lions at seahawks thread

shakedownstreet

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They get lucky a lot but they also had probably the biggest blunder in super bowl history also, haha!

Yep. Wilson threw the worst INT possible which I loved despite not liking the Patriots. I didn't like either team in last years SB. 13-10 Seattle wins. The look on Caldwell's face says it all. It wasn't even his fault Detroit lost, Johnson fumbling at the goaline is like Gore doing it. They never have done it until now.

Imagine if this had been a Championship Game or God forbid, Super Bowl ending like this? Can you imagine the ramifications?

Making excuses for blown calls such as these should invoke some kind of retribution, IMO.

To add to what you said, We as colts fans would be furious about it, and rightfully so if that happened to us.

Imagine if this had been a Championship Game or God forbid, Super Bowl ending like this? Can you imagine the ramifications?

Making excuses for blown calls such as these should invoke some kind of retribution, IMO.

Detroit seems to have a lot of glaringly questionable calls made against them, causing them to lose games. Last year's Dallas-Detroit playoff game had some really bad calls. There was also that Calvin Johnson play a few years ago where he appeared to catch the ball in the endzone and it was called a no catch (similar to the Dez Bryant "no catch" last year). And now this.

All teams get bad calls but some seems to get more of them.

Detroit seems to have a lot of glaringly questionable calls made against them, causing them to lose games. Last year's Dallas-Detroit playoff game had some really bad calls. There was also that Calvin Johnson play a few years ago where he appeared to catch the ball in the endzone and it was called a no catch (similar to the Dez Bryant "no catch" last year). And now this.

All teams get bad calls but some seems to get more of them.

Detroit always seems to have this happen at pivitol times too. Always in 4th quarters seems like or at a time when they need a play.

The refs actually discussed the play but ultimately felt the defender didn't intentionally bat the ball out of the end zone, when it was clearly a deliberate act. It was also strange how quickly the refs lined Seattle up at the 20 and played on.

The ref who blew it should be fired.

Seahawks Offense isn't much without Lynch. Wilson putting up 13 points against the Lions LOL. The Lions are awful. I am surprised the Lions Offense isn't better, they have a lot of weapons and a decent QB. If they had any kind of scoring, this game would be 50/50. I have a feeling Caldwell is about to be canned.

Why would he get fired? It is only his 2nd year in Detroit. They were 11-5 last year and they have played only 4 games this year. Unless he completely loses control of the team, he won't lose his job.

I didn't see the game but the internet is buzzing, so I came over here for verification. Anything not about Peyton or Tom is mildly temperamental at best over here, so if ya'll say the Lions were hosed then the Lions were hosed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25328919/seahawks-game-saving-play-against-lions-shouldnt-have-counted

Why would he get fired? It is only his 2nd year in Detroit. They were 11-5 last year and they have played only 4 games this year. Unless he completely loses control of the team, he won't lose his job.

Because the team looks like they are playing lethargic for him and he's 0-4. It is early though but the Lions remind me of the last year Caldwell was here but the Lions are loaded with talent on Offense. Tonight wasn't his fault but if his team starts like 0-6 or 0-7 I bet he gets fired. It's just a hunch, right or wrong I could see it happening.

Because the team looks like they are playing lethargic for him and he's 0-4. It is early though but the Lions remind me of the last year Caldwell was here but the Lions are loaded with talent on Offense. Tonight wasn't his fault but if his team starts like 0-6 or 0-7 I bet he gets fired. It's just a hunch, right or wrong I could see it happening.

You must be very young. The Lions have a history of being a very patient organization. They don't fire coaches that easily. Thank goodness. I dislike teams that fire their coaches every other year (the Browns, the Raiders, etc.). I like organizations like the Steelers and Giants that value continuity. I hope my team will emulate those teams.

You must be very young. The Lions have a history of being a very patient organization. They don't fire coaches that easily. Thank goodness. I dislike teams that fire their coaches every other year (the Browns, the Raiders, etc.). I like organizations like the Steelers and Giants that value continuity. I hope my team will emulate those teams.

Actually I am old (in my 40's) unfortunately but the way coaches get fired in this league is why I posted what I posted. I could be wrong though.

Seahawks offense flat out sucks. Russell Wilson is the luckiest quarterback alive. Can u imagine how insanely bad that guy would look with the Colts offensive line and our defense unable to cause havoc and turnovers every game? Andrew Luck kicks that guy to the curb in every facet.

I didn't see the game but the internet is buzzing, so I came over here for verification. Anything not about Peyton or Tom is mildly temperamental at best over here, so if ya'll say the Lions were hosed then the Lions were hosed.

Same, I didn't see it either. I will catch up later. But, the Lions probably were hosed. It was in Seattle after all.......and they are the Lions.

Seahawks offense flat out sucks. Russell Wilson is the luckiest quarterback alive. Can u imagine how insanely bad that guy would look with the Colts offensive line and our defense unable to cause havoc and turnovers every game? Andrew Luck kicks that guy to the curb in every facet.

I agree 100%. If Wilson had played for us the last 3 seasons, there is no way in heck he would've won 11 games 3 years in a row. He stepped into a great situation with a dominant Defense and Great RB + a proven Coach that has won College Championships. The guy is Good but not even Very Good or Great on a scale level. He is Good like I said before a Seahawk fan comes on here to question my Post but barley makes my Top 10 QB's in the league today. He is around 8-10 basically. I don't even think that is a dis. I would take Rodgers, Brady, Andrew, Peyton, Ben, Brees, Flacco, Eli, and Romo over him when those guys are healthy today.

That was crappy - and not fair for Detroit.  My heart goes out to their fans.  It was so obvious, I can't believe the official was standing right there looking at it.  No excuses.

I agree. With all the preaching from the refs about wanting to get things right and with the instant replay available it seems they cant get it right. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems like there are at least a couple of bad calls that could be corrected every week.

I see the Luck homers are out in force tonight trying to denigrate Russell Wilson.  Wilson plays behind arguably the worst o-line in the league, had absolutely no pass protection or running game tonight, and still went 20-26, 287 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints, and had another 40 yard rushing.  Wilson was their entire offense and he did most of it after the play broke down.

I like Luck but he's been hot garbage so far this year.  Wilson has been better in every way.

I see the Luck homers are out in force tonight trying to denigrate Russell Wilson.  Wilson plays behind arguably the worst o-line in the league, had absolutely no pass protection or running game tonight, and still went 20-26, 287 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints, and had another 40 yard rushing.  Wilson was their entire offense and he did most of it after the play broke down.

I like Luck but he's been hot garbage so far this year.  Wilson has been better in every way.

Hi rsrob!  I am glad to see you back!  I had posted a few times up here how much I have missed you and your break down of the Hawks.

You are right. Wilson was the best player on the field last night. How do you see the team shaping up with Kam back? Seems like the O is still really struggling as they can't seem to get Graham going although he had a few catches last night.

How about the division? The Cards look solid but the Rams seem pesky this year with wins over them and you guys. Too bad you did not play GB later this season with Kam back as it might have been different.

P.S. what are your thoughts on the play call in the SB? Do you blame Carroll, Bevell or do you think it was just poor execution?