Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Bad Qb Play Or Was Duron Carter Just Massively Overhyped?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you have hasslebeck throwing ducks and a camp arm, not even jerry rice can make plays

Trust me I get that, but Lankford had two catches last night and he's probably the worst WR on the team. Point being he ended up with a better night than carter.

I think it's probably a mix of both, but if he wants to make the 53 man roster he needs to actually do something. He's not great at kick returns either. If the final 53 was being made this week I don't see how he would make the team. Just my opinion.

Honestly in camp he was playing with Andrew and even when he was playing with Mh I assume Mh wasn't so scary throwing the ball as he has been these last two games..I'd rather see him with Andrew before we decide on wth to do with him because the two wr who have preformed in camp look like nobodies since MH and Bennett have been throwing them the ball

I'm unimpressed by his first two preseason games.

Is it bad QB play or is he maybe not what we thought he would be?

He's had one catch so far in both games, that's not gonna get you a roster spot.

In fairness, none of the receivers outside of the top 4 have done anything, even Griffer who is usually our preseason All-star. With that being said, the hype for Carter was insane around here, way overblown. Also, from what I've seen, Duron has had trouble creating much separation and the few chances he's had he's allowed them to, literally, slip through his hands.

He's had one catch so far in both games, that's not gonna get you a roster spot.

Look at the passes thrown his way. Would TY or Johnson or even Reggie Wayne done any better? Have you heard a negative word from him? I think that he will not only make the team but eventually move ahead of some of the receivers ahead of him now. If we get some injuries, we are going to be glad for this depth at receiver. Stats aren't everything when you are playing with the third and fourth teamers.

Look at the passes thrown his way. Would TY or Johnson or even Reggie Wayne done any better? Have you heard a negative word from him? I think that he will not only make the team but eventually move ahead of some of the receivers ahead of him now. If we get some injuries, we are going to be glad for this depth at receiver. Stats aren't everything when you are playing with the third and fourth teamers.

Stats mean a heck of a lot if you're trying to make a team.through 2 games so far duron has no good stats to speak of.

He hasn't been playing with the two best QB's either give him a chance with luck against the rams and if he does nothing in that time then I will say he is overhyped.

He was behind Brown and Whalen in the first game.

he was listed ahead of them on the roster

my source was an article on the star but i cant seem to find it now.  on the colts website, carter appears on the depth chart, and brown and whalen do not

The thing with Whalen is that he does everything pretty well, but nothing exceptional. Kind of the swiss army knife of WRs. Carter seems to have nice big play capability, but won't see the field unless one of the other WRs gets hurt. He doesn't have better hands than Griff, or is he better at special teams (almost muffed a punt in the 4tr). I would rather see a guy who can contribute as the 5th WR in some way, and be a reliable insertion into a 3rd down play when someone gets dinged, rather than a guy who can only come in when someone gets hurt for more than a game, and needs a lot of practice during the week. It think that's what the PS is for.

A lot of people are split on this I think it has to do with both Ive been defending Bennett but his inaccuracy as well as MH playing poorly all around is a factor.

Although, Duron has been pretty bad as well he hasn't caught anything in 2 games with a couple of bad drops and a lack of separation on multiple occasions.,also in the return game he's offered nothing except bad decisions.

I think those saying put him with Andrew Luck and he'll be amazing that's not how this works you lack separation and good hands you don't get to play with the 1's Luck can make any WR look good (DHB,Nicks,etc.) He has not earned that and I think the blame is on him just as much as the back up QB's

Oh, Dear God.

There are these other days of the week.   6 of them besides game days.

If he's not making catches in the games,  he's making catches in practices.     In case you haven't noticed -- and it appears you haven't -- most receivers are only getting one or two catches a game so far.

IT'S PRE-SEASON!!!       Try not to read too much into things at this point!!

Sure wish someone would pay me a dollar for every time I've had to write IT'S PRE-SEASON!!     Don't worry!!

I'd be filthy rich......

Oh, Dear God.

There are these other days of the week.   6 of them besides game days.

If he's not making catches in the games,  he's making catches in practices.     In case you haven't noticed -- and it appears you haven't -- most receivers are only getting one or two catches a game so far.

IT'S PRE-SEASON!!!       Try not to read too much into things at this point!!

Sure wish someone would pay me a dollar for every time I've had to write IT'S PRE-SEASON!!     Don't worry!!

I'd be filthy rich......

To be entirely fair though while he's looked good in practice, Carter has looked downright bad in pre-season.

He's gotten a lot of catchable balls thrown his way and hasn't hauled them in.

I'd like to see how be does with the 1's before I get too hasty, I think.

But I can see it being a combination of both him not performing up to hype and bad QB play. It's preseason, let's take a deep breath lol

Edited by 21isSuperman

To be entirely fair though while he's looked good in practice, Carter has looked downright bad in pre-season.

Yup, which was obviously why I created this thread. Showing out in practice means Jack crap if you aren't doing it in games.

he was listed ahead of them on the roster

my source was an article on the star but i cant seem to find it now. on the colts website, carter appears on the depth chart, and brown and whalen do not

I've seen that depth chart so I know what you are talking about. It's just that why would they give him less of a chance that Whalen or Brown unless 1: he is guarunteed a roster slot or 2: he is unguardable and we want to suprise teams in real games. Both seem unlikely.

After being targeted 4 times in week one....   Duron Carter was targeted all of once last night.    

That's once.     Officially one more than zero.

Come on now.....    it's PRE-SEASON!

After being targeted 4 times in week one....   Duron Carter was targeted all of once last night.    

That's once.     Officially one more than zero.

Come on now.....    it's PRE-SEASON!

For a guy like him it's a determination as to if you make this team or not. 

Not going to lie there has been some terrible QB play this preseason. However, I believe that Carter may have been overhyped a little bit. I personally think the major problem with the QB play is the fact that they constantly have a defensive player on their back. The 2nd team line did good in Philly, but the Bears game was terrible as there was never a clean pocket. I think if the Quarterback had more time to deliver a good ball our depth receivers would show up and shine.