Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In defense of Andre

Dickerson29

I haven't seen anyone post this, so I thought I would. Much has been made of AJ not contributing much since he's been here and most of the talk is centered on his ability or inability to get separation. The truth of the matter is that for AJ to effective, the quarterback has to be accurate!! He game is built on positioning, Like a power forward or center in hoops, when he has the defender pinned he has to receive the ball in the right place to have a clean entry. When the ball is behind him or not on time, you have a disconnect. Ironically that was one of the reasons AJ wanted to come to Indy was to play with a top flight QB, he had never had that. In another post on here someone timed Lucks throws at 3.2 secs and that's late. Our QB is in a slump for several reasons and we all hope he comes out, but these things need to be added to his game imo.many people say that when he is ready to throw the recievers still have their backs to him, He has to make anticapated throws, Peyton has made a living on that!!! When the reciever turns the ball has to be there. That ten yard back shoulder throw Peyton use to throw to Reggie, unstoppable. I guess that's coaching and spending hours working with your recievers. Thats the kinda thing AJ hoped he would get here. Not trying to start a fight just the other side of the story. Our qb has to learn to throw his guys open and then he wont have to hold the ball so long!!

For the most part, All Luck knows is Hilton and Moncrief. If they aren't open right away this year he seems to get confused. His 2nd INT, AJ was open but Luck tried to squeeze it into Moncrief. If you were to go back and watch the All 22 I'm sure there will be plenty of plays where AJ, Allen, Fleener or even a dump to the RB is available. Luck just sucks this year. Ppl can continue to blame the line, Pep or whoever else. At the end of the day, Luck is not getting it done.

For the most part, All Luck knows is Hilton and Moncrief. If they aren't open right away this year he seems to get confused. His 2nd INT, AJ was open but Luck tried to squeeze it into Moncrief. If you were to go back and watch the All 22 I'm sure there will be plenty of plays where AJ, Allen, Fleener or even a dump to the RB is available. Luck just sucks this year. Ppl can continue to blame the line, Pep or whoever else. At the end of the day, Luck is not getting it done.

I blame luck for his INTS and lack of vision but this playcalling is atrocious why didn't we run the same offense Mh got to run while luck was out..? Something doesn't seem right and pep is the reason for that

I blame luck for his INTS and lack of vision but this playcalling is atrocious why didn't we run the same offense Mh got to run while luck was out..? Something doesn't seem right and pep is the reason for that

I blame Pep and Luck. I believe that some of the quick passes are being called but Luck pre-decides who he's going to. He's not reading defense well at all

I blame Pep and Luck. I believe that some of the quick passes are being called but Luck pre-decides who he's going to. He's not reading defense well at all

hes anticipating being hit to me and just throwing it..like common sense is to move the pocket for him like they did MH yet we've yet to see that this season at all with him..idk how you only gamplan to help your backup qb not get hit instead of your starter

Andrew is timid.  IMO he's still got aches, whether shoulder or rib.  He's locked onto TY and Moncrief.  Learn from Peyton.  When he was here he delivered the ball in under 2 seconds.  Slants, hitches, fades to TE's, backs and WRs.  Now we get 5-7 step drops and long waits before delivering the bal.. The Pats do the quick passes all the time.  We need a better OC.  Just saw that Lions fired OC and OLine coaches.  pay attention Irsay!

hes anticipating being hit to me and just throwing it..like common sense is to move the pocket for him like they did MH yet we've yet to see that this season at all with him..idk how you only gamplan to help your backup qb not get hit instead of your starter

Pep def should be canned no doubt

I saw that too. At least once Andre was wide open, but Luck many have had defenders draped all over him.

Its been happening EVERY game. Andrew is confused out there.

Some people obviously either don 't watch the games or they only watch the ball.

Andre can help us. TY is underperforming too. Take those 2 long tds away yesterday and he had 2 catches.

Based on his production that's still 6 too many (thanks for the correction, I think I confused his salary with Trent Coles)

I'd rather pay AJ $14m/year than pay Trent Cole $7m/year. A problem that I believe will be remedied in the offseason. 

AJ certainly hasn't looked like he's worth the money we gave him, but he's only part of the problem, IMO. 

There have been quite a few passes that he should have been able to snag that he just has not. It's like someone who says we need to throw him jump balls and let him go up and get them. He's not making catches with two feet on the ground when they are in his immediate area. Why in the name of god would anyone think that he could come down with them in the air while being hit by a defender?

It's just over for him. I'd say there is a high likelihood that he retires at seasons end.  

There have been quite a few passes that he should have been able to snag that he just has not. It's like someone who says we need to throw him jump balls and let him go up and get them. He's not making catches with two feet on the ground when they are in his immediate area. Why in the name of god would anyone think that he could come down with them in the air while being hit by a defender?

It's just over for him. I'd say there is a high likelihood that he retires at seasons end.

almost certain I'm that someone lol but still have you seen a fade or jump ball to him once? 85% of his passes from luck are high darts and as usual all of the floaters go to Hilton and they get contested or picked

I get what you're all saying but it seems to be that every time someone on the team plays poorly, we're coming to their defense. With Chapman, he needed more time. With Hughes he didn't get enough reps. With Nicks, it was Luck not targeting him which was half true. With Richardson it was time and bad run blocking.

I definitely agree that Luck doesn't cycle through all his options but I'm not going to make excuses for poor play. He's dropped quite a few balls and failed to consistently separate.

hey guys, the colts have a great team. the fact of the matter is that in any player great or not needs to warm up at game speed. so instead of probeing what will work on another team at the beging of a game. shouldnt you start the game with high %completions to build the confidence of the players. i dont think this team, with all these great players need to do insainly great things to win all they need to do is the basics well. slow it down or speed it up but look at the pariots, they get it to their best players 4 to 6 yd out then let them do what they need to do. not throwing it out there 10 to 15 yd. putting the ball at risk. GET THAT % OUT OF THERE!!!!!!! just because they can do it dosen't mean they have to each and every time. lets build up to where we need to get to.  this is just my opinion, maybe its all easier said than done.

He hasn't played very well...

I will have to say he was open multiple times lay game it seemed and luck was either being pressured or looking at T.Y. There was one big play where AJ was wide open deep but Luck just didn't see him and was being pressured.

AJ best game was against his old team. He showed that game he still has some left in the tank. That was with Hasslebeck throwing him the ball though. Their styles match well.

Andre Johnson needs just needs to play hard every play and Andrew Luck needs to start playing a lot better and hitting his open recievers.

Protip: they don't only game plan to not get Hasslebeck hit. That is an asinine assertion. Most of it is on Luck's terrible release and, for whatever reason, new found habit of changing the plays at the line.

Protip: they don't only game plan to not get Hasslebeck hit. That is an asinine assertion. Most of it is on Luck's terrible release and, for whatever reason, new found habit of changing the plays at the line.

man I bet if you stood behind that line they'd move the pocket for you like Mh yet keep luck in the pocket when the world knows he's uncomfortable..only time he leave the pocket is to run for the first or to avoid being killed from within the pocket..where are they designed plays to move the pocket like we saw in the Texans and jaguar game? Please proceed

The way this team is playing, i'm wondering if Andre and Gore are 2nd guessing THEIR choices. I've seen both visibly show their frustration and they were never divas in my eyes.

Its just so disappointing all around.

We still have time (thanks to division) tho surprisingly.

If this team can find some sort of offense, we can compete on any day with any team.

We just have to expll the funk and "let 'er rip."

I thought the same thing yesterday. The reaction from Gore yesterday after Luck overthrew him again on a easy screen was obvious frustration. They signed here for a great QB, a solid organization and a legitimate chance at a SB. They are 0-3 so far.

The hammer met the nail with this post!

At this point I think Irsay is in danger of losing his entire squad. If this team comes out flat next week there will be a change made after the game, he won't wait until the end of the season. Someone will be fired.