Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where would you rank TY Hilton among top WRs?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think TY can be a top 5 receiver if Luck was able to stand in the pocket and go through his progressions. I said it in an earlier comment that Luck, TY and all of the receiving crew needs to practice timing patters and perfect them if possible. We have yet to see the possibilities that it could bring.

Thank God!!

It's been WEEKS since we last had this discussion!       I don't know how the members of this website managed to survive so long without someone asking whether T.Y. Hilton is indeed a top-10 receiver!

Oh, the Humanity!!

To bad we all can't get one dollar each time someone asks this question....     we'd all be rich!

8 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Hopkins is better in my opinion. Dude is a monster.

He's a good talent, but when youre the only good target on the team and you get the ball thrown to you 20 times a game(exaggerating) you're gonna put up numbers

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

1-Antonio Brown

2-Julio Jones

3-Dez Bryant

4-OBJ

5-Deandre Hopkins

6-Larry Fitz

7-Megatron

8-TY

9-DT

10-Mike Evans

This is just my opinion hopefully next year he will be top 5

AJ Green?

Allen Robinson?

14 minutes ago, James said:

AJ Green?

Allen Robinson?

Allen Robinson is good, but not top ten. Green has been somewhat inconsistent in his play. He's still a monster, but he doesn't seem to take over games and that's probably because there are more weapons now

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

He's a good talent, but when youre the only good target on the team and you get the ball thrown to you 20 times a game(exaggerating) you're gonna put up numbers

lmao
 It isn`t the numbers that makes him more valuable than TY, it is that he doesn`t have to be open to get him the ball. He makes the catch with guys all over him. You can count on him on 3rd down.
 TY is a pansy compared to Hopkins or most any other bigger receiver.

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

lmao
 It isn`t the numbers that makes him more valuable than TY, it is that he doesn`t have to be open to get him the ball. He makes the catch with guys all over him. You can count on him on 3rd down.
 TY is a pansy compared to Hopkins or most any other bigger receiver.

You obviously don't watch TY. I've seen him make catches while getting killed. He's not just a speedster, he's tough as hell

8 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

1-Antonio Brown

2-Julio Jones

3-Dez Bryant

4-OBJ

5-Deandre Hopkins

6-Larry Fitz

7-Megatron

8-TY

9-DT

10-Mike Evans

This is just my opinion hopefully next year he will be top 5

The funny things about this list... #1 DT is on it.  Most overrated receiver in the NFL bar none.  Sanders belongs on this list more than he does.

#2 Dez Bryant being higher than Hopkins is a laugh.

#3 No AJ Green makes this list questionable in itself

1-Antonio Brown

2-Julio Jones

3-Deandre Hopkins

4-OBJ

5-Dez Bryant

6-Larry Fitz

7-A.J. Green

8-Brandon Marshall

9-Allen Robinson

10-DT

11-Amari Cooper

12-Mike Evans

13-T.Y.

14-Megatron- Many may not agree with this, but he isn't the player that he once was.

15-Steve Smith

I think T.Y. is on the outside looking in at the top 10. Now last year he was easily a top 10 receiver this year was not quite the same without Luck. I think when Dorsett sees more playing time next year it will open up coverage for T.Y. more often.

5 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

1-Antonio Brown

2-Julio Jones

3-Deandre Hopkins

4-OBJ

5-Dez Bryant

6-Larry Fitz

7-A.J. Green

8-Brandon Marshall

9-Allen Robinson

10-DT

11-Amari Cooper

12-Mike Evans

13-T.Y.

14-Megatron- Many may not agree with this, but he isn't the player that he once was.

15-Steve Smith

I think T.Y. is on the outside looking in at the top 10. Now last year he was easily a top 10 receiver this year was not quite the same without Luck. I think when Dorsett sees more playing time next year it will open up coverage for T.Y. more often.

No way is DT Robinson Cooper or Evans better. I also don't get why Hopkins is so high. He is not a top 3 wr

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No way is DT Robinson Cooper or Evans better. I also don't get why Hopkins is so high. He is not a top 3 wr

That is your opinion. In my opinion Hopkins is a top 3 WR he proved it this year going against #1 CBs. Robinson was easily better than Hilton this last season. Cooper is just starting the maturation of what he is going to become. Evans is pretty close. I would even say it is pretty much a draw.

I'd say he's closer to the bottom of the elite WR group which is a very outstanding group and not a knock against him. I can think of many #1's better than him. Luckily we have Moncrief and hopefully Dorsett too so hopefully we can be like Pitt, NYJ, and Den who all have great WR groups

Just now, SDakColts said:

That is your opinion. In my opinion Hopkins is a top 3 WR he proved it this year going against #1 CBs. Robinson was easily better than Hilton this last season. Cooper is just starting the maturation of what he is going to become. Evans is pretty close. I would even say it is pretty much a draw.

So you're comparing one good season by Hopkins and Robinson to Hilton three 1000 yard seasons, two pro bowls, one getting there without luck

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Name me 15 better wrs

Antonio Brown

Brandon Marshall

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

DeAndre Hopkins

Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

AJ Green

Odell Beckham Jr.

A healthy Jordy Nelson

That puts him out of the top 10.  I said he's top 15, but not top 10.  You could also make a case for Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper, and a few others.  Don't take this as a knock on Hilton.  I like Hilton and think he's a really good receiver.  I just don't see him as a top 10 WR

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You obviously don't watch TY. I've seen him make catches while getting killed. He's not just a speedster, he's tough as hell

Don`t watch TY. How ridiculous. Of course you have seen him get hammered Occasionally.
Andrew has to wait for his receivers to make their breaks before he will throw it so the DB`s get to recover, therefore our receivers anticipate quick contact when the ball arrives, almost always higher rather than low.
 TY a week in and week out Tough player. Nope. He has way to many bad weeks thrown in with some
   Big yardage no TD games. Get me in the End Zone please.
   Getting in the Pro Bowl back door is a Joke nowadays.

23 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

The one without luck was also because numerous selections did not want to go.  Unless you are an original Pro-Bowl pick it is a joke.  I like TY but we over paid him hands down.  IMO he is a top 10 but I would not say top 5.  

Only Fitz didn't wanna go

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Antonio Brown

Brandon Marshall

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

DeAndre Hopkins

Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

AJ Green

Odell Beckham Jr.

A healthy Jordy Nelson

That puts him out of the top 10.  I said he's top 15, but not top 10.  You could also make a case for Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Amari Cooper, and a few others.  Don't take this as a knock on Hilton.  I like Hilton and think he's a really good receiver.  I just don't see him as a top 10 WR

The fact you put Fitz and cal when their at the ends of their career is enough to put him ahead of them. You're telling me you rather have Fitz or cal for at most 3 good years then Hilton for ten

55 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You kids that are Always talking about Top 10 defense, top ___  projections are so full of it, grow up.
  It is just opinion and there is no way you have enough info/knowledge to barely have a Clue!
 I forgot to add Randall Cobb to my list of players i would rather have than TY. That makes 15.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

You kids that are Always talking about Top 10 defense, top ___  projections are so full of it, grow up.
  It is just opinion and there is no way you have enough info/knowledge to barely have a Clue!
 I forgot to add Randall Cobb to my list of players i would rather have than TY. That makes 15.

And now you question my knowledge. Apparently you are too mature for me since I'm a stupid 25 year old kid

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The fact you put Fitz and cal when their at the ends of their career is enough to put him ahead of them. You're telling me you rather have Fitz or cal for at most 3 good years then Hilton for ten

Just because they are at the ends of their careers doesn't mean that their production last season isn't enough to justify them being above T.Y. Top 10 lists are not based off of how old you are. They are based off of production. If I remember right Fitz had an incredible year this year, so I don't see why him being above T.Y. is a problem. Now Megatron you can see him slowing down compared to what he was.

Really this all boils down to opinions. You obviously believe that T.Y. is a top 10 WR, and that is fine, but to question others with differing opinions isn't right either. I think we can all agree T.Y. is a good WR. Top 15 is good, and what is the big deal over being 8 on one list to top 15 on another? This is just opinions we aren't stating facts.

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I feel like im the only one that appreciates what Hilton brings to the table

I definitely appreciate Hilton but I can still say we over paid him.  If he has 1,200 yards and 10 TD's a year with 80 or so catches over the next two years plus then I will personally apologize for this post and I hope he does.