Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Manning retiring on Monday (Merge)

RockThatBlue

1 hour ago, Gramz said:
1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Yeah,  this is my guess, then again.....  he could choose me. :dunno:  

Yeah,  this is my guess, then again.....  he could choose me. :dunno:  

Sorry Gramz, me and Peyton have a pact already. haha

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 19colt said:

Can you book hotels 5 years in advance? ;-)

haha  When my son came in the door today, the first words out of his mouth were...  "Mom have you booked our rooms yet for August, 2021"  

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I've gotta give Tom Brady props for being so complementary toward Peyton's impact & influence on the NFL. It doesn't completely dissolve what you knew & when you knew it during Deflate Gate at all, but I do appreciate your big picture legacy outlook on Manning's 1st ballot HOF credentials though. So thank you Tom. 

I have great respect for Tom Brady as well. I am not surprised he did what he did. 

However, Patriots fans on PatsPulpit, man they are one of a kind. They would even make sure to spit on Peyton's grave, it feels like. I am not even sure they can see beyond the Brady worship and the tunnel vision of a Brady vs Peyton argument, no wonder people hate the "johnny come lately" Patriots fans, they represent Boston and the Patriots terribly, I feel like.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I have great respect for Tom Brady as well. I am not surprised he did what he did. 

However, Patriots fans on PatsPulpit, man they are one of a kind. They would even make sure to spit on Peyton's grave, it feels like. I am not even sure they can see beyond the Brady worship and the tunnel vision of a Brady vs Peyton argument, no wonder people hate the "johnny come lately" Patriots fans, they represent Boston and the Patriots terribly, I feel like.

It was a nice comment from Tom,  I agree.   I've always said  Peyton and Tom don't have a problem with each other.  They in fact are friends.      

It's the fans that have  gotten out of control.

And ~~ it's best to ignore those comments.

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Having a bit of a bittersweet feeling today.

I'd agree. It's going to be surreal watching it and it may not fully hit me till next season when we see that he's no longer playing. There are a bunch of good willed articles and specials on NFL Network but for some reason, I don't want to watch them right now.

11 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Having a bit of a bittersweet feeling today.

Me too. I love the fact Peyton is going out a SB Champion getting that all important multiple Ring but I will miss watching him play bigtime come next season. He seems like the only one that can beat Brady in big games, well he and his brother but the Giants stink now days.

One truth about retiring, you are no longer the best at anything. You are not number one to anyone. This is what drives some to despair while others go on to other things excelling like they did in the previous adventures. Reading a great tribute to him in Monday's Houston Chronicle is what is being said all over the sports world. I hope the rumor of his interest in the Tennessee Titans is only a rumor because if his one of a kind work ethic lands there then their players will learn what earning their money is all about.

I cried like a baby. No athlete has impacted my life like Peyton has. He turned me into a Colts fan, but more importantly, a football fan. He will always be my all-time favorite QB, and it's going to be weird not seeing him on the field every Sunday. 

1 minute ago, grmasterb said:

Because it's a celebration of Manning's entire career.

I'm sure the broncos staff were leaving it to peyton to address his time in indy.   Kubiak referenced his struggles against peyton during his time in Houston

I got choked up during his presser.

For me, I grew up watching Peyton play every Sunday. I would mimic his girations at the line of scrimmage when playing football with my friends. He changed the way the city I lived in viewed football. He made it easy for all of our teachers and coaches to point him out as the example to follow. People say that professional athletes don't have a real impact on people's lives. Peyton did and mine was one of them.