Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal.

Dustin

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course if Roger does overturn this, it will prove what a lapdog for Kraft he really is. Keep in mind the punishment was handed out by Troy Vincent.

Then again, something tells me he won't because:
1: Anyone not a NE homer would be outraged

2: If he were going to do what NE wanted, he would probably have appointed a neutral arbitrator.

Don't bury it like Spygate, Roger. You gave those crooks a free pass once and looked weak because of it. Grow a spine and do the right thing. Then again he can't really bury it anyway because the truth is pretty clearcut regardless of penalties. The reputation damage (mostly self inflicted by the Pats) is already done.

Of course if Roger does overturn this, it will prove what a lapdog for Kraft he really is. Keep in mind the punishment was handed out by Troy Vincent.

The suspension will be redcued to 2 gamee..which is what the NFL probably intended as suspension to begin with..

Goddell cant win...either he's too much of an enforcer or a lapdog.

Maybe if players would stop doing wrong...we wouldnt have so many suspension hearings?

The suspension will be redcued to 2 gamee..which is what the NFL probably intended as suspension to begin with..

Maybe if players would stop doing wrong...we wouldnt have so many suspension hearings?

Mark I believe it can only be reduced if Tom admits some guilt.

I don't ever see him doing that  so it will be all or nothing.   4 or 0.

Been saying for days I think his first game back will be against the Colts. It is beyond fitting too.

If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong later. Over all they should just take it in NE since 4 games is getting off easy. Should be a 6 to 8 game suspension. They have 4 games without Brady and hell they can even see how Jimmy G looks and if he is the future.

And so far seeing Brady, he has shown zero signs of admitting ANY guilt. If it's all or nothing with the suspension it better be ALL. If they took it away I think many (and not just Colts fans) will be livid.

They have tried to bully Roger since this first began.  I can't imagine he will want to reward them for that.

Many Pats fans even "claim" they Kraft can run Goodell out.

Okay on that note I am off for tonight but this has been entertaining and enjoyable.

Been saying for days I think his first game back will be against the Colts. It is beyond fitting too.

If I am wrong, I will say I am wrong later. Over all they should just take it in NE since 4 games is getting off easy. Should be a 6 to 8 game suspension. They have 4 games without Brady and hell they can even see how Jimmy G looks and if he is the future.

And so far seeing Brady, he has shown zero signs of admitting ANY guilt. If it's all or nothing with the suspension it better be ALL. If they took it away I think many (and not just Colts fans) will be livid.

I had this conversation with Dustin earlier today, and I believe that is what he told me.

If Brady and Goddell were in a room alone.....he might admit something.

But that's not my understanding of how it works.

You have legal and they'd never let him admit guilt.

So, you're probably right

.I guess I have to keep in mind that Brady admitting guilt opens a heavy, dark door.

The next question is: "Well, how long have you been telling the ballboys to deflate the balls, Tom? Which games in particular?

Doubt it.  The NFL is tired of the precedent of setting a suspension and them getting reduced everytime.  This, being a highly publicized case, is the NFL saying enough is enough,

Doubt it.  The NFL is tired of the precedent of setting a suspension and them getting reduced everytime.  This, being a highly publicized case, is the NFL saying enough is enough,

Maybe but there's no such thing as precedent in NFL rulings

That's a legal term that applies to the law and identical crimes..

There's very few identical similar 'crimes' by NFL players except for drug test or DUIs.

I dont think that arguement will work for Bradys reps because there is no precedent for the 'trial of Tom Brady'

Then again, something tells me he won't because:

1: Anyone not a NE homer would be outraged

2: If he were going to do what NE wanted, he would probably have appointed a neutral arbitrator.

Don't bury it like Spygate, Roger. You gave those crooks a free pass once and looked weak because of it. Grow a spine and do the right thing. Then again he can't really bury it anyway because the truth is pretty clearcut regardless of penalties. The reputation damage (mostly self inflicted by the Pats) is already done.

if GODell is a lapdog, then why let 'deflategate' happen?  have you ever even thought about that?  

if GODell is a lapdog, then why let 'deflategate' happen?  have you ever even thought about that?

Oh for [insert deity of choice]'s sake it happened because of what a Pat's employee did. All this bread and circus act by them is just to distract from the one inescapable fact. A Pat's employee stole the balls and took them into a bathroom... Surely you don't deny that?

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 15, 2015 - Personal Shot
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 15, 2015 - Personal Shot

So let me get this right. You say Goodell let this happen? I have a question for you. Have you thought about anything else but nonsense? The Mods have stopped you from starting new threads about this subject but you insist on posting this drivel. I might get a warning for this but here goes. If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose. Sorry Mods, I just couldn't help myself.

Goodell heard the Saints bounty case appeals as well because it was an integrity of the game issue. I think this was a smart move by Roger depending which way he rules. If he upholds the 4 games it will look like he intentionally blocked Brady and it will look like he didn't trust the Wells report to have an independent arbitrator. It won't matter though as Brady will go to civil court anyways. That is why he has Kessler on his team.

One other reason Goodell is hearing this and my over turn it is because Kessler humiliated him in the Rice trial. Don't think he wants to see him again in court, http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12009808/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-testimony-ray-rice-hearing

Goodell's handling of the Rice disciplinary matter and his public comments about it have represented the most damaging crisis of his eight years at the helm of the NFL, raising questions among fans, players, commentators and politicians about his leadership, judgment and credibility.

I hope Goodell holds the line on all the punishment....basically leaving Brady, the NFLPA and the Patriots two choices.

Either take it to court or shut the hell up.

If they believe the Wells Report was so faulty and the punishment, if it stands, so unfairly harsh, then they should challenge it legally.

Provided of course, there isn't more raw sewage they're afraid will be brought to light....under oath....that further tarnishes the vaunted and revered "Patriot Way".

One other reason Goodell is hearing this and my over turn it is because Kessler humiliated him in the Rice trial. Don't think he wants to see him again in court, http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12009808/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-testimony-ray-rice-hearing

Goodell's handling of the Rice disciplinary matter and his public comments about it have represented the most damaging crisis of his eight years at the helm of the NFL, raising questions among fans, players, commentators and politicians about his leadership, judgment and credibility.

Yes....because Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are shining beacons of judgement and credibility.

I hope it goes to court so everyone on both sides are held under oath.

As for them lawyering up with Kessler....and I understand and support due process....I'll just say that brandishing the name of a guy who defended Ray Rice and Greg Hardy as some sort of deterrent away from finding out the TRUTH carries a pretty bad smell. smh

As this would be a civil and not a criminal trial (if they take it to actual court) Brady will be forfeiting his phone and testifying under oath with REAL penalties of perjury should he lie.  I doubt they want to go that route.  This is likely over.  Goodell prepared for this by having an independent investigator and someone else dish out the punishment.  The NFLPA agreement gives him the power to render final judgement, game, set and match.  No one wants to be under actual legal oath over this so I can't imagine Brady being willing to give a deposition or turn over his phone, emails and anything else.  Plus those employees would be under oath and if they crack all hell could break loose and Brady,  Belichick and the whole gang could be finished.  The NFL won't let that happen, so this could be the biggest game of life or death "chicken" ever played in professional sports.   

There is no reason not to.

I agree 100%....but the Goodell/Kraft relationship will be tested and the dreaded back room deal cannot be dismissed.

Goodell has a thankless job as it is....and he makes it no easier on himself being too cosy with any one owner.

Goodell heard the Saints bounty case appeals as well because it was an integrity of the game issue. I think this was a smart move by Roger depending which way he rules. If he upholds the 4 games it will look like he intentionally blocked Brady and it will look like he didn't trust the Wells report to have an independent arbitrator. It won't matter though as Brady will go to civil court anyways. That is why he has Kessler on his team.

I was with you, up through the bolded part.

I know you think you're dying to see this go into the court system, but I really don't think you, Tom Brady, or the Patriots want to go that route.  Then you're talking about subpoenas and there's no refusing to turn over cell phones, and no refusing to make employees available for interview.

Anyone else think that, if Yee and the Patriots had kept their traps shut and not acted like * (making outrageous accusations against the league) that it would have at least increased the odds of Goodell handing it to an arbitrator?

I really think they shot themselves in the foot with this.

There is no reason not to.

Unless, at the appeal, new information comes to light.

Goodell has lost the PR battle already, no win for him. His only way to handle the appeal fair and firm  Start fresh, Dot the i's and cross the t's.  Get the ducks in a row and see if the NE Patriots are willing to open up on some of the documentation they withheld.