Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Classless Bengals Fans

Nesjan3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Michigan_Colts_Fan said:

At least the Bengals coaching staff isn't knuckleheads like their players.  That's more than you can say for the Steelers.  Munchak and Porter need to be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.  Coaches are supposed to defuse situations not escalate them, but both of those guys still think they're players and try to stir things up more.  Absolutely despicable for a coaching staff to behave like that too. 

I would say you are right only the Steelers players were not angels I think some of those calls should have been offsetting fouls. What really makes me mad here and tells me this game was fixed is that Shazier can lead with the crown of his helmet and not get a flag but as soon as a Bengal player has accidental contact with the shoulder is the head there is the flag.

22 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I would say you are right only the Steelers players were not angels I think some of those calls should have been offsetting fouls. What really makes me mad here and tells me this game was fixed is that Shazier can lead with the crown of his helmet and not get a flag but as soon as a Bengal player has accidental contact with the shoulder is the head there is the flag.

Shazier hit was legal because the Cincy receiver caught the ball and turned and became a runner. He was no longer defenseless so helmet contact can be made. Brown was defenseless as he did not have the ball when his head was hit. Both plays were called correctly by the refs.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Shazier hit was legal because the Cincy receiver caught the ball and turned and became a runner. He was no longer defenseless so helmet contact can be made. Brown was defenseless as he did not have the ball when his head was hit. Both plays were called correctly by the refs.

The Shazier hit should have been spearing , in my opinion.

Or is that not a penalty anymore?  Not sure.

Just now, ViriLudant said:

The Shazier hit should have been spearing , in my opinion.

Or is that not a penalty anymore?  Not sure.

He did not spear as the runner was up right and they both lowered than heads and made contact. Spearing is called when the player is on the ground and defender leads with helmet to hit him.

And this really is the issue the NFL has with head hits. They happen and will happen no matter how many rules you put in place.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

He did not spear as the runner was up right and they both lowered than heads and made contact. Spearing is called when the player is on the ground and defender leads with helmet to hit him.

And this really is the issue the NFL has with head hits. They happen and will happen no matter how many rules you put in place.

No, that's not what spearing is:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nfl/spearing.aspx

And to the Bengals players that simply played the game too bad Cincy has a psycho boy they knew was a nut case when he was at Arizona. They hired him thinking despite his jail bound personality to win. How did that work out? The NFL teams will hire serial killers to get a winning team and they say everything but the truth about these misfits. Well, last night Cincy got what they paid for too bad their fans have to suffer. 

After the Chiefs-Texans game, this game was incredible. As far as fan outrage goes, it reminded me of the Cardinals-Braves game a few years ago in the MLB. It wasn't surprising to see that happening... The team at that particular moment was down 15-0, a beloved player had been seriously injured. 

After 6 straight playoff losses, the fans (and Burfict) simply lost control of their emotions. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering... Queen city is suffering this morning.

41 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Most people who watch football know those first 2 sentences are absolutely wrong.

The hit on Bernard was worse than the hit on Bryant (think that's who it was) earlier in the game. Bryant caught the ball, turned, took two steps and got hit. Ref's called Bengals for hitting a defenseless receiver. Bernard did the same thing, catch, turn, take 2 steps, get hit. Difference was Bernard hit was a helmet driven into his face. 

It was coming from both sides of the field!  Munchak trying to toss player to ground via his hair?   Shazier being himself .... Porter running onto field late to argue and curse at players?   The entire game was a pathetic example of sportsmanship. 

IMO if this game had been in Pittsburgh and it was an opposite on the field - their fans would have been tossing water bottles .... its the nature of this inhumane beast that is now America!   Its "in" to be a THUG!   Heck you can be dumb as a box of rocks, but if you can run fast and jump high, etc etc you can make millions and run around acting like a fool..... SAD SAD SAD state of affairs all around!

4 minutes ago, hawkeyes said:

It was coming from both sides of the field!  Munchak trying to toss player to ground via his hair? 

Hawk..You've got one thing wrong. Munchak was trying t hold that guy up as he was about to fall...He just caught him by his hair and the player misunderstood what the coach was doing.

Cut your hair, son

This was a typical AFC North rivalry game ramped up even more by the playoffs. The only good thing for me is one of these two teams had to lose ! I like Marvin Lewis, but how much longer can you keep him ? We all know about Tripping Tomlin, not to be confused by leg in the air to the mid section Brady ! Both fan bases are obnoxious , not like classy Ravens fans who are the pillar of the AFC North ! Lol. Actually , I agree with other posters, we all have eight balls in our fan bases . 

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Hawk..You've got one thing wrong. Munchak was trying t hold that guy up as he was about to fall...He just caught him by his hair and the player misunderstood what the coach was doing.

Cut your hair, son

I agree he needs a hair cut and for that matter every player who wears it like that.... but it was more than a coach trying to hold up a player.   The replay IMO clearly shows Muchchak making an attempt to toss / throw / pull Nelson aside by he arm and subsequent hair which got in the way. 

I enjoyed every minute of it to be honest. Old school, gritty, no love lost football. The NFL has become so soft nowadays that seeing two teams that actually hate each other go out and throw down was refreshing.

And let's be honest, this isn't the first time an injured player has been boo'd and spit at. It happens all the time.

Reminds me of Islanders/Rangers hockey game back in the late 80's or early 90's. A Nasty NY rivalry which typically had multiple fights in the stands. Goalie Mark Fitzpatrick played for the Islanders and the game was at MSG, home of the Rangers. He's coming off the ice after warm ups and a kid asks him for a puck, so Fitzpatrick obliges the kid and flips him a puck. He walks toward the tunnel and feels something hit him in the back. The kid threw the puck at him. 

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

I think Murphy's Law will always apply to the Bengals forevermore whenever they make the playoffs. 

Like the Red Sox, they will win eventually. Too much talent on that team for that not to happen eventually. For selfish reasons, I hope this loss helps implode the team and they return to the more favored Bengals !

14 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Like the Red Sox, they will win eventually. Too much talent on that team for that not to happen eventually. For selfish reasons, I hope this loss helps implode the team and they return to the more favored Bengals !

Or, the Bengals could be the Cubs.

6 hours ago, amfootball said:

If it was facemask to facemask hit, you are right.  But it was crown of helmet to facemask, and a peronal foul penalty, ever since the year they tossed the Tuck Rule (2013) as an additional safety rule to reduce concussion producing infractions.

NEW RULE: A ban on a ball carrier initiating contact with the crown of his helmet in the open field or by a defender while making a tackle.

What the rule changes: A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box

Crown of helmet in Head/Neck area of runner-

crown%20hit5_zpsl4nztahg.jpg

Snaps runners head on impact to runner facemask with crown of helmet-

crown%20hit6_zpsx72w5dqf.jpg

I've collected a set of images and video clips to send to Dean Blandino as a fan concerned with the leagues consistent (or lack of) enforcement of their own safety rules.  I've no dog in the hunts, as I don't like either team, and like the Steelers slightly above the Bengals.

On 1/10/2016 at 6:40 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

It was a completely clean tackle unlike Shazier's intentional head hunting hit on Bernard.

That is what got the Cincy fans and players so riled, Shaz intentionally went helmet to helmet on Bernard (even lead with the crown of his helmet) and no flag.  And then the announcers on TV and worthless Mike Carey are saying well, he turned and wasn't a defenseless receiver that's why no flag was thrown.  What??? it doesn't matter if he's a defenseless receiver, you still can't go helmet to helmet on purpose.

And then because the Burfict penalty didn't guarantee the kicker would make it, they threw a flag on Jones for another 15 yards but then just pushed Porter back.

I don't blame Cincy at all for their reaction.  Burfict had to be thinking, if they are not going to call Shazier for his obvious and intentional helmet to helmet hit then they are not going to call a less vicious hit.

This game was intense throughout.  My only comment is the lack of discipline on these two football teams.  Coach?  Players?  Both if you ask me.

As dirty of a football game that I have seen in a long time.

I would have been more upset if our FG kicker shanked a 25 yrd field goal.  Just sayin....

Just heard reports that a couple B-guls fans were arrested for punching several women in the face after the game and two other men were arrested after the game after picking fights with  Steeler fans and then urinating on them while they lay bleeding. This is why I refused to ever step foot in that "Jungle."

9 minutes ago, buck_hunter21 said:

Just heard reports that a couple B-guls fans were arrested for punching several women in the face after the game and two other men were arrested after the game after picking fights with  Steeler fans and then urinating on them while they lay bleeding. This is why I refused to ever step foot in that "Jungle."

Link?

1 hour ago, buck_hunter21 said:

A lot of that was steelers fans

1 hour ago, buck_hunter21 said:

Harsh. Being the old man that I am I just stay at home and watch the games in peace and chat with you guys. Eat wings and drink a couple of drinks. Don't have to fight traffic either.

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

Thanks for the link. I was listening to 700WLW and they were talking about it, that's what I was going off of. A lot of the guys on 700 were saying the scene down there was terrible on both sides. A lot of people called in saying they were at the game and were embarrassed when they saw trash being thrown on Big Ben as he was carted off.