Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Manning retiring on Monday (Merge)

RockThatBlue

20 minutes ago, bababooey said:

YES SW1 ALL OF THIS

Thanks bababooey. Coming from you that means a lot. 

When I heard all these reporters say the following day that that female reporter was just doing her job, I got so mad because there was absolutely no reason to bring it up other than to embarrass & humiliate Manning. Like you so eloquently said my friend in that Manning thread when these Tennessee charges re-surfaced 20 yrs later that the unfounded implication is that he must have raped that trainer almost 2 decades ago. Totally ridiculous. 

I love how the media loves to go after any easy target rather then I don't examine why this other lady keeps changing her story as the years go by. 

It's like accusing someone of a heinous crime at a funeral. You just don't do it based on the circumstance & that woman was simply boosting her profile & stroking her own ego with torrid sensationalism IMO. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, Gramz said:

We obviously disagree.   I don't think it was the right time or place.   I don't think Peyton thought it was the right time or place,  but he handled it with grace, like he always does.

I don't have blinders on.   I think today should have been about celebrating his career, and not about anything else.   There is a time and place for everything.    

I agree 100%. There is a time and place for everything so why bring that crap up during his retirement speech? I have been watching First Take this week as well and that Prim girl filling in for Molly seems to be a Peyton hater. Makes me miss Molly. The Blond they have had on there is awesome with her takes. I am not going by her looks but her sports takes are really great. I haven't disagreed with her once. She should be on that show more. She respects Peyton a lot too.

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I completely disagree with what you said that I bolded. On a HOF QB's retirement, you celebrate what they learned, what they achieved, & what lessoned they accumulated along the way. Not Tennessee recycled news from 20 yrs ago designed exclusively to gain more attention or social media followers as a journalist. 

Do you think it would be appropriate to ask Brett Favre during his retirement day if he's still addicted to pain killers or would he have intimate relations with  Jenn Sterger as a member of the NY Jets if he knew his wife would never find out? No, it's completely out of bounds given the occasion being commemorated. 

I'd say the same thing when Tom Brady retires from football too. That day is about NFL milestones & bonds of brotherhood in the locker room not SpyGate or Deflate Gate. You have to know what a special day this is for an NFL athlete & not turn the festivities into TMZ tabloid trash just to increase online hits. 

I agree. When Tom retires the media should say, how do you feel about SpyGate and DeflateGate haha Yeah that is real cool. SARCASM

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. When Tom retires the media should say, how do you feel about SpyGate and DeflateGate haha Yeah that is real cool. SARCASM

Tommy, are you still uncertain if you are a cheater or not? Just checking....I kid; I kid. 

I might say that question to myself, but I would never ask it in real life. Because I would honor Brady's retirement & eventual HOF ceremony too. 

Let me put it this way, I hate everything Dallas Cowboys related since birth, but I respect HOF numbers & HOF achievements as individual players back in their heyday. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%. There is a time and place for everything so why bring that crap up during his retirement speech? I have been watching First Take this week as well and that Prim girl filling in for Molly seems to be a Peyton hater. Makes me miss Molly. The Blond they have had on there is awesome with her takes. I am not going by her looks but her sports takes are really great. I haven't disagreed with her once. She should be on that show more. She respects Peyton a lot too.

Yeah, I watched ESPN 1st Take today too with guest hosts on it, but that blond haired woman made me raise an eyebrow when she was talking about QB Brock Osweiler getting a pizza in AZ at 2 AM & she got upset when Brock pushed a woman out of the way. Look lady, he was trying to protect his wife & his friends from drunk hecklers. I don't condone unprovoked violence. It just bothered me when the woman said you can't shove a woman. So by definition, if a woman shoves a man that's always okay? Are you serious? 

I get what she was driving at. It's not a good look to be aggressive toward a woman. However, it does bother me when society acts like aggression toward a man by a woman is always justified. That's a double standard nobody ever talks about. 

Nothing against you my friend CBE. I just get bothered when a woman can say stuff like that & no one calls her on it. 

There was another host on today's show that was upset that Peyton didn't address the Tennessee allegations more thoroughly like he did so defiantly with the HGH rumors. I was like dude are you bleeping crazy man? Why would Manning open that pandora's box? You never, never give adversaries & angry zealots ammunition & free shots to assassinate your character you worked a lifetime to build. Why does everyone assume this athletic trainer is so reliable & impeccable while 18 is not? 

I loved Manning's answer. It was fantastic. It was the best "pipe that in your pipe & smoke it" answer I'd ever heard like a polite bird straight to that reporter & all the I have no proof liars out there. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, I watched ESPN 1st Take today too with guest hosts on it, but that blond haired woman made me raise an eyebrow when she was talking about QB Brock Osweiler getting a pizza in AZ at 2 AM & she got upset when Brock pushed a woman out of the way. Look lady, he was trying to protect his wife & his friends from drunk hecklers. I don't condone unprovoked violence. It just bothered me when the woman said you can't shove a woman. So by definition, if a woman shoves a man that's always okay? Are you serious? 

I get what she was driving at. It's not a good look to be aggressive toward a woman. However, it does bother me when society acts like aggression toward a man by a woman is always justified. That's a double standard nobody ever talks about. 

Nothing against you my friend CBE. I just get bothered when a woman can say stuff like that & no one calls her on it. 

There was another host on today's show that was upset that Peyton didn't address the Tennessee allegations more thoroughly like he did so defiantly with the HGH rumors. I was like dude are you bleeping crazy man? Why would Manning open that pandora's box? You never, never give adversaries & angry zealots ammunition & free shots to assassinate your character you worked a lifetime to build. Why does everyone assume this athletic trainer is so reliable & impeccable while 18 is not? 

I loved Manning's answer. It was fantastic. It was the best "pipe that in your pipe & smoke it" answer I'd ever heard like a polite bird straight to that reporter & all the I have no proof liars out there. 

That guy was 100% wrong. I don't like his takes or Prim dissing Peyton. On Monday Prim was acting funny about the Tennessee incident. The blond had Peyton's back. Regarding the Oz incident I missed their takes, I will have to go back and look.

In case you missed this,  a statement from Sandra Unitas:

In the days following my husband’s death in 2002, Peyton Manning sought permission from the NFL to wear high top shoes in the Indianapolis Colts’ next game, in honor of John Unitas. Though facing the possibility of a hefty fine, Manning opted to honor his predecessor. 

At one of the darkest moments in my life – and at a time when the sacrifices and successes of NFL pioneers often went unacknowledged – Peyton’s kind gesture, his thoughtful tribute, touched my heart. 

As I watched his retirement speech yesterday, I was again struck with emotion as Peyton related John's encouraging words following a Colts’ game against the Ravens in Baltimore. Knowing my husband as I did for more than 32 years, I can assure Peyton that old No. 19 is indeed “up there with his flat top and...his black high tops on” and that he is very proud of No. 18. 

In Manning, John recognized a man of similar character, someone who shared the same love for the game. Though generations apart as Colts’ quarterbacks, John Unitas was very proud that a young man like Peyton Manning followed in his footsteps. 

As Peyton’s NFL playing career comes to a close, I want to thank him for the respect he has for my husband and for the kindness he has shown to me and my family. I wish him all the best.

Sandra Unitas

Just now, Gramz said:

In case you missed this,  a statement from Sandra Unitas:

In the days following my husband’s death in 2002, Peyton Manning sought permission from the NFL to wear high top shoes in the Indianapolis Colts’ next game, in honor of John Unitas. Though facing the possibility of a hefty fine, Manning opted to honor his predecessor. 

At one of the darkest moments in my life – and at a time when the sacrifices and successes of NFL pioneers often went unacknowledged – Peyton’s kind gesture, his thoughtful tribute, touched my heart. 

As I watched his retirement speech yesterday, I was again struck with emotion as Peyton related John's encouraging words following a Colts’ game against the Ravens in Baltimore. Knowing my husband as I did for more than 32 years, I can assure Peyton that old No. 19 is indeed “up there with his flat top and...his black high tops on” and that he is very proud of No. 18. 

In Manning, John recognized a man of similar character, someone who shared the same love for the game. Though generations apart as Colts’ quarterbacks, John Unitas was very proud that a young man like Peyton Manning followed in his footsteps. 

As Peyton’s NFL playing career comes to a close, I want to thank him for the respect he has for my husband and for the kindness he has shown to me and my family. I wish him all the best.

Sandra Unitas

I remember that very well and had much respect for it.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They probably will mention it, actually...and I don't find that surprising at all.

It was very cool to see all the respect, love and adoration for Peyton on Monday. I can honestly say I was a little jealous. When I retire, I highly doubt anyone will even notice or care... Such is the life of IT in education...

But then again, I can't hold a candle to the accomplishments Manning has done outside of football.