Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lions at seahawks thread

shakedownstreet

The last play call does not bother me. The Hawks player could have easily just grabbed the ball as no one was near him but he chose to bat it. A penalty technically but it did not effect anything IMO as there were no Lions near it.

Megatron just CAN'T fumble there. Reminds me of Bryant trying to score vs GB last year and having the ball pop out for an incompletion. Just go down as there was still almost two minutes left and they could have run clock, scored and won the game with no time left for the Hawks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. If Wilson had played for us the last 3 seasons, there is no way in heck he would've won 11 games 3 years in a row. He stepped into a great situation with a dominant Defense and Great RB + a proven Coach that has won College Championships. The guy is Good but not even Very Good or Great on a scale level. He is Good like I said before a Seahawk fan comes on here to question my Post but barley makes my Top 10 QB's in the league today. He is around 8-10 basically. I don't even think that is a dis. I would take Rodgers, Brady, Andrew, Peyton, Ben, Brees, Flacco, Eli, and Romo over him when those guys are healthy today.

I do think Wilson is limited in ways because of his height but honestly that Seattle offense is a joke. He has no line, he had no Lynch, Graham is not getting open for him and he is still finding ways to move that offense by wielding his magic when the play breaks down. He is also unbelievably heady, smart and makes rock solid decisions with good accuracy. Honestly, he is a top guy in every way even if he does not look the part physically.

This team is so freaking lucky. haha

Yeah, it certainly seems that way. What really irks me is that no one has figured out a way to stop Russell Wilson from running.

Here's a clue rest of NFL : Quit over running him and his play. Stay in front on lateral and close in. Forces him to throw off balance or get sacked.

Yeah, it certainly seems that way. What really irks me is that no one has figured out a way to stop Russell Wilson from running.

Here's a clue rest of NFL : Quit over running him and his play. Stay in front on lateral and close in. Forces him to throw off balance or get sacked.

Both Green Bay and the Pats last year contained him in the pocket and turned him into a below average QB. The key is you have to have an athletic enough LB to spy him like Clay Matthews for GB and Jamie Collins for NE and disciplined lineman who stay in their lanes and don't give him the edge. Also when you tackle you have to wrap him up low as he wiggles out of the high tackles or ducks them altogether. The Lions didn't do any of those things last night and he burned them as a result with the run and extending plays for throws down the field.

Both Green Bay and the Pats last year contained him in the pocket and turned him into a below average QB. The key is you have to have an athletic enough LB to spy him like Clay Matthews for GB and Jamie Collins for NE and disciplined lineman who stay in their lanes and don't give him the edge. Also when you tackle you have to wrap him up low as he wiggles out of the high tackles or ducks them altogether. The Lions didn't do any of those things last night and he burned them as a result with the run and extending plays for throws down the field.

Even average LBs can wrap up, Wilson. The key is keeping him in front if you at all times while closing in. He's a shorter QB which requires practicing for this. It can be done. Trust me.

Even average LBs can wrap up, Wilson. The key is keeping him in front if you at all times while closing in. He's a shorter QB which requires practicing for this. It can be done. Trust me.

Sure. It really is a team defense concept. The athletic LB just makes it easier. GB played it brilliantly in the NFCCG forcing Wilson into the worst game of his career. NE mirrored it in the Super Bowl and Wilson was 12 for 21 with the pick to end the game. He is very good at what he does so it takes all 11 on every play to make it happen.

This is now the fourth straight season I've been reading this stuff on fan forums about how to stop Wilson and he still keeps making plays week in and week out. This year he's been playing behind a dreadful o-line without a healthy Marshawn Lynch and all he's done is complete 71% of his passes, produced nearly 290 yds per game of total offense running and passing, and has his qb rating around 100 like it always is. Of all the young guns from 2012 - Luck, RG3. Wilson, Kaepernick and Tannehill - he's the only one who has been playing at a high level this year.

Wilson got off to a slow start against NE in the Super Bowl but from the middle of the 2nd quarter on he shredded the Patriots defense right up until the final play.

This is now the fourth straight season I've been reading this stuff on fan forums about how to stop Wilson and he still keeps making plays week in and week out. This year he's been playing behind a dreadful o-line without a healthy Marshawn Lynch and all he's done is complete 71% of his passes, produced nearly 290 yds per game of total offense running and passing, and has his qb rating around 100 like it always is. Of all the young guns from 2012 - Luck, RG3. Wilson, Kaepernick and Tannehill - he's the only one who has been playing at a high level this year.

Wilson got off to a slow start against NE in the Super Bowl but from the middle of the 2nd quarter on he shredded the Patriots defense right up until the final play.

delete. double post.

Hi rsrob! I am glad to see you back! I had posted a few times up here how much I have missed you and your break down of the Hawks.

You are right. Wilson was the best player on the field last night. How do you see the team shaping up with Kam back? Seems like the O is still really struggling as they can't seem to get Graham going although he had a few catches last night.

How about the division? The Cards look solid but the Rams seem pesky this year with wins over them and you guys. Too bad you did not play GB later this season with Kam back as it might have been different.

P.S. what are your thoughts on the play call in the SB? Do you blame Carroll, Bevell or do you think it was just poor execution?

Hey am. The Seahawks defense looks like its rounding back into form since Kam came back, but you saw the problems with the offense tonight. The o-line is a hot mess. They aren't opening holes in the running game and Wilson is under assault on nearly every passing play. Most of their success has come from Wilson's improvisational skills. If Tom Cable can improve them to become at least the mediocre unit they've been the past few seasons they should be alright. If not the offense will struggle to find any consistency.

That last play in the SB was all on Bevell. He's been unpopular for years in Seattle for his play calling and throwing a slant on the one yard line right into the heart of the defense to their worst receiver was insane. The Patriots defense was on their heels prior to that. There was no doubt in my mind that Lynch was going to score on the next play prior to that call.

While true, teams have to evaluate Wilson's style of evasion. Believe me, he can be stopped, and at the very least slowed down. The NFL is a tremendously fast-paced game and all it takes is a marginally intelligent study of all his moves. He's very fast, shorter, and a gifted runner of evasion. Quick fixes are not considered beyond this. It takes practice. Lots of practice to prepare for him. It can be done and employed by all teams if they're willing to take the time and effort.

12 for 21 is shredding?

Wilson did not complete a pass until the second quarter. That has never happened in a SB before.

I said he shredded the defense from the middle of the second quarter on. He passed for 247 yards and 2 TDs over that stretch. Most of the incompletions came early in the game. So, yes, he was shredding the Pats defense after his slow start.

While true, teams have to evaluate Wilson's style of evasion. Believe me, he can be stopped, and at the very least slowed down. The NFL is a tremendously fast-paced game and all it takes is a marginally intelligent study of all his moves. He's very fast, shorter, and a gifted runner of evasion. Quick fixes are not considered beyond this. It takes practice. Lots of practice to prepare for him. It can be done and employed by all teams if they're willing to take the time and effort.

Ah, I see. It's fortunate for Wilson then that the NFL is filled with dumb, lazy DCs who don't have the marginal intelligence required to study Wilson's moves or bother to take the time and effort to properly prepare for him.

@rsrobinson, Wilson only put up 13 points and fumbled away 7 points. He didn't play that well to respond to your post. He had a couple of big plays like the 40 Yard run and the nice TD pass to Baldwin but other than that he was average. He didn't throw any INT's which is great but he had a huge fumble that almost allowed the Lions to come back and win. So far I agree though about Andrew as he hasn't played well either. Both teams have crummy O.Lines. I gave Wilson credit in my Post saying he was a Top 10 QB in the league, I just don't think he's Top 5. Andrew isn't playing like a Top 5 QB either so I cant disagree with some of your points.

I said he shredded the defense from the middle of the second quarter on. He passed for 247 yards and 2 TDs over that stretch. Most of the incompletions came early in the game. So, yes, he was shredding the Pats defense after his slow start.

Most of his completions came on lollipops to Matthews who was being covered by Arrington who played maybe his worst game and got benched in favor of Butler.

It was Lynch IMO that was killing the Pats and they should have stayed with him in the fourth even when Brady made it 24-21. The last two drives by the Seahawks before the one to end the game were both three and outs and that is what gave Brady the window for the historic comeback.

I wanted to ask you. How come your DC had a LB singled up on Gronk? Both of those plays, the TD and the third down conversion were huge plays for the offense. And why not put Sherman on Edelman when Lane went out? He was killing Lane's back up all game.

I see the Luck homers are out in force tonight trying to denigrate Russell Wilson. Wilson plays behind arguably the worst o-line in the league, had absolutely no pass protection or running game tonight, and still went 20-26, 287 yards, 1 TD, 0 ints, and had another 40 yard rushing. Wilson was their entire offense and he did most of it after the play broke down.

I like Luck but he's been hot garbage so far this year. Wilson has been better in every way.

:facepalm:

Stop Wilson from the run and make him throw the ball. Stick to that game plan and if he beats you, so be it. He certainly didn't beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl with his arm. He's young, smart, fast, and a gifted evasive runner. Stop his clutch running game and make him beat you with his arm. Teams will have a much better avenue of leaving points off the board from Seattle in that regard.

NFL defenses and their coordinators who _refuse_ to do this will end up, more likely than not, losing.