Pittsburgh (+7) @ Denver (1-17-16)

oldunclemark

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Their line isn't much better than the Colts. line.  :popcorn:

seems crazy but the colts line is not in the bottom 5.   its probably  close to middle of the pack if fully healthy and actually playing the best 5 guys, which for some reason doesn't happen as much as you would think

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

That pass was thrown up to the moon, IT WASN"T CATCHABLE!

And now the #1 defense is getting torched again.

Time for this game to be put away.

cynicism aside, denver looks likes crap and they are the only afc team with a chance to knock off the pats

its frustrating, hopefully they can get something going here 

5 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yup. One Play. Don't Play stubborn please, we're both watching the same game here. 

Yeah,    you said he can't throw past 10 yards.   He has done that multiple times today.  Don't exaggerate,  please we are watching the same game

Just now, oldunclemark said:

They've got to close up late in the game like this...

Make Ben wait and try deep....you might get beat but hey, they're getting beat anyway

Yeah. Their only prayer at this point is to force PIT in to a fumble/INT and return it for a TD. I don't trust the offense to score a TD even if they started a drive from PIT's goal line.

6 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

The strongest arm in the world means squat when the receiver is going to drop it anyway.

Manning had some misses, but still a better option than Brock tonight.

I get that.  Like I said, it hasn't been all Manning or even mostly Manning.  I look back to the last game of the season when the team was struggling with Osweiler at QB.  The struggles really had nothing to do with Osweiler, and yet the team seemed to settle down and correct some of their errors when they switched over to Manning.  Maybe getting a QB in there whose passes can cut through the wind a bit better would help to get the team into a better rhythm.

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,    you said he can't throw past 10 yards.   He has done that multiple times today.  Don't exaggerate,  please we are watching the same game

Yeah you're right, he can throw it 10 yards. Just not accurately, or consistently. So basically the only things that matter. Denver can only score a td if Manning gets it at the 1 yard line. They can only score a fg if Manning gets it in the Steelers side of the field. Obviously youre not watching the same game. 

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yeah you're right, he can throw it 10 yards. Just not accurately, or consistently. So basically the only things that matter. Denver can only score a td if Manning gets it at the 1 yard line. They can only score a fg if Manning gets it in the Steelers side of the field. Obviously youre not watching the same game. 

I guess not.   The one I'm watching has seen a ton of drops.    

Just now, JCPatriot said:

I get that.  Like I said, it hasn't been all Manning or even mostly Manning.  I look back to the last game of the season when the team was struggling with Osweiler at QB.  The struggles really had nothing to do with Osweiler, and yet the team seemed to settle down and correct some of their errors when they switched over to Manning.  Maybe getting a QB in there whose passes can cut through the wind a bit better would help to get the team into a better rhythm.

I can see that. I don't think pulling Brock was the right thing to do because he didn't do anything to deserve being benched. His receivers and line caused 90% of Denver's problems against San Diego.

That being said, I don't think any QB in the league would have success with this offense given the talent/softness of the receivers and line. Not to mention the atrocious Kubiak system. Even the best QB's  in the league like Rodgers/Brady/Newton would struggle. Maybe Rodgers and Newton could bring something to the table with scrambling ability but I dunno.

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

15 yards in the air right there.