Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roger Goodell will hear Tom Brady's appeal.

Dustin

So..

It's become clear the Pats won't budge an inch. If they don't win the appeal they'll go to Federal Court.. If they lose there then what, Supreme?

All the while the outside world is looking in shaking it's head at the stupidity of this whole situation. A situation entirely of the manufacture of the Patriots.

How long do you think the owners will stand for this if it looks like it's going to drag on for years?

There's been debate about his to expand the league, do you go past 32 teams? So you go to London? The favourite of course is the Jags going to London.. Maybe if the Pats don't back down from this brinksmanship New England could become Old England...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So..

It's become clear the Pats won't budge an inch. If they don't win the appeal they'll go to Federal Court.. If they lose there then what, Supreme?

All the while the outside world is looking in shaking it's head at the stupidity of this whole situation. A situation entirely of the manufacture of the Patriots.

How long do you think the owners will stand for this if it looks like it's going to drag on for years?

There's been debate about his to expand the league, do you go past 32 teams? So you go to London? The favourite of course is the Jags going to London.. Maybe if the Pats don't back down from this brinksmanship New England could become Old England...

So you see no culpability in any of this dragging on behalf of the league and its handling since Jan. 18? Interesting ....

So you see no culpability in any of this dragging on behalf of the league and its handling since Jan. 18? Interesting ....

RCA...

It's actually would have been in the interest of the league for an investigation to find nothing. But public opinion demanded a proper investigation not a whitewash job. Especially given the perception the Pats got an easy ride with Spygate.

Are you so far removed reasonableness that you think the league doesn't understand the implications of a report finding the SB MVP at fault and equally the punishment handed out. They're not doing this for fun.

Back full circle to where we begin. Pats started it, Pats escalated it, quit deflecting the blame.

RCA...

It's actually would have been in the interest of the league for an investigation to find nothing. But public opinion demanded a proper investigation not a whitewash job. Especially given the perception the Pats got an easy ride with Spygate.

Are you so far removed reasonableness that you think the league doesn't understand the implications of a report finding the SB MVP at fault and equally the punishment handed out. They're not doing this for fun.

Back full circle to where we begin. Pats started it, Pats escalated it, quit deflecting the blame.

Wow. Talk about a slanted persepctive. The league was given a heads up by your GM before the game which it chose to ignore. Anderson then decided to let the game be played with balls that may have been tampered with for an entire half. Had he just taken those balls out pregame and made Pats play with reserve balls, this whole thing is over on Jan. 19. There is no need for an invetugation that took over 100 days and ultimately proved inconclusive because the league did such a horrible job of overseeing the ball inspection process and halftime gauging. If you have tired from this story, it is 100 percent the league's fault. Players/teams fight punishments all the time and often have favorable results so Brady is just going through due process which is due to him as member of the players union and as neg. by the CBA.

And remember you can always choose not to follow the story as it is the off-season so there are other news going on with teams signing and cutting players.

Wow. Talk about a slanted persepctive. The league was given a heads up by your GM before the game which it chose to ignore. Anderson then decided to let the game be played with balls that may have been tampered with for an entire half. Had he just taken those balls out pregame and made Pats play with reserve balls, this whole thing is over on Jan. 19. There is no need for an invetugation that took over 100 days and ultimately proved inconclusive because the league did such a horrible job of overseeing the ball inspection process and halftime gauging. If you have tired from this story, it is 100 percent the league's fault. Players/teams fight punishments all the time and often have favorable results so Brady is just going through due process which is due to him as member of the players union and as neg. by the CBA.

And remember you can always choose not to follow the story as it is the off-season so there are other news going on with teams signing and cutting players.

or the pats could have just played by the rules. Crazy concept I know

or the pats could have just played by the rules. Crazy concept I know

You are assuming that if the Pats balls were gauged pregame that they were going to come up low. They could have check fine and again this thing is over. Either way, this whole thing is over on Jan. 19 if not for the league's cavalier attitude and Walt's incompetence.

You are assuming that if the Pats balls were gauged pregame that they were going to come up low. They could have check fine and again this thing is over. Either way, this whole thing is over on Jan. 19 if not for the league's cavalier attitude and Walt's incompetence.

Still deflecting the blame from the actual crime

And remember you can always choose not to follow the story as it is the off-season so there are other news goign on with teams signing and cutting players.

Did you really just accuse me of a slanted perspective?! You?! Oh my aching sides.

You go on about if the league had taken action before the game..how about this? Don't cheat. Simple as. You can cry foul of the policing and the prosecution of the crime but at the end of the day the criminal is the main person resonsible.

And remember you can choose to not post drivel on a opposing team's forum, but that's the beauty of free choice isn't it. I follow the story because I'm a NFL fan and because I have a sense of moral justice. Something you evidently don't with your many times stated view that "It's ok because we won"... "Brady's legacy won't be tainted because ... Rings".

See oddly I really don't have much hatred for the Pats despite my Colts fandom. But I do hate liars and I do hate being treated like an *. Nick name because of his weight loss... My left buttock!

NFLPA has issued statement asking NFL to remove Goodell as arbitrator. They have a laundry list of stuff in this appeal including why Vincent was allowed to hand out the punishment when the CBA clearly states that Roger has to in matters related to integrity of the game. They will also make both Roger and Vincent testify, http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12891908/nflpa-asks-roger-goodell-step-aside-arbitrator-new-england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-appeal

You know, am, I'm going to be honest and candid as I can be here. I truly feel bad for PatriotNation. I really do. It is the fans that are dealing and suffering with "the integrity of the game", suspension, draft picks, and the largest fine ever handed down by the NFL the most. The organization's tactics of willful and defiant dissent seem to be of no value to their fan base. No other team in the history of the league has ever approached the overall willingness to create such a huge measure of unmitigated power that has been displayed by the New England Patriots over the last decade or so.

So yeah, I truly feel sadness for Patriot fans that know the real score here concerning DeFlateGate, SpyGate, and other shady forms of pushing the envelop of rules. I do not feel bad for the organization at all. They are receiving their just desserts. Whether by public opinion, the penalties handed down, and/or subjugation of things to follow, it is the team's fan base and supporters that will suffer the most for quite a long time to come.

Did you really just accuse me of a slanted perspective?! You?! Oh my aching sides.

You go on about if the league had taken action before the game..how about this? Don't cheat. Simple as. You can cry foul of the policing and the prosecution of the crime but at the end of the day the criminal is the main person resonsible.

And remember you can choose to not post drivel on a opposing team's forum, but that's the beauty of free choice isn't it. I follow the story because I'm a NFL fan and because I have a sense of moral justice. Something you evidently don't with your many times stated view that "It's ok because we won"... "Brady's legacy won't be tainted because ... Rings".

See oddly I really don't have much hatred for the Pats despite my Colts fandom. But I do hate liars and I do hate being treated like an *. Nick name because of his weight loss... My left buttock!

Well, at least you are being truthful about why you are really upset. lol.

In terms of the cheating. Teams cheat all the time and the league punishes them and rarely do they do a 100 day invesrigation for a games day violation. In fact, go ahead and check other ball tampering cases and see how long it took for any of them to be settled. Again, if your main gripe is about the length of this, which based on your laundry list of offenses is not the case at all, then the blame is squarely on the league. But again, sounds like you have much more that is bother you.

Uhh how can you blame Well's for this not being over by Jan 19th?

Think about it..

You know, am, I'm going to be honest and candid as I can be here. I truly feel bad for PatriotNation. I really do. It is the fans that are dealing and suffering with "the integrity of the game", suspension, draft picks, and the largest fine ever handed down by the NFL the most. The organization's tactics of willful and defiant dissent seem to be of no value to their fan base. No other team in the history of the league has ever approached the overall willingness to create such a huge measure of unmitigated power that has been displayed by the New England Patriots over the last decade or so.

So yeah, I truly feel sadness for Patriot fans that know the real score here concerning DeFlateGate, SpyGate, and other shady forms of pushing the envelop of rules. I do not feel bad for the organization at all. They are receiving their just desserts. Whether by public opinion, the penalties handed down, and/or subjugation of things to follow, it is the team's fan base and supporters that will suffer the most for quite a long time to come.

I wish I could say your view is shared by Pats fans as I know how much you want it to be but it isn't. Go check out Patriots Planet and you will not see any of your sentiments shared. Perhaps that is how you wish we felt but sorry to break it to you, we don't. That 4th lombardi was as sweet as they come and most of us are focused on defending that title this upcoming season. This will all blow over soon and the haters will be on to something else to try to ding the Pas. That much we are used to and honestly does not bother us a bit. When you are at the top, the wind blows the hardest to try to knock you down ...

I wish I could say your view is shared by Pats fans as I know how much you want it to be but it isn't. Go check out Patriots Planet and you will not see any of your sentiments shared. Perhaps that is how you wish we felt but sorry to break it to you, we don't. That 4th lombardi was as sweet as they come and most of us are focused on defending that title this upcoming season. This will all blow over soon and the haters will be on to something else to try to ding the Pas. That much we are used to and honestly does not bother us a bit. When you are at the top, the wind blows the hardest to try to knock you down ...

especially when said team has a history of cheating

In terms of the cheating. Teams cheat all the time and the league punishes them and rarely do they do a 100 day invesrigation for a games day violation. In fact, go ahead and check other ball tampering cases and see how long it took for any of them to be settled. Again, if your main gripe is about the length of this, which based on your laundry list of offenses is not the case at all, then the blame is squarely on the league. But again, sounds like you have much more that is bother you.

"People speed all the time so me getting pulled over for speeding doesn't mean anything"

You're correct I find stupid and obstinate behaviour intensely frustrating. But I don't think I'm alone in that judging from a large amount of the reaction on here.

There is still great room in life for true logical argument and reasoning.

Of course if Roger does overturn this, it will prove what a lapdog for Kraft he really is.

I'd actually forgot for a second that the Pats used to be Goodell's little babies. Where do the Pats fans get off acting like they've always been wronged? Yeah that Tuck Rule thing really messed them up. Speaking of the Tuck Rule, do they really feel wronged or are they trying to be renegades against the league now? Kraft wishes he was Al Davis.

Nobel Prize Winner MacKinnon lied about his ties to Kraft. 

Professor MacKinnon has no direct business or personal relationship with the Patriots. 

http://wellsreportcontext.com/mackinnons-scientific-conclusion/

But Kraft Group invested in MacKinnon's company Flex Pharma: 

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/10/22/flex-pharma-developing-treatments-for-muscle-cramps-elite-athletes-and-disrupted-sleepers/pRDgW2KIwog6f2n4YX2OpO/story.html

It says so right on Flex Pharma's website: 

http://www.flex-pharma.com/team-investors.php

It's like lying is a rampant disease with the pats* oraganization and now it's spreading to people they work with.....er *cough* "have no business relationship with." 

These guys are unreal. This is all on Google. Are pats* fans really that dumb to think that all this information isn't actual factual? 

I heard about this on Mike and Mike this morning.  I think someone actually posted something yesterday about it too, but didn't get a chance to really read it.  It's like any court setting, both sides have their experts who come to different conclusions.  But at least in the Kraft Group's case, you know there's an ownership niterest in the company putting out the results.  I'm not aware of any such relationship between Exponent and either Wells or the NFL (or the NFL ownership interest in Wells, for that matter).  I figured it would have been plastered all over these boards if there were.  So, I mean, they can call the science defunct and "prejudged", but really, who's putting on who here?

I'm losing faith...

Hard to believe we came full cycle back to this.....

"In terms of the cheating. Teams cheat all the time and the league punishes them and rarely do they do a 100 day investigation for a games day violation."

Could say something... but nothing I could say would make her look any worse than she does right now...

Hard to believe we came full cycle back to this.....

"In terms of the cheating. Teams cheat all the time and the league punishes them and rarely do they do a 100 day investigation for a games day violation."

Not really. That's the hallmark of circular arguments.

Not really. That's the hallmark of circular arguments.

Imagine the NFL investigating a team's equipment manager stealing the balls after inspected and jabbing with a needle . I'll be shocked if Goodall is not replaced for causing all this "trouble." 

I understand your sentiments here, but that does not mean they're absolute. I have been privileged to enjoy over the years many, many contacts from all over the league in just about every NFL city but two. The shared commonality sensible conclusions from these contacts include multiple Patriot fans. The "Perhaps that is how you wish we felt but sorry to break it to you, we don't." quote doesn't hold water concerning all of the extrapolated opinions I've gathered from the cited cities across the nation.

In fact, it is quite the opposite where percentages come into play from your so called, _fact gathering_ site. It is nearly 100% biased blindness from the aspect of balance. The true analysis of all opinions (including Patriot fans) from across the spectrum in the country does not even come close to Patriot Planet one sidedness.

Yeah, I guess the 4th Lombardi "sweetness" as you call it, seems almost a complete ambiguous argument at best concerning the last decade of ill-gotten gains through the shady antics of obtaining those trophies.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-tom-bradys-deflate-gate-conspiracy-blew-soft-balls-and-damning-texts-329419

According to McNally, whom the NFL interviewed for its report on four occasions, he was headed out to the field with the footballs alone, which is against protocol, when he decided to use a bathroom at the end of the tunnel (a bathroom that he told officials he had used many times before). McNally told officials that he dropped the bag of balls to his left and then used a urinal to his right. That is when the officials told McNally there are no urinals in that bathroom.

giphy.gif

So, he walked into the women's bathroom?