsay was being direct here.

He said that he wants an equally balanced football team(both def/off).There's an easy way to achieve that very quickly...trade the pick.That's what he's getting at.

I don't think we're in any position to lose Saturday. Pollack is not as good and considering how poorly the line played this year we need upgrades not down grades. I really hope Peyton can come back and put all this blow up the team stuff to rest. We were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. If we can get better on D and O line I think we can be contenders again.

He said that he wants an equally balanced football team(both def/off).There's an easy way to achieve that very quickly...trade the pick.That's what he's getting at.

If that's what you think, that's fine. Its just my opinion that most people are trying to read into everything too much because they are desperate for answers. Often that leads to false conclusions.

Well said.

If that's what you think, that's fine. Its just my opinion that most people are trying to read into everything too much because they are desperate for answers. Often that leads to false conclusions.

With irsay...ya' never know.He strikes me as being bipolar.Its hard reading through his mess of statements/tweets.But one thing is very clear,...he's keeping peyton.

I watch zero ESPN. I read some blogs, and watch football. Plus wasting around here.

Jeff used to be one of the greatest centers in the NFL. As far as personality and team chemistry go he still he is. Jeff was one of those players who wasn't uplifted or carried by having #18 behind him - he was an intelligent, powerful center all on his own.

Sadly his physical performance began dropping off several seasons ago. As of now he's just another piece of a terrible O-line that gets pushed around left and right.

It's time to move on. I hope Jeff retires and we begin rebuilding this line with Pollack as the steward at center until we draft/trade for someone better. Jeff has been poor and, given his age, will only be worse if he comes back for another season or two.

Thanks for the memories, Jeff. He's a great guy and a great Colt.

I just saw this headline on NFL.com. I would really hate to see Jeff go, but I have to say that it wouldn't surprise me. He has been around for a while, and he really seems like the ultimate team player. He has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in football by being on a Super Bowl winning team with one of the greatest QBs ever taking snaps from him, so he probably figures if this team is going into full on rebuild mode, this may be the best time for him to step down and let someone else take over. Someone else mentioned on here that he may have a place as an analyst or something on one of the networks. I would say that is a very good chance if he's interested, so he shouldn't have to worry about money. At any rate, this guys is one of the best linemen ever, and it will be tough to fill that void when he's gone.

love for us to get carl nicks. think of this line contonzo,retiz,pollak,nicks,illjana

Completely agree and we should be able to afford him with Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Brackett, and Addai gone. Possibly even Freeney may go as well in a trade to get rid of his huge cap hit.

Saturday is one of my top 3 Colts players. I was saying Saturday was one of the best centers in the NFL long before most everyone else jumped on the bandwagon. But watching his play for the last two years, I think it's time for him to retire. He's lost that quickness off the snap that he used to have. He still has good strength, still perfect technique, but losing that split second on the snap has hurt his game. It used to be that Saturday could snap the ball and being in blocking position before the D started to move. Now the defenders are almost through their first step before he gets in position, so he's not able to get the leverage and angle that he used to.

I don't think we're in any position to lose Saturday. Pollack is not as good and considering how poorly the line played this year we need upgrades not down grades. I really hope Peyton can come back and put all this blow up the team stuff to rest. We were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago. If we can get better on D and O line I think we can be contenders again.

If anything, Pollack and Saturday were the most reliable and constant on the line this year. For everything that happened, they stood out and did a good job this year.

From what I saw, Reitz didn't play very well. Though now that I think about it, we were playing musical chairs with our O-line, so I could be mistaking him for someone else

To be honest I thought Pollack did a better job at LG than Reitz when Reitz was out, but near the end of the year Reitz did show some improvement and did overall a decent job.

To be honest I thought Pollack did a better job at LG than Reitz when Reitz was out, but near the end of the year Reitz did show some improvement and did overall a decent job.

Pollak is better suited to center. I want to see how he does at his best position. His play at guard has been iffy

Pollak is better suited to center. I want to see how he does at his best position. His play at guard has been iffy

I do to, but if Saturday played next year and I had to make a choice at LG between those two I'd choose Pollack unless Reitz shows a good amount of improvement.

Saturday's play has regressed for 3 years now. He gets shoved straight backwards against every decent NT or DT in the league. I've met Jeff a few times and he's about as nice a person as you will ever meet, but he needs to go wether he retires or not. Pollak is a natural center not a Guard and could do just as good a job until they bring in someone better. This is a no brainer to me.