Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags gave us the game

BProland85

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the ugliest flawed-fundamental football games I've seen in a long time. Thank God for the W and Matt Hasselbeck/Adam Vinateri! They did their jobs with a lot of help from both sides, including Jacksonville. A win is a win is a win. I'll take it, thank you very much. On to Houston.

It was the narrowest of wins possible though haha. I'll take it. Some would rather give up and talk about tanking. It's obvious this team has problems, but to completely rule them out sitting at 2-2 this early, I just think that's the wrong attitude.

Not a good game at all. Still lots of issues. But one of the main ones -- penalties on the offensive line -- went away. The playcalling was a little more understandable. The defense held strong at the end of the game, though they gave up some facepalm plays. 

In all, when you get a win out of your backup QB, and hold the other team to 13 points, you take it. Especially when it's Week 4 and you're 2-2. 

It was the Jags and they are a BAD team!!!!!! They are the SAME team that gave up 51pts to the Pats last week BUT a win is a win and the Colts WILL take it! 2-2 is better than 1-3 in a weak division. Now on to the Texans that gave up 42pts today against the Falcons. :thmup:

And they gave it all up on the ground to the Falcons today. Maybe Thursday the 100 yard streak will end

Jags took three shots at the heart.  But there was some Matrix like dodging and weaving on behalf of our Colts.  Try as they might it wasn't meant for the Colts to lose today.  Glad we found a way to even our record this week.  Team just has to keep taking it one game at a time.

It was the Jags and they are a BAD team!!!!!! They are the SAME team that gave up 51pts to the Pats last week BUT a win is a win and the Colts WILL take it! 2-2 is better than 1-3 in a weak division. Now on to the Texans that gave up 42pts today against the Falcons. :thmup:

This division is a special kind of atrocious. Hopefully Andrew is back and the rest has his shoulder feeling better. Lucky to come out with a W today for many reasons.

At this point I want the higher draft picks, so they can actually get playmakers on the defense and studs on the OL....

If we win Thursday, at 3-0 in the division, we could essentially have as much as a 3 game lead in the division by next weekend. Just win the division and get a home playoff game. Maybe we'll put it together by then and get some breaks in the playoffs. You never know. But through four games, at least they survived. Thankfully, we still have something to watch for the next three months.

Not a good game at all. Still lots of issues. But one of the main ones -- penalties on the offensive line -- went away. The playcalling was a little more understandable. The defense held strong at the end of the game, though they gave up some facepalm plays. 

In all, when you get a win out of your backup QB, and hold the other team to 13 points, you take it. Especially when it's Week 4 and you're 2-2.

Exactly! I'll parrot this.

I see some of the same people saying we're going to get beat by Jacksonville without Luck now claiming we didn't win by a large enough margin that therefore it's a bad win.

It wasn't the margin people are complaining about. It was the fact Gore fumbled in the red zone again and their kicker had three opportunities to win and blew them all. This is what makes an ugly win.

Call me spoiled or whatever but realistically the defense could've been better and held them to 3 points they shouldn't have struggled most of the game trying to get to bortles

What part of the 757 you in? Born in chesapeake but living in the good side of churchland right now lol.

haha I haven't seen you in awhile on the board. Your profile picture gets me every time.

I've always lurked(check here at least a few times a day). Was a time when I couldn't remember my login information but mostly the drivel that goes on here is usually not worth me taking part in.

Can you honestly say this team will do anything in the playoffs with the way they look? It's not coicidence by week 4 that they've looked this awful. Bad OL, bad GM decisions building this team, bad playcalling by Pep, bad overall coaching control by Pagano, and you have a recipe for a down year.

People were saying that last year after we lost to Pittsburgh.

Anything can happen.

they were better than this. they didnt play in our division either, where the other teams refuse to win a game

The league as a whole had more talent in it back then iirc. Bottom line is anything can happen come playoffs. Just look at our Super Bowl run. You calling it a season after a division win with a backup qb in a season that our d is playing its best football during the current regime is simply comical. Our offense will fix itself and when it does the league will be on notice.

You guys talking of tanking are nuts. Tanking for what? A high draft pick?

I'd think by now people would realize that having a high draft pick doesn't mean you're going to get a great player. 

Are there some good offensive linemen up that way?

Sure, at the college level, and as is becoming more and more obvious, being a good college O linemen DOES NOT mean you will be a good NFL O linemen. 

There is just as much a chance to get a great player late in the first as there is early in it.