Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton benched:

coltsfansince65

17 INT:9TD. Skills are gone.

QB to me is fitting into the system.....

Peyton is adjusting to a new system but now there's another problem.. He cant take 16 weeks of hits anymore.

For one game, after a bye lets say.... he can be as good as he ever was but it looks like he cant be what he was every week...

this was one of those weeks...

QB to me is fitting into the system.....Peyton is adjusting to a new system but now there's another problem.. He cant take 16 weeks of hits anymore.For one game, after a bye lets say.... he can be as good as he ever was but it looks like he cant be what he was every week...this was one of those weeks...

I just dont see the throws anymore. There are 30 other QB better than Peyton and that includes Matt Hasselbeck.

If he has it mentally then he should be able to understand kube's offense. If he has it physically then he should be able to make the throws that every qb makes. He has neither.

I'm sure he can understand Kubiak's offense. It's just difficult to do something completely new when you've been doing something one way for 18 years.

I just dont see the throws anymore. There are 30 other QB better than Peyton and that includes Matt Hasselbeck.

No. 2 weeks ago against GB..he hit everybody in stride...340 yards passing..but he doesn't

recover in a week after a hard game

You know what I'm saying: To me football players don't retire because they cant do what

they once did in any game. They retire because they cant do what they once did in EVERY game for

16 weeks..the old body wont let them.

I'm worried that's where Peyton is.

I;m hoping against hope he has a couple of games left in him for January

I'm sure he can understand Kubiak's offense. It's just difficult to do something completely new when you've been doing something one way for 18 years.

His decline started before Kubiak. He was awful at the end of last year.

If he has it mentally then he should be able to understand kube's offense. If he has it physically then he should be able to make the throws that every qb makes. He has neither.

You make it sound so easy.... ever QB before?

I am sure there are a ton of intricate details that goes on with this role.   Peyton has done this a certain way for more than a decade then switch it up in a matter of months??  All I am saying is he still has it mentally.

A QB is only as good as his OLINE.  How is Rodgers doing? He has had two losses - you think he has lost it mentally or physically?

I am sure there are a ton of intricate details that goes on with this role.   Peyton has done this a certain way for more than a decade then switch it up in a matter of months??  All I am saying is he still has it mentally.

A QB is only as good as his OLINE.  How is Rodgers doing? He has had two losses - you think he has lost it mentally or physically?

Make that 3 in a row - Packers losses to Broncos, Panthers and now Lions

No. 2 weeks ago against GB..he hit everybody in stride...340 yards passing..but he doesn'trecover in a week after a hard gameYou know what I'm saying: To me football players don't retire because they cant do whatthey once did in any game. They retire because they cant do what they once did in EVERY game for16 weeks..the old body wont let them.I'm worried that's where Peyton is.I;m hoping against hope he has a couple of games left in him for January

That's it, brother fan. Right on the dime. And to those who question Peyton's "mental" ability to understand a former mediocre QB's strategy as Kubiak, I really hope there's ... well ... hope for you people. Peyton Manning's football knowledge, strategy, mental ability runs circles around most ALL coaches in the NFL today. If you don't know that, you don't know Peyton Manning.

Its all contributing...He has 4 new O-linemen so he gets hit more..harder to recover from the hits..new offense..new tight ends.

A big gamble would be to sit him up here in Chicgao next week. and bring him back vs. NE in 2 weeks...

..If he's beaten up...give him a bye' week. Put him in the bullpen and if Brock cant cut it...bring Peyton on in the 3rd Q.

Might work

That's it, brother fan. Right on the dime. And to those who question Peyton's "mental" ability to understand a former mediocre QB's strategy as Kubiak, I really hope there's ... well ... hope for you people. Peyton Manning's football knowledge, strategy, mental ability runs circles around most ALL coaches in the NFL today. If you don't know that, you don't know Peyton Manning.

Remember last week in Indy when he rolled left and threw a 40-yard pass over the top to Owen Daniels?

That is a Kubiak play.....the roll left, throw right...That's a very difficult play to execute..

Peyton knows all about what to do ..his body let him down this week and Kubiak was smart to pull him.

Thinking about how well, he played the last 2 weeks after the bye, I'd gamble on Brock to beat the Bears..

...and bring back a healthy Peyton to take on the Patriots.

He proved what he can still do against Green Bay

Its all contributing...He has 4 new O-linemen so he gets hit more..harder to recover from the hits..new offense..new tight ends.A big gamble would be to sit him up here in Chicgao next week. and bring him back vs. NE in 2 weeks.....If he's beaten up...give him a bye' week. Put him in the bullpen and if Brock cant cut it...bring Peyton on in the 3rd Q.Might work

You know what? I've never been too much of a fan of hot & cold running QB rotation. However, in this case, it makes perfect sense to me. That's a very good idea for Denver, OUM. It is a big gamble to sit him @ Bears, and then ask him to win cold turkey (his recent play) against the Patriots. So, I can see this scenario that you've suggested. I like it. Denver should, too.

I think a huge part of it is the foot injury, I went back and watched and he is not able to plant that front foot I don't think consistently and I think he is trying to compensate by trying to put a little extra on his throws. Peyton does not get fooled often

Peyton can still get you with the play action passing game. Problem is they have screwed him with two bad running backs. And on top of that they have offensive line problems so you really have no access to the play action game because nobody respects their runners. This forces him to stand back in the pocket in obvious passing downs with guys knowing he can't push the ball down the field so everybody just sits on his routes knowing what is coming. It's even worse for him because they can't pass block.

A few things that need to happen in my opinion along with a couple things that should have never happened: 

1.Peytons injuries need to be evaluated to see if he should even be out there playing...Kubiak even said he probably should not have been out their, Ill say this again...He is not getting beat mentally....He is being beat physically. We all know he has never had an elite arm and throws wobblers..That goes back since at least his rookie year and probably college

2.People will blame Peyton and deservedly so to an extent but in my opinion a bigger chunk of the blame falls on Kubiak and especially Elway. It does not take a very knowledgeable football fan to know that Manning is not a mobile QB... moreso now then ever, Why did Elway bring in a O Coordinator whos staple of his offense revolves around having a QB that can roll out of the pocket...That's not Peyton and never has been Peyton. You want to win? You do it his way, He has earned the right to call the shots on offense and not to have a coach calling the plays and he was doing it at an all pro level just last year...Why change what was clearly working?

3.If Peyton does return next year get the man some help in the form of a better TE and interior O Linemen and another WR

Deion said last night that he should have retired, like Ali, Tyson, Holyfield should have and that it hurt to see them keep going. I believe it was dw49 that had made the boxing analogy in the off-season about how boxers lose their ability quickly so just wanted to call that out as it was a great analogy and one that Deion used last night to describe the situation.

All I know is, every time Kubiak gets his hands on a qb, they end up bums. Shaub actually was good at 1 point...so was Peyton. People should look to the common denominator of stuff like this. No way all of a sudden he's this terrible. Looks exactly like the other qbs Kubiak had, Int after int...

A few things that need to happen in my opinion along with a couple things that should have never happened:

1.Peytons injuries need to be evaluated to see if he should even be out there playing...Kubiak even said he probably should not have been out their, Ill say this again...He is not getting beat mentally....He is being beat physically. We all know he has never had an elite arm and throws wobblers..That goes back since at least his rookie year and probably college

2.People will blame Peyton and deservedly so to an extent but in my opinion a bigger chunk of the blame falls on Kubiak and especially Elway. It does not take a very knowledgeable football fan to know that Manning is not a mobile QB... moreso now then ever, Why did Elway bring in a O Coordinator whos staple of his offense revolves around having a QB that can roll out of the pocket...That's not Peyton and never has been Peyton. You want to win? You do it his way, He has earned the right to call the shots on offense and not to have a coach calling the plays and he was doing it at an all pro level just last year...Why change what was clearly working?

3.If Peyton does return next year get the man some help in the form of a better TE and interior O Linemen and another WR

The system is clearly there for Osweiler. I think they full well know if it doesnt happen this year they are moving on. Peyton could make due with what they have if they did not screw him over at the RB position and the added O line problems after Clady went down. I haven't seen where they roll Peyton out much anyways. His health and lack of arm strength as it stands right now make him look bad even when playing to a style that suits him.

I wish I could find it, but It was a month or so ago when he was having issues that I was afraid he would end up getting benched for the season eventually and not be able to finish his career like he wants.  It was on that topic about Manning losing feeling in his hand, so I was thinking if it gets any more progressive he wont be able to play out the season.

So when will (if it ever does) this kind of deterioration ever happen to Brady?

2 years.  It will begin next year.  Brady's career has followed Manning's remarkably closely, hitting each of his individual milestones about 2-3 years later.  There is no reason to believe this one, the decline, will be any different.

All I know is, every time Kubiak gets his hands on a qb, they end up bums. Shaub actually was good at 1 point...so was Peyton. People should look to the common denominator of stuff like this. No way all of a sudden he's this terrible. Looks exactly like the other qbs Kubiak had, Int after int...

He has basically taken away everything that made Manning the best ever.  Calling all of the plays at the line to gain tactical advantages? Gone.  Obsessive preparation and practice including coaching the receivers? Gone.  No huddle offense putting constant pressure on the defense? Gone.