Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember Jags 375?

braveheartcolt

Lol. Almost spit out my drink reading this comment.

And even that would have been more solid than they were yesterday. 

I used to call phillip wheeler the roving poop stain of our defense. I still have nightmares of him trying to tackle Arian Foster and Foster running about 15 yards with wheeler holding on for dear life. 

Those guys are getting incredibly close to wheeler territory after yesterday. 

Remember when Bob Sanders came back? It would have only been 370 had he been in the game. :)~

I'm not nearly as concerned about the defense as I am about the offensive play calling. It was offensive. If you can't sustain long clock eating drives, you can't go deep into the playoffs. Can't win the game with one big pass in the 1st quarter.

The reason why Luck has so many comeback wins is the horrible first half play calling that puts us in a hole.

Edited by 21isSuperman

And even that would have been more solid than they were yesterday.

I used to call phillip wheeler the roving poop stain of our defense. I still have nightmares of him trying to tackle Arian Foster and Foster running about 15 yards with wheeler holding on for dear life.

Those guys are getting incredibly close to wheeler territory after yesterday.

I think sio and Irving can make some noise next week..I don't recall them playing Sunday. Watching freeman over pursuing and DQ getting burned gets tiring sometimes.

I'm guessing that Moore takes a starting spot before all is said and done. I'd say around week 8.

I think your right and that's what scares me. Is your week 8 prediction predicated off him not knowing the defense or just representative of the coaching staff being stubborn?

Hopefully the Buffalo Slaughter will invoke the same kind of results as the infamous 275

"Slaughter?" 45-7 in the AFCCG was a slaughter, we had no chance whatsoever of winning that game. There were several opportunities yesterday, even as late as the 4th quarter. Losing by 13 on the road vs a top 5 defense hardly qualifies in my opinion.

I think your right and that's what scares me. Is your week 8 prediction predicated off him not knowing the defense or just representative of the coaching staff being stubborn?

Both. I think they really want to see Freeman get back to playing the way he did when he made his name for himself around here. How plausible is that? Hard to say.

It could be sooner if Jackson doesn't hold up. The tread on his tires is pretty well worn off, not to mention the fact that he is a constant liability in pass coverage.  

Did anyone happen to see Irving or Moore get any reps? Also if you did how did they look?  On the subject of personnel, I saw Geathers flash a few times, and he always seemed to be around the ball when he was in, I am pretty high on him and think we have something special there.  Also I am looking at Varga getting all the kickoff and punt returns, they have to find a way to get him involved, and I am not saying that just because of Dorsetts muffed punt and moncriefs kick off return to the 4 yard line.  I think Varga runs with an attitude I don't see in others.  Also with T.Y. out why risk the injury on Moncrief or Dorsett?  I did see TY McGill in there and playing hard but I didn't see a whole lot.  Very excited to see what Irving and Moore bring to the table though.  I think what we have now with Geathers subbing in for Jackson is a huge bonus for us on passing downs but if we can have that assurance on the field always with Moore that would be nice.  I am also looking for some creativeness on defense utilizing Geathers I think he can be a wild card for us if used correctly.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Both. I think they really want to see Freeman get back to playing the way he did when he made his name for himself around here. How plausible is that? Hard to say.

It could be sooner if Jackson doesn't hold up. The tread on his tires is pretty well worn off, not to mention the fact that he is a constant liability in pass coverage.

True about Jackson. Luckily enough he was signed to a "team friendly deal" so there shouldn't be too much collateral damage when/if he gets released next season.

Did anyone happen to see Irving or Moore get any reps? Also if you did how did they look?  On the subject of personnel, I saw Geathers flash a few times, and he always seemed to be around the ball when he was in, I am pretty high on him and think we have something special there.  Also I am looking at Varga getting all the kickoff and punt returns, they have to find a way to get him involved, and I am not saying that just because of Dorsetts muffed punt and moncriefs kick off return to the 4 yard line.  I think Varga runs with an attitude I don't see in others.  Also with T.Y. out why risk the injury on Moncrief or Dorsett?  I did see TY McGill in there and playing hard but I didn't see a whole lot.  Very excited to see what Irving and Moore bring to the table though.  I think what we have now with Geathers subbing in for Jackson is a huge bonus for us on passing downs but if we can have that assurance on the field always with Moore that would be nice.  I am also looking for some creativeness on defense utilizing Geathers I think he can be a wild card for us if used correctly.

Irving and Moore both got only a handful of snaps, if I remember correctly.  They looked decent, but it's hard to tell in limited playing time

Yes? Well calm the heck down. That's all....

I remember Dungy saying he couldn't explain why the defense suddenly answered the bell after the Jacksonville debacle. Therefore, we can discount coaching as the remedy to our woes. Perhaps, Geathers can be Bob Sanders 2.0 and Parry, Booger McFarland 2.0. Maybe Mathis can drink from the fountain of youth... yadda,yadda,yadda...

We're still a few play-makers away. By the time we get there, some of our current players will be eligible for social security

I remember Dungy saying he couldn't explain why the defense suddenly answered the bell after the Jacksonville debacle. Therefore, we can discount coaching as the remedy to our woes. Perhaps, Geathers can be Bob Sanders 2.0 and Parry, Booger McFarland 2.0. Maybe Mathis can drink from the fountain of youth... yadda,yadda,yadda...

We're still a few play-makers away. By the time we get there, some of our current players will be eligible for social security

lol nice sadly your right tho

No, they didn't answer the Bell after 375, Houston gashed them too which have them their first win against Indy!

Wasn't it 275?

Unfortunately no.  It was 375 combine rushing yards between Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Pearlman.  It was said that day that the only thing that could stop the Jags running game was the end zone line.  And after starting 9 - 0, it was our third loss in 4 games putting us at 10-3 late in the season.

Oh, we ended up correcting things (missed assignments and tackling, etc...) in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl.  :lombardi:

"Slaughter?" 45-7 in the AFCCG was a slaughter, we had no chance whatsoever of winning that game. There were several opportunities yesterday, even as late as the 4th quarter. Losing by 13 on the road vs a top 5 defense hardly qualifies in my opinion.

Yeah, but it sounded better, and the "Buffalo we made a game of it late" just isn't inspirational enuff...lol