Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Were Some Good Colts Players That Were Forgotten?

RockThatBlue

Jason Belser was a really good safety for the Colts during the Harbaugh years that has now almost been completely forgotten. I also don't think Tarik Glenn gets his full due. I think he should be in the ring of Honor and it's kinda sad that he's not.

Im too young to know about Belser though I've heard of him. And I agree about Tarik Glenn. I would add Ryan Diem as well. Never elite but was super reliable.

Im too young to know about Belser though I've heard of him. And I agree about Tarik Glenn. I would add Ryan Diem as well. Never elite but was super reliable.

Yeah I also think Joseph Addai was better than most give him credit for, granted no Edge, Faulk, or Dickerson but he was pretty good, especially his first two years here

Two other forgotten Colts from the pre-Manning years are Jeff Herrod and Duane Bickett.  Both were pretty good linebackers in their day. 

Ellis Johnson was a solid DT for us from '95-'01. Not great but solid

Brad Scioli DT for us showed promise but just could not stay healthy

Jake Scott...Though I don't think most forget him

Hmm...Im out if we are talking about forgotten players

DAN KLECKO

+1

i cant forget about him though, the guy had a heck of a career.  he played on offense, defense and sp teams, and he won three super bowls

also his TD against the patriots was one of the more memorable plays of our 2006 super bowl run for me

Man there are a lot of them:

• Albert Bently - RB turned FB when the Colts signed Dickerson, total team player
  • Billy Brooks 
  • Clarence Verdin - Great all around ST player and could be counted on for an exciting play or two.
  • Terrence Wilkins - Another ST, I think he is still the only Colt to score a TD on a KR, PR and a reception in the same game.  He was like 5'8" 160lbs but he made is mark.
  • Justin Snow - The Colts did not have to worry about a long snapper for 10+ years with him
  • Ryan Lilja, he and Scott formed probably the most athletic pair of guards in the NFL.
  • Adam Meadows, played out of position at LT his rookie season but then moved to RT and 
  • Ken Dilger.  One of the best all around TEs in the game.  And then he eevn threw a TD pass.

Dom should've been SB MVP...

Rhodes played well that game but he didn't do anything special.  It was Manning that read the D nearly perfectly every time and checked to the correct play.  Dom grinded it out but he basically just ran where Manning told him to behind an oline that was dominating Chicago's front 7.

Rhodes played well that game but he didn't do anything special.  It was Manning that read the D nearly perfectly every time and checked to the correct play.  Dom grinded it out but he basically just ran where Manning told him to behind an oline that was dominating Chicago's front 7.

Ha, good point...

So if you use this line of thinking Pete Carroll should've been MVP last SB???

Ha...

Well, other than the "P" in MVP stands for player. ;)

ha, maybe we can just alter it to "Most Valuable PLAYCALLER" for comedies sake...

wonder how The Pacific Northwest Coast is still dealing with that ordeal, will be interesting to see how that team responds this season, especially with San Fran seemingly in disarray & with Arizona's potential & the possible emergence of  & St. Louis...