Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Manning/luck/2012 Draft Comments...[Mega-merge]

Blackhawk4

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy. I wanted to see them win today. The #2 pick really would not have been all that awful. They still could have picked a QB to be their future one. Even not picked Andrew Luck, there will still be a boat load of players that could help this team out.

As rough as the season was for Colts fans, this should be one of the most interesting, and entertaining, off-seasons we have had in a LONG time. Of course, there is the whole debate with Luck and Manning. But if Luck says he doesn't want to sit, do we trade the pick? If so, what do we get for it? Should we load up with multiple picks, slide down and pick up another QB and roll the dice and ride Peyton for a few more years? And what about all of our free agents?? Not to mention, our front office and management positions...

Buckle your seat belts, make sure your trays are in their upright and locked positions...it's gonna be a wild ride the next few months!!

As someone who believes Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of my generation, I needed this season. I needed the world to see this. I needed analysts who use Super Bowl rings to rank all-time greats to see this.

NFL magazine named Manning its 2012 MVP and who could blame them? With Manning, the Colts are Super Bowl contenders. Without him they are the worst team in the league. No other player in the NFL is that valuable (anyone see Flynn and the Packers play the Lions today?).

If you have followed the Colts for the last 14 years, this season should not have shocked you. This is an organization with no running game (one top-10 ranking under Manning), no run defense (twice ranked higher than 20th) and embarrassing special teams play (Vanderjagt, Super Bowl onside kick, Jets’ kick return a year ago).

The 2012 Colts started 0-13, went five games without forcing a turnover, surrendered a large lead to Kansas City (aren’t the Colts built to play with the lead?) and ranked dead last in both kick returns, punt returns and kickoff coverage. Is Manning to blame?

Manning deserves better in his final years. Trade him to any team a quarterback away from a Super Bowl (Jets, Bears) and draft Luck. Yes, I could enjoy 4-5 more 10-6 seasons with an early-playoff exit, but I don’t want to. I’ve seen enough.

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t know a season where his defense wasn’t ranked in the top 10 (total defense). The Patriots have been eighth or better in scoring defense in all but two seasons under Brady. It’s time for Manning to reap the luxuries these quarterbacks have enjoyed their entire careers.

The Colts should fire its coaching staff (what has Caldwell accomplished other than benching his starters?), use the extra draft picks gained in a Manning trade to support Luck and begin a new Era. Manning should be given a chance at another Super Bowl. After this season, his one ring is the only argument his detractors have left.

As someone who believes Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of my generation, I needed this season. I needed the world to see this. I needed analysts who use Super Bowl rings to rank all-time greats to see this.

NFL magazine named Manning its 2012 MVP and who could blame them? With Manning, the Colts are Super Bowl contenders. Without him they are the worst team in the league. No other player in the NFL is that valuable (anyone see Flynn and the Packers play the Lions today?).

If you have followed the Colts for the last 14 years, this season should not have shocked you. This is an organization with no running game (one top-10 ranking under Manning), no run defense (twice ranked higher than 20th) and embarrassing special teams play (Vanderjagt, Super Bowl onside kick, Jets’ kick return a year ago).

The 2012 Colts started 0-13, went five games without forcing a turnover, surrendered a large lead to Kansas City (aren’t the Colts built to play with the lead?) and ranked dead last in both kick returns, punt returns and kickoff coverage. Is Manning to blame?

Manning deserves better in his final years. Trade him to any team a quarterback away from a Super Bowl (Jets, Bears) and draft Luck. Yes, I could enjoy 4-5 more 10-6 seasons with an early-playoff exit, but I don’t want to. I’ve seen enough.

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t know a season where his defense wasn’t ranked in the top 10 (total defense). The Patriots have been eighth or better in scoring defense in all but two seasons under Brady. It’s time for Manning to reap the luxuries these quarterbacks have enjoyed their entire careers.

The Colts should fire its coaching staff (what has Caldwell accomplished other than benching his starters?), use the extra draft picks gained in a Manning trade to support Luck and begin a new Era. Manning should be given a chance at another Super Bowl. After this season, his one ring is the only argument his detractors have left.

Well you will get a stir with this post for sure. :stir:

Thank god your not running the front office.