Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Haselbeck (Merge)

oldunclemark

I liked the way Matt played today he did what he is paid to do.  Especially with a completely inept OC.  I am finally on board with the rest of you that want Pep gone. 

Is it just me or does this team look uninterested at times?  Seems as though they don't have a lot of fire on either side of the ball.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I dont remember Gore fumbling in key moments in SF..

He made a big run in OT but if he holds onto the ball...we obviously don't play OT.

.....He's trying too hard..but there's no excuses for not protecting the ball near the goal line

Today's fumble was a lot different than the one against the Jets. I have little patience for fumbles by RBs, especially in the red zone, but the fumble today wasn't that bothersome to me, big picture. Hopefully it's out of his system.

That style of play and quick hitting passes is what we need

Other teams can do a lot better than the Jags did today. The truth is that we aren't going to do much of anything without Luck, but it's good to steal a win without him.

Agreed.  I think the front 7 of the Rams is formidable, yet am watching the Cardinals punch them in the mouth with the run.  in their Rams Red Zone too.  That makes Arians passing plays much more effective.  Luck does not have that luxury, so we'll have to agree withe that article Luck has to turn a bit more into MH to survive.  Also our D needs to get stouter vs the more offensive prolific teams to go with it.

Agreed.  I think the front 7 of the Rams is formidable, yet am watching the Cardinals punch them in the mouth with the run.  in their Rams Red Zone too.  That makes Arians passing plays much more effective.  Luck does not have that luxury, so we'll have to agree withe that article Luck has to turn a bit more into MH to survive.  Also our D needs to get stouter vs the more offensive prolific teams to go with it.

I just watched Kaepernick kill a Packer blitz on third and 3. I don't need Luck to be MH, just take the plays that are there. And Pep needs to make sure those plays are there.

By the way, while I'm typing this, Kap got sacked twice in a row...

Matt did a fine job.  As well in this game as the Jets backup QB has done (Fitzpatrick is 3 -1 !!)  But I'm so disappointed we cannot run the ball.  Whether  we want to, need to, or have to, we can't.  I hope Gore gets 100 yards in a game at least once this year, but now I am doubting it.  I feel we do not posses the stars to win unless we are a balanced offensive team, and we are not.  So we may make the playoffs, but until we can also run the ball, I feel solid defensive will game plan us into a loss in the post season again.  Let's win the Division first, and see what we have then.

What an exciting game to be at. My streak continues. They've won every game I've been to the past 18 seasons, just sayin', in case someone wants to hook me up with Pats tickets. :)

And kudos to Matt

Ha, awesome

I have the opposite effect at away games...

I am convinced I am a jinx for road games 18s 6 pick performance in San Diego, the 2013 loss in San Diego, & the beat down in Arizona were all my fault, im sure of it...

Today's fumble was a lot different than the one against the Jets. I have little patience for fumbles by RBs, especially in the red zone, but the fumble today wasn't that bothersome to me, big picture. Hopefully it's out of his system.

I know you know,,but this is a great runner.....

...and his precense ..whether he gains a lot or not..,.forces the other team to respect him and assign less men to coverage..

...we need him for the big games to come....and from what I see he can make big plays when he has a hole.

But all everybody sees is the fumbles, I get that

That style of play and quick hitting passes is what we need

Not all of the time...but a lot more of it.

Hasselbeck does not provide a deep threat, so his success was even more impressive. Luck provides a tremendous deep threat, so a lot more short stuff should be even more successful than it was with MH.

I just watched Kaepernick kill a Packer blitz on third and 3. I don't need Luck to be MH, just take the plays that are there. And Pep needs to make sure those plays are there.

By the way, while I'm typing this, Kap got sacked twice in a row...

And to beat the blitz on 3rd and 3, all you need to do is to hit a 2 yard pass to the RB/TE in stride and his momentum will get an extra two yards about 95% of the time.

While I agree that the Rams front 7 is very talented they still usually are not that stout vs. the run. They are ranked 23rd in rush defense this year while giving up an average of 122.7 yards per game. I am sure Arians it taking full advantage of that statistic.

Those are great numbers for a backup. No interceptions.

You're right..we shouldn't have to throw 47 times to beat Jacksonville..

But he did it without any interceptions...and he was so calm....such a leader

To me, he's the best backup QB in the NFL...

with that said..lest get Andrew ready for Thursday night

These would be great numbers for Luck also.  The key is NO INTERCEPTIONS.  Sitting out and watching may get Luck on track.

BTW... The same O-Line and a 40 year old man managed to win with it..

Mr. Luck.... Take notes and study this film!!

I know you know,,but this is a great runner.....

...and his precense ..whether he gains a lot or not..,.forces the other team to respect him and assign less men to coverage..

...we need him for the big games to come....and from what I see he can make big plays when he has a hole.

But all everybody sees is the fumbles, I get that

Well, it is true Gore has fumbled inside the 5 yard line on two separate games/occasions.  Those are memorable.  Last week was memorable in that he had 80+ yards on only 14 carries with two TD's!  But unless he can generate 100 yard performances here, we'll still be too one dimensional to make it all the way, IMO.

We're not a good offense. The defense is decent, and maybe they've maxed out. But we know the offense can be better than it's been so far.

Mathis looks to be getting a little better and if Tolar comes back , we might improve a bit on D. Yeah , the offense can get a lot better. 

Well, it is true Gore has fumbled inside the 5 yard line on two separate games/occasions.  Those are memorable.  Last week was memorable in that he had 80+ yards on only 14 carries with two TD's!  But unless he can generate 100 yard performances here, we'll still be too one dimensional to make it all the way, IMO.

Very true..and I thought the Colts avoided giving him the ball a few times late..but kept him in to pick up the blitz..

the yards will come...Our line will get better as the season progresses./..

I thought we'd be 3-1 but we're 2-2 going to Houston. Without Luck I'll take it

I think Andrew Luck should at least start the game the way Hasselbeck did. Short passes in rhythm and no mistakes. The definition of game manager.

I think Hasselbeck would be proud to be called a 'game manager' ...

...and we don't have to worry about whether or not the backup QB can come in and win a game in an emergency

I think Hasselbeck would be proud to be called a 'game manager' ...

...and we don't have to worry about whether or not the backup QB can come in and win a game in an emergency

Just mentioned on NFL Network, MH and Vick are the only backups in the league with more than 100 starts. MH has over 35,000 yards and 200+ TD passes. He knows what he's doing, and that's a luxury. Let's not forget about the last group of backups we had to endure. 

We just are not a very good football team right now , but it can change. Huge win as it puts us in control of the division and if you get into the playoffs , anything can happen. 

Thanks!    Good post and it needed to be said.

Too many fans think that the team you are today is going to be the team you are all season long.

It's rarely the case.     We can get better,  and given some health,  we will get better.

We were lucky to win this game. Another fumble by Gore should have codt us this game. If not for 2 missed FG attempts by the Jags it would be all over

I'd much rather be the team that won the game that the other team gave away than the team that lost the game that other team tried to give away like the Jags are tonight. 

I don't think anyone is calling this some great win they are just glad the Colts found a way to win it. 

Thanks! Good post and it needed to be said.

Too many fans think that the team you are today is going to be the team you are all season long.

It's rarely the case. We can get better, and given some health, we will get better.

Yeah people forget sometimes you can look great in September and October and be sitting at home watching other teams play in January and February.

Just mentioned on NFL Network, MH and Vick are the only backups in the league with more than 100 starts. MH has over 35,000 yards and 200+ TD passes. He knows what he's doing, and that's a luxury. Let's not forget about the last group of backups we had to endure.

I believe I saw and heard by CBS commentators that this is MH's 100 win v. 53 losses during his long NFL tenure with Green Bay, Seattle, Tennessee, and Indianapolis. Impressive.