Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patty Mac's 1st down run...

Buck Showalter

If that was a choice, he's got some big cajones. I can't even imagine the response if he would have failed that. But he didn't, and it was a great play. With that snap, it definitely made the decision a lot easier, probably had a decent chance of getting blocked. 

If that was a choice, he's got some big cajones. I can't even imagine the response if he would have failed that. But he didn't, and it was a great play. With that snap, it definitely made the decision a lot easier, probably had a decent chance of getting blocked.

Great players take risks and make them work :-)

I honestly think it was improvised, I can't see us making that brave a play call.

If you take positional weighting out of it, PM is one of the best in the NFL.

There was a couple of gutsy on sides kicks last season so maybe it's no as brave as you think? Those types of plays are rarely called because the percentages are against us. I do think it was a great play just to try to get some fire going.

Just like onside kicks, he has permission if he has a certain look I'm sure.

I don't think it was an improvised play at all. I believe it was a gutsy fake punt call. The way the protectors on the right side of the formation cut their players rather than blocking and getting downfield like normal. The others running down the field on the other side were all decoys selling the fake. I believe it was a gutsy call by Pagano and the STs executed it perfectly. By the way McAfee can scoot when he needs to.

I believe he said that if they see a particular set up by the opposing team, he has the green light to call a onside kick or in this case a fake punt.

I would bet that's what happened, wouldn't be the first time, he did the on-side kick in Houston last year because of how they lined up.  I think he has a green light to do things if he sees the right situation. 

No way they had the guts to call that. That was all Patty Mac/Kicking God. He shouldve been allowed to try that 60yrder that Thornton screwed up.

No way they had the guts to call that. That was all Patty Mac/Kicking God. He shouldve been allowed to try that 60yrder that Thornton screwed up.

I liked this twice...

I believe he said that if they see a particular set up by the opposing team, he has the green light to call a onside kick or in this case a fake punt.

Especially if the snap isn't 'perfect'.  It's Punt but if things go awry... do what you need to do.... You are a player too.  I need be... make a play!

It was a call by Pat but he has been told to go for it if the opposing team lines up the way they did so yes, the coordinator gave him a green light if the play called for it. That is what Pat said after the on sides kicks last season and I think that holds just as true to this call. What makes you think the Colts don't have the guts to make a call? They went for the TD on 3rd down and 20. Your dislike of the coaches cloud your mind.

It was a call by Pat but he has been told to go for it if the opposing team lines up the way they did so yes, the coordinator gave him a green light if the play called for it. That is what Pat said after the on sides kicks last season and I think that holds just as true to this call. What makes you think the Colts don't have the guts to make a call? They went for the TD on 3rd down and 20. Your dislike of the coaches cloud your mind.

Please, Luck is fearless and thru into coverage. Pagano goes into halftime w/ timeouts, he's not calling a fake in that situation. Bad snap and Pat saw it was wide open