Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius Butler

tvturner

He and Toler suck.....Davis is the only DB worth his money......we need to gut this team and rebuild quick before Luck gets old.  New Coaches and GM.    I would keep Luck, TY, Moncrief, Davis, and that is about it.   Everyone else is expendable....Gore is great but getting older.

He and Toler suck.....Davis is the only DB worth his money......we need to gut this team and rebuild quick before Luck gets old.  New Coaches and GM.    I would keep Luck, TY, Moncrief, Davis, and that is about it.   Everyone else is expendable....Gore is great but getting older.

We're gonna need a lot more than 3 offensive players and 1 defensive players. We need to rebuild the safeties, corners, inside/outside backers, defensive end, half of the oline aswell and a RB for the future

Adams was a big factor in us losing.  Colt was just pitiful all day.  And Butler/Toler are both deep backup quality, but sadly the 2nd and 3rd best we have.  And there are lots of better corners in the league, can we trade and get a good one?  The guy from NO they found in Canada has played great.  Sure, he fell down giving up 2 TD's but he also has played really well all season covering other teams #1's.  

So guys are out there... Grigson seems disinterested in finding any.  

lol so you wanna rebuild quick but fire 49 players ? so are we gonna get those players in the FA and the draft the next year?

stop being silly, we have a lot of talent and we just need coaches that can use this team strength. Starting with Pep 

Adams was a big factor in us losing. Colt was just pitiful all day. And Butler/Toler are both deep backup quality, but sadly the 2nd and 3rd best we have. And there are lots of better corners in the league, can we trade and get a good one? The guy from NO they found in Canada has played great. Sure, he fell down giving up 2 TD's but he also has played really well all season covering other teams #1's.

I hope you meant not having Adams in the game was a factor lol

Why was he one-on-one with Colston in that situation?

Why not? He was in perfect position and attempted to rip the ball from Colston. It was a good play by Butler. It was just a perfect throw from Brees.

Anyone who blames Butler for that play is a fool (not saying you are).

Butler is great in the slot..if any spots need to be taken by smith its toler. Bree's in his endzone and throws it up and what do you know who's blowing past toler smh..D.Smith needs to be our #2 at least we know he'll be agressive and TRY to defend toler just wants to run all damn day!

Why not? He was in perfect position and attempted to rip the ball from Colston. It was a good play by Butler. It was just a perfect throw from Brees.

Anyone who blames Butler for that play is a fool (not saying you are).

I'm just saying why not double Colston with a linebacker or safety on that crucial play? We all know Colston is the go-to-guy

Adams was a big factor in us losing. Colt was just pitiful all day. And Butler/Toler are both deep backup quality, but sadly the 2nd and 3rd best we have. And there are lots of better corners in the league, can we trade and get a good one? The guy from NO they found in Canada has played great. Sure, he fell down giving up 2 TD's but he also has played really well all season covering other teams #1's.

You say Colt was pitiful as if it's a surprise. Unless you're one of those Colts fans who thinks every bottom tier, STs only player that Grigson gets is a sleeper who could be "solid", then you shouldn't have been surprised with Colt's performance.

He should have never been starting.

You say Colt was pitiful as if it's a surprise. Unless you're one of those Colts fans who thinks every bottom tier, STs only player that Grigson gets is a sleeper who could be "solid", then you shouldn't have been surprised with Colt's performance.

I don't see where we disagree.  It seems like it would have had to have been better to shift a corner to safety as I bet we have at least one back up corner who could have played better than Colt even out of position.  I hear we are getting Adams and Geathers back this week and the fact that Carolina only throws for about 180 yards a game give or take, we'll need solid run support from the safety position especially on Newton scrambles as well as Safety help on TE Olsen, their only really good receiver..  

I'm just saying why not double Colston with a linebacker or safety on that crucial play? We all know Colston is the go-to-guy

Except, he wasn't the go-to-guy at all during the game. He had 1 reception on 3 targets (0 on 2 targets prior to that play), good enough for 6th on the team.

The coverage was fine. The pass had to be a perfect and, unfortunately, it was.

Who should have started?

It will be nice to see what Smith can do once he's designated to return from IR.  With the way the season is going there is no reason he shouldn't be getting play time if he's healthy when he returns.  The D can't get much worse.

I know it's way too early in his career to say he's a bust but Darn he's had a rough start.

Passing up on Tevin Coleman and drafting Smith instead looks like another Blunder by Griggs.

I know it's way too early in his career to say he's a bust but Darn he's had a rough start.

Passing up on Tevin Coleman and drafting Smith instead looks like another Blunder by Griggs.

Which would then lead to people saying he wasted picks on skill positions when he should have addressed offensive line, pass rush, or secondary. There is no winning.

Butler wasn't even good last year neither to be honest. 2012-2013 was his best years with us. He use to get INTs like crazy now all he does is get beat.

We haven't been able to get pressure without blitzing for 2 yrs can't get it at all this year. If you let Brees get comfortable he's going to put the ball in there.

That's the biggest problem on D. We figure out how to get to the QB things will look a little different.

We take the playbook away from Pep on O things will look different.

All is not lost. We still sit atop the division. Sunday marks the halfway point of the season. We can turn this around but changes need to be made.

First thing let Pagano have his OC hand the O over to Chud get Pep out of there. We need to get more aggressive on D back to more press coverage. Bring the heat. We have to generate a pass rush.

We need a W in a bad way and Carolina is due for a loss. We can still turn this around. This is a big game. We have 3 W's and Hasselbeck has won 2.

Like a shooter needs to see the ball go threw the rim to heat up. We need a solid game and a W on the road start turning this thing around.

How does that look like a blunder? What has Coleman done? You could have got the same thing at 106 in Langford. No way was passing on Coleman at 65 is a blunder.

Was taking Smith the right move? We have yet to see what Smith can do. CB is a more valued position than RB. If he can develop into our #2 corner it will be a great pick at 65. There is a much larger learning curve at CB lets at least see the kid play a little bit before we label him a bust.

There wasn't a RB I would have taken at 65 except for Gurley obviously. Who went much earlier. There are some good backs coming out this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed one.

lol so you wanna rebuild quick but fire 49 players ? so are we gonna get those players in the FA and the draft the next year?

stop being silly, we have a lot of talent and we just need coaches that can use this team strength. Starting with Pep

Thats what fantasy football does.

It makes people LIVE in a fantasy world.

butler was good the first couple years man. But lets just hope D'Joun Smith will come in, beast it up and take Butler's place as our nickel

Yea the year him and Donald Brown tricked the country into thinking Uconn was a good football team and they landed themselves first round picks and never lived up to the expectations.

That's entirely unreasonable.

Don't you know? We've been prepping Fleener to be the backup S because everyone definitely knows when injuries are gonna happen and the solution was right there but the coaches messed up and put Colts in on accident. Jeeze those coaches can't get anything right... /s

So passing up on a RB is a mistake when said running back is not only hurt but can't start with Devonta Freeman in front of him but somehow he's gonna be an impact over Gore and Bradshaw?

And the mistake we made was taking a corner who hasn't been able to play a down with our defensive starters?

Wow... I mean I get that your impatient and want results but you literally offered up someone you'd have to be patient on lol... makes 0 sense