Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who impressed you the most at Colts Training Camp in Anderson?

AmberDerrow

Duron Carter was absolutely incredible based on the expectations the majority of us had for him heading into training camp. He was a huge find and may be able to produce immediately wherever we need him this year. Phillip Dorsett and Clayton Geathers are looking excellent as well. Jalil Brown may be about to breakout. Lots of good moments in training camp.

was d'joun that bad?

Yes! Continuously got beat by almost every receiver on the team. Not just the vets but the rookies and UDFA as well....

He's a rookie CB. It will take time! If anyone is saying he isn't a good player already they are overreacting!

Yes! Continuously got beat by almost every receiver on the team. Not just the vets but the rookies and UDFA as well....

He's a rookie CB. It will take time! If anyone is saying he isn't a good player already they are overreacting!

I think people are nitpicking too much about a rookie CB.  My guess is most of the people saying he isn't good are going off tweets that end with "TD over D'Joun Smith" and not actually watching his play.  He hasn't been beat badly by anyone and that includes the $65M man TY.  He has always been either right on the guy (see Andre highlight) or just a step or two behind.  He is coming in playing one of the hardest positions to pick up as a rookie; while going against one of the best WR groups that get balls tossed to them probably the best 1-2 QB combination in the league.  Once the game slows down for him everyone will be doing the usual 180 spin and say they always saw potential in this kid (if you need an example of this, look back on Vontae Davis trade history:  everyone loved it the trade when it happened; he struggled a little the first year and everyone thought it was the worst trade; finally reached his potential, went to the Pro Bowl and now everyone views him as the greatest CB.) 

The reason could be he's delusional. Just saying! Personally, I like his cockiness. That's an element that's never been part of a Colt's defense

Totally, and I almost welcome it honestly. It's good to have some swag. Yeah, I hope the dude realizes that it's only getting harder from here, but I love the confidence.