Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where would you rank TY Hilton among top WRs?

RockThatBlue

On 2/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, CR91 said:

hilton had more yards in 2014 then robinson in 2015 while missing two games so no youre wrong and green has been inconsistent to me. 

dude, chill out.  Saying which player you felt had a more successful season is subjective (ie. matter of opinion) and most would probably take more than just yardage into consideration when making that determination.  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

dude, chill out.  Saying which player you felt had a more successful season is subjective (ie. matter of opinion) and most would probably take more than just yardage into consideration when making that determination.  

He brought up yards and he was wrong. No one has a problem pointing out when I'm wrong

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He brought up yards and he was wrong. No one has a problem pointing out when I'm wrong

Where?

Here is his exact quote that you responded to:

Allen Robinson's last season is better than any season Hilton has had. Green has proven to be better than Hilton too.

The word "yards" doesn't even appear in his post.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

His season is basically referring to yards tds etc. What is season suppose to mean

that's YOUR interpretation of "successful season".  Maybe you should ask James specifically what he meant.  He could have also been factoring in catches per target, yards per catch, receiving TDs, drops, blocking ability etc.  There's a lot more to grading a receiver than just looking at how many yards he had.

10 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

that's YOUR interpretation of "successful season".  Maybe you should ask James specifically what he meant.  He could have also been factoring in catches per target, yards per catch, receiving TDs, drops, blocking ability etc.  There's a lot more to grading a receiver than just looking at how many yards he had.

You can't be serious. I'm not wasting my time on this stupid argument you're trying to make. Have a good day

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You can't be serious. I'm not wasting my time on this stupid argument you're trying to make. Have a good day

do you rank QBs only in terms of how many yards they pass for?  of course not...at least I'd hope not.

On 2/22/2016 at 10:52 AM, DaColts85 said:

I definitely appreciate Hilton but I can still say we over paid him.  If he has 1,200 yards and 10 TD's a year with 80 or so catches over the next two years plus then I will personally apologize for this post and I hope he does.    

He played 9 games with backup QBs. The other 7 with a great QB who wasn't playing very well. And he still had over 1,100 yards.

He got the same money as Jeremy Maclin, just an extra year.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

He played 9 games with backup QBs. The other 7 with a great QB who wasn't playing very well. And he still had over 1,100 yards.

He got the same money as Jeremy Maclin, just an extra year.

And I would say the same for Macklin.  I love TY but that is a high price in my eyes plus Macklin getting that money proves that he is over paid as well.  They are just shy of Dez and DT money.  I do not want to see TY in any other jersey than the Colts so as long as he keeps producing it is well worth it.  I hope the new offense allows him to have shallow routes though.

I would say top 20.  Big athletic recievers are more valuable in the NFL in most cases. I love TY but with the season our offense had last year TY's stock dropped even if not his fault. 

I would still put guys like Hopkins, Jeffery, Robinson, Watkins, and Cooper ahead of him right now.

I would rank him around guys like Evans, Allen, and Cooks. 

Hopefully our offense will explode this season and TY will have a great season and bust the top 10.

Go Colts!!!