Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh (+7) @ Denver (1-17-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Remember when Peyton was washed up and would go out 1-and-done?

De-fense.

De-fense.

He really only had one bad pass tonight that SHOULD have been picked, but Sanders made a good defensive play after he got beat on the route. Other than that and a few overthrows he played well. If receivers could catch a cold his numbers would have looked a lot better.

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I am glad this game is over...   It wasn't pretty,  but a Win is a Win.  

Thanks @buffalo34 for all your support   haha        I'm okay with your sarcasm.

And to:

@Fx Stryker @oldunclemark @jvan1973 @Susie Q @bayone @2006Coltsbestever  @ManningFANin FLand anyone else I'm leaving out.

THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE.  

Whatever I can do to help!

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The way Denver has failed to tackle and can't cover the crossing routes...I mean that's NEs bread and butter. Denver has to play better in all facets if they want to win next week.

I thought the same, but let's be hopeful.  I don't think I can watch another Super Bowl if the Patriots are the AFC champs. Go Broncos!

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess the folks who said Peyton would never start another game and would go 1-and-done in the playoffs are having a power failure and cant post their 'I was wrong' statements

It's okay Mark...  Let's just concentrate on the Win...    

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess the folks who said Peyton would never start another game and would go 1-and-done in the playoffs are having a power failure and cant post their 'I was wrong' statements

They'll go as far as that D can take them.

Hopefully he can ride it in to the sunset. Tall order.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

For the love of Gawd mark, enjoy the win and stop caring what others think.

It will be a good game next weekend.

But, man I wish I had a scrappy underdog team to root for in the playoffs left.........

Now well see if Manning can avoid the critical mistakes and Denver O can score enough to beat the Pats. Patriots wI'll be putting up 7pts when then score, not 3. And they don't make critical mistakes or shoot themselves in the foot. They seem to always execute best when it matters most.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

For the love of Gawd mark, enjoy the win and stop caring what others think.

It will be a good game next weekend.

But, man I wish I had a scrappy underdog team to root for in the playoffs left.........

I know..I've just heard it for a long long time

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Boy, I hope not. I enjoy the SB more when there's a team to root for.

I doubt I get one this year. I was going to pull for the Cards but I kinda feel sad over GB losing. I might just watch and well go for the pure entertainment. I got no real horse in the race anymore.

15 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

He really only had one bad pass tonight that SHOULD have been picked, but Sanders made a good defensive play after he got beat on the route. Other than that and a few overthrows he played well. If receivers could catch a cold his numbers would have looked a lot better.

He played a decent game.  Not a great game, but a decent game.  I would put it on par with Carson Palmer's game last night.  If his receivers had caught some balls that he put in their hands, this probably would have been a comfortable victory.  However, if Sanders had not made a GREAT defensive play to break up that interception, the story would be either how Manning choked in the postseason again or how Manning just doesn't have what it takes to play in this league anymore.  If McManus isn't 5/5 on his field goal attempts with four of those being from 40+ yards, same deal.  So many plays that are beyond the control of the QB that are the difference between the QB being the hero that led his team to victory or a washed up has been.  Silly when you think about it.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Well to be fair......next week is the BIG game. And the SB after if Denver wins. It is going to get really really real now.

It's far from over. All the teams left are the top seeds and can all win it all.

Don't worry about what people say, just enjoy the win for a few days.

Let it Go....    We've seen how unflattering it is to Gloat..  

I'm just happy for Peyton that Denver didn't go one and done...  and Hoping they get their act together a little better for next week.  

Just now, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Let it Go....    We've seen how unflattering it is to Gloat..  

I'm just happy for Peyton that Denver didn't go one and done...  and Hoping they get their act together a little better for next week.  

I know what you're saying but one question...

If Denver had lost.....do you think our 1-and-doners would have let it go?

The guy got kicked when he was down...but the Sheriff rides again

Just now, oldunclemark said:

By the way, Ben played very well...If he was hurt, he never showed it..

I was impressed by Ben but they could not get the TD they needed for most of the game. I think he did well pushing through all that. 

I know what you're saying but one question...

If Denver had lost.....do you think our 1-and-doners would have let it go?

The guy got kicked when he was down...but the Sheriff rides again

No, but you have to rise above it.    You can't control how others act, but you can control how you act.

Hey  The team we wanted to win,  won.  Be happy.  

On 1/16/2016 at 11:04 AM, Surge89 said:

Sammie Coats and Wheaton will need to come up huge if Pitt wins.  I don't think they do and Manning comes out flat but wins anyways.  Manning needed more time to get in rhythm I don't think he got it.  

If Manning comes out flat and wins whomever plays him on the AFC champ game better watch out.  I expect a lame duck 1st quarter and then the Manning that broke records shows up and puts 35 easy in 3 quarters.

Oh boy it's happening. NE better watch out!