Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

One of the unpopular things I would do is trade TY Hilton in the offseason

Cribbsfaircatch

Not saying your idea is crazy...but can someone explain to me how our WR position is a luxury position?

We have

TY: who, just like his Ghost nickname, doesn't seem to always show up all the time but when he does, he's great

Moncrief: a good number 2 and a second yards pro who barring injury is gonna be good

Andre....Mr I have no idea how to get separation from a defender or catch a dang ball.

Dorsett..who now is out 4 to 6 weeks and really, never saw the speed or hands he was said to have....

Whalen: slow, brick hands who can't hold onto the ball...

So we have 2 decent WRs.....and you want to trade 1?

I don't agree with the thread premise first and foremost :-)

But with a QB who is utilizing every receiver any of the top 10 other than Luck, I firmly believe Moncrief shows that he is not only the #1 receiver on this team but on of the best in the league.  He can play. He has talent and he learned how to run some great routes.  I also think Andre with a QB who can place the ball better shows up way more than he does now. Dorsett will be fine as a receiver probably better than TY (this coming from a guy who doesn't endorse the pick) and TY is well TY...  Imo he is slightly better than average and benefits from a QB who locks in on him when Reggie went down.   So yes I do think our receivers have quite a bunch of talent (you don't give Whalen enough credit) and that isn't including our TE's which have an amazing pool of talent as well.  Fleener with a QB who will take what the defense gives would be nightmares for most teams and Doyle is a great great TE.  Allen, while he has all of the potential in the world isn't improving like Fleener is.  Fleener is becoming a complete TE, but everyone has a bias against him because of his lack luster first year. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with the thread premise first and foremost :-)

But with a QB who is utilizing every receiver any of the top 10 other than Luck, I firmly believe Moncrief shows that he is not only the #1 receiver on this team but on of the best in the league.  He can play. He has talent and he learned how to run some great routes.  I also think Andre with a QB who can place the ball better shows up way more than he does now. Dorsett will be fine as a receiver probably better than TY (this coming from a guy who doesn't endorse the pick) and TY is well TY...  Imo he is slightly better than average and benefits from a QB who locks in on him when Reggie went down.   So yes I do think our receivers have quite a bunch of talent (you don't give Whalen enough credit) and that isn't including our TE's which have an amazing pool of talent as well.  Fleener with a QB who will take what the defense gives would be nightmares for most teams and Doyle is a great great TE.  Allen, while he has all of the potential in the world isn't improving like Fleener is.  Fleener is becoming a complete TE, but everyone has a bias against him because of his lack luster first year. 

I agree with you on Moncrief, fleener and Doyle has really improved. But I still don't see us as stacked at that position. 

I agree with you on Moncrief, fleener and Doyle has really improved. But I still don't see us as stacked at that position. 

Ah sorry I forgot one key part to my argument that we are stacked there.  Because of the QB (or well... potential) we have by nature we don't need a whole bunch of talent at the position.  Receiver should be one of the positions that our drafts are least likely to be used for, because we have a talent at the QB that can mask deficiencies (again when he plays to potential). 

Receiver should be one of the positions that our drafts are least likely to be used for, because we have a talent at the QB that can mask deficiencies (again when he plays to potential). 

Completely Agree.  I didn't like using our pick for a WR this year at all,  I'm happy with the fact we chose dorsett instead of some other WR, but it should have been an Oline pick.  Crazy as it sounds, I would have grabbed Collins, and Grigson was an absolute * for not grabbing Collings with our 7th since he fell anyway.  Worse that can help is our 7th doesnt make the roster, how many 7s make a roster.....very few.  Low risk, high reward and he fumbled it worse than Whalen did.....

This teams problem is partly its fan base. Teams like NE and Sea would not pay a diminutive wr that kind of money. They would build the line. TY is too feast or famine. If u stop the deep ball, u stop him. Id rather get a dependable possession wr. Moncreif and Dorsett are deep threats, TY has become expendable. Especially if getting rid of him can fix our line. I guarantee we can get a pro bowl caliber center. And a 4th rnd pick to go w/ him. Thats real value coming back in return. Its definitely something that a good gm would consider. Especially after using a 1 on Dorsett.

So now you are a GM and know what you can get? In case you didn't know Hilton signed a pretty long term contract. He is not going anywhere. So you point was mute from the start. Now if you would like to try to come up with a thread that is more realistic maybe you wouldn't get so many negative comments made to you. With your history of comments and threads do you just look to start a thread just to bring negativity into the forum? Most forum members don't take any of your comments serious at all. Would it be possible to ask yourself that question? If not, carry on with your nonsense.

So now you are a GM and know what you can get? In case you didn't know Hilton signed a pretty long term contract. He is not going anywhere. So you point was mute from the start. Now if you would like to try to come up with a thread that is more realistic maybe you wouldn't get so many negative comments made to you. With your history of comments and threads do you just look to start a thread just to bring negativity into the forum? Most forum members don't take any of your comments serious at all. Would it be possible to ask yourself that question? If not, carry on with your nonsense.

U compared TY Hilton to Marvin Harrison and u think people take u serious? LOL

There is no such thing as a long term contract in the nfl. Read, its good for u.

NO got Unger amd a pick for Graham, so yes, I know TY coult fetch a Center an d a pick.

Why does everyone want to trade away all of our best players? It's like,OMG, the colts have a good player, we can't have that, heaven forbid. Sure trade them away, we'll just go down to the local WRsRUs store and pick up a new one. :::smh:::

I saw a db fall twice. What I saw were random occurances. Marvin Harrison is one of the best route runners ever. And he actually caught a lot of slants in tge middle of the field. And he had more dependable hands. TY Hilton is not Marvin Harrison. More like Desean Jackson.

lol you're adorable

There is no such thing as a long term contract in the nfl. Read, its good for u.

NO got Unger amd a pick for Graham, so yes, I know TY coult fetch a Center an d a pick.

know it all.. slap yourself... never seen a post from you that makes any sense.

I don't think taking away our struggling QBs favorite target is a good idea. Has nothing to do with being our fanbase being sentimental, he and Luck have a good rapport, and messing with that just seems silly. I'm not saying that taking away Hilton would be insurmountable, but, why mess with it? Next year's draft has a really deep amount of offensive line talent, so get Luck some protection, and build from there.

Do I really need to explain my comment to you?  Hilton is like Harrison in the sense of their small size therefor not being a physical running receiver. I guess any comment must be explained to you like a child?

I don't think taking away our struggling QBs favorite target is a good idea. Has nothing to do with being our fanbase being sentimental, he and Luck have a good rapport, and messing with that just seems silly. I'm not saying that taking away Hilton would be insurmountable, but, why mess with it? Next year's draft has a really deep amount of offensive line talent, so get Luck some protection, and build from there.

Exactly.. if you think luck is struggling now take away his go to reciever going on 4 years..crazy talk

I guarantee we can get a pro bowl caliber center. And a 4th rnd pick to go w/ him. Thats real value coming back in return. Its definitely something that a good gm would consider. Especially after using a 1 on Dorsett.

I can guarantee the next lottery ticket you buy will be a jackpot winner.  Oh wait...

Not saying your idea is crazy...but can someone explain to me how our WR position is a luxury position?

We have

TY: who, just like his Ghost nickname, doesn't seem to always show up all the time but when he does, he's great

Moncrief: a good number 2 and a second yards pro who barring injury is gonna be good

Andre....Mr I have no idea how to get separation from a defender or catch a dang ball.

Dorsett..who now is out 4 to 6 weeks and really, never saw the speed or hands he was said to have....

Whalen: slow, brick hands who can't hold onto the ball...

So we have 2 decent WRs.....and you want to trade 1?

Whalen is slow?

My guess is he can get us a proven starting interior lineman and a draft pick as well.

I was not fooled by this gm. Breaux lockes him up and then started falling down all of a sudden.

We just dont use the TEs enough. I blame Pep. He has no clue on coaching This level of talent. But TY can be neutralized way too much. Especially vs physical corners that can run.

Sorry, but that would be STUPID. TY is a playmaker. With the proper coaching, he can be a fantastic weapon. Unfortunately, he plays for a Pep Hamilton led offense. Until that problem is resolved, which I hope is soon, TY and everyone else will be underperforming. Find another way to upgrade the team besides getting rid of a top offensive weapon. LIke, maybe, finding a pass rusher. What a concept!

No offense, but trading Hilton would be ill advised. 

You'll never get actual value for him. And the way we pick, a third rounder for TY would be pointless.

He's one of our few game changers. Giving him up would be like giving up on Luck and Moncrief. 

A better move would be not paying prime money on guys at the end of their careers hoping that they've got lightning in a bottle. Andre Johnson, and to a lesser degree Gore, was a bad, bad idea. And I think it's time to give up on Dwayne Allen. 

No offense, but trading Hilton would be ill advised. 

You'll never get actual value for him. And the way we pick, a third rounder for TY would be pointless.

He's one of our few game changers. Giving him up would be like giving up on Luck and Moncrief. 

A better move would be not paying prime money on guys at the end of their careers hoping that they've got lightning in a bottle. Andre Johnson, and to a lesser degree Gore, was a bad, bad idea. And I think it's time to give up on Dwayne Allen. 

Gore has been good.

Really Luck is now a 3 yr wonder and we should trade TY.

How about we get an OC that understands how to run an offense and hang on to those two. We ran the ball 10x yesterday even though we were getting almost 5 yards a pop 10x not difficult to defend. We do the D's job for them make ourselves one dimensional. PEP IS A JOKE

Gore has been good.

Yeah, he's been a decent player. But he's not a future building block. I don't think he's honestly doing much that we couldn't get from our young guys. Imagine how much better our running game would be with better line play. 

We don't need to trade TY, but it would be nice if he showed up to play every game. He had 4 receptions on 14 targets. His stats look good, but that was really only 2 plays where the defender fell down. And why, after being shut down all game, is he diving into the end zone on the 1st TD? Kind of silly IMO.