Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Your team cheats"

RockThatBlue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not even read my post where I said the players had nothing to do with it? Didn't even read it. Way to go.

And just for posterity, these were posted on this board in the game day thread against the Texans back in 2011, first game of the season. No point in searching for the probable hundreds of other similar comments made in the next few months by proud Colts fans.

You don't think MANAGEMENT (as in, NOT THE PLAYERS) thought this too? I'll say it once more. PSH.

Fans can say whatever they want - they aren't in control of the team. Even if management and players thought that, there's absolutely no way that they actually tank on purpose, ensuring that they aren't even there when Luck is drafted to the Colts.

Where was management in 2009 when the city near-rioted over their refusal to listen to fans? Yet somehow, 2 years later they had a change of heart and took the fans advice.. for once. I know how hard it is for Texan fans to see their legend catching passes from the "best QB he has ever played with" but please, do your health a favor and lay off the salt.

Gee, only had to go back three years ...

Enough already.   We both need to stop.  

I understand you are really worried about what is about to come down and  I would be too...   It is very hard when you put someone up on a pedestal and they disappoint you terribly.   I understand your hurt, and anger, and disappointment,  but it is a little misguided.    Your hurt and anger and disappointment should be directed at Tom.   

Not to mention,  it is rude to come into someone else's house (meaning the Colts Forum board in case you don't get the reference)  it is rude to come in here and insult people, and spew your nonsense and expect for people to just accept it.

I apologize to the rest of the Forum for "my part" in letting this argument continue.

Did you not even read my post where I said the players had nothing to do with it? Didn't even read it. Way to go.

And just for posterity, these were posted on this board in the game day thread against the Texans back in 2011, first game of the season. No point in searching for the probable hundreds of other similar comments made in the next few months by proud Colts fans.

You don't think MANAGEMENT (as in, NOT THE PLAYERS) thought this too? I'll say it once more. PSH.

The blathering reactions of a few fans doesn't go very far toward what the "management" was doing. By "management", who are you referring to, exactly? The same "management" that got fired for sucking? 

Tell me, exactly, how did the "management" affect gameplay and game results in order to secure Luck? How......exactly does this work? Maybe after you type out a paragraph or two trying to explain how this would work in real world practice, you'll stop and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

Our team went from great to hot garbage in a flash, 10 years of dominance suddenly gone. You see, when you get used to winning, it hurts to watch it fall apart. People say things they don't mean....etc etc

I suppose if you knew what winning felt like, you'd understand. 

crying.gif

Hell....we were by far the worst team in football in 2011, and we STILL beat you once. You couldn't even sweep us when we were apparently "sucking for Luck". 

HA HA HA HA.....and HA!!!

Enough already.   We both need to stop.  

I understand you are really worried about what is about to come down and  I would be too...   It is very hard when you put someone up on a pedestal and they disappoint you terribly.   I understand your hurt, and anger, and disappointment,  but it is a little misguided.    Your hurt and anger and disappointment should be directed at Tom.   

Not to mention,  it is rude to come into someone else's house (meaning the Colts Forum board in case you don't get the reference)  it is rude to come in here and insult people, and spew your nonsense and expect for people to just accept it.

I apologize to the rest of the Forum for "my part" in letting this argument continue.

I am not sure why Gramz but you seem to always pick on my posts and seem generally upset in most of your posts as well. One of the great features of this site is the ignore button. I don't personally use it as I like to interact with everyone but I wanted to mention it as it might be something to consider. I have refrained for the most part in responding to your posts (I know you had asked me several questions on the other thread yesterday) that I specifically ignored as I felt the nature would be inflammatory and do want wish to go down that path for obvious reasons.

In terms of your insinuation here, while I am disappointed in what is happening with Wells and Brady, none of it really touches the 4th Lombardi. That win as I said previously was the most important of Tom's career and Bill's too. Much closure on many levels for them and for us fans. All of this deflated footballs is pretty benign and has been since the AFCCG game blow out. But the SB was paramount and that win was even more critical. Everything else is gravy. Also, part of me is anxious to see how Jimmy does anyways as we know he is the heir apparent so he will have a chance it seems to strut his stuff next season which makes Bill's choice to pick him the second round last year look even more brilliant.

And I have not insulted anyone. I never do. I don't resort to that level. It is only football. A game. Great to debate and have some fun but it ends there pretty much for me.

Cheers ...

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, May 10, 2015 - political
Hidden by -JJ-, May 10, 2015 - political

I am not sure why Gramz but you seem to always pick on my posts and seem generally upset in most of your posts as well. One of the great features of this site is the ignore button. I don't personally use it as I like to interact with everyone but I wanted to mention it as it might be something to consider. I have refrained for the most part in responding to your posts (I know you had asked me several questions on the other thread yesterday) that I specifically ignored as I felt the nature would be inflammatory and do want wish to go down that path for obvious reasons.

In terms of your insinuation here, while I am disappointed in what is happening with Wells and Brady, none of it really touches the 4th Lombardi. That win as I said previously was the most important of Tom's career and Bill's too. Much closure on many levels for them and for us fans. All of this deflated footballs is pretty benign and has been since the AFCCG game blow out. But the SB was paramount and that win was even more critical. Everything else is gravy. Also, part of me is anxious to see how Jimmy does anyways as we know he is the heir apparent so he will have a chance it seems to strut his stuff next season which makes Bill's choice to pick him the second round last year look even more brilliant.

And I have not insulted anyone. I never do. I don't resort to that level. It is only football. A game. Great to debate and have some fun but it ends there pretty much for me.

Cheers ...

Just like Obama said "Clinging to their guns and religion" you seem to be "Clinging to your pretty boy Tommy and the Patriot Cheating Way". I guess I can understand that...sort of 

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, May 10, 2015 - quoting
Hidden by -JJ-, May 10, 2015 - quoting

Just like Obama said "Clinging to their guns and religion" you seem to be "Clinging to your pretty boy Tommy and the Patriot Cheating Way". I guess I can understand that...sort of 

Would you stop rooting for the Colts if this was them? The Pats are my team, does not mean I like or approve of everything they do, but as a fan my rooting interest will never change ...

Cheers ...

As to the bolded, yes I admit that  I  respond to several of your posts, and sometimes I come across as angry, however  it appears I am not alone there.   Several people respond to your posts, and several people appear angry when responding to you.  I wonder why that is?

I also wonder why when you respond it is considered debating?   When others respond to you it is Picking on You?

I think I have made some very valid points in my comments,  I try to be reasonable, and just because you don't happen to like what I have to say it  doesn't mean I am picking on you.

Would you stop rooting for the Colts if this was them? The Pats are my team, does not mean I like or approve of everything they do, but as a fan my rooting interest will never change ...

After the HISTORY...absolutely. Until a CHANGE of OWNERSHIP comes about I would absolutely unequivocally stop cheering and following the Colts...without a doubt.

No one is asking you not to root for your team. But you can show your disdain for their cheatin' habits.

No one is asking you not to root for your team. But you can show your disdain for their cheatin' habits.

I have showed disdain just not over the top vitriol I think that some here like to relish in. But at the end of the day there cheating habits include camera location and ball pressure violations. I am not sure how upset any fanbase would be over those types of infractions ...

Cheers ...

You mouth off to pretty much everyone here and you are shocked when you get called out? No one on this forum is above being called out and believe it or not if you are here long enough you will be called out when you need to be. I think the problem she and most others have with you is your inability to accept criticism towards the Patriots and their wrong doings. Instead of admitting you're wrong you try to twist everyone's words and use them against them. You also make up outlandish dribble and present it as though it's a fact.

"You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts."

A buddy sent this site to me.

http://yourteamcheats.com

The list of "cheats" by the colts is beyond stupid. But I posted this since it has all so called "cheats" by every team. You can tell many of them are bogus.

The most worthless garbage I have ever seen  .  Opinions are not facts nor assumptions . A waste of time to read I'm just wondering if "am" wrote that ?

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Baiting
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Baiting

The blathering reactions of a few fans doesn't go very far toward what the "management" was doing. By "management", who are you referring to, exactly? The same "management" that got fired for sucking? 

Tell me, exactly, how did the "management" affect gameplay and game results in order to secure Luck? How......exactly does this work? Maybe after you type out a paragraph or two trying to explain how this would work in real world practice, you'll stop and realize how ridiculous it sounds.

Our team went from great to hot garbage in a flash, 10 years of dominance suddenly gone. You see, when you get used to winning, it hurts to watch it fall apart. People say things they don't mean....etc etc

I suppose if you knew what winning felt like, you'd understand. 

crying.gif

Hell....we were by far the worst team in football in 2011, and we STILL beat you once. You couldn't even sweep us when we were apparently "sucking for Luck". 

HA HA HA HA.....and HA!!!

haha willing to bet you weren't even a "fan" in 2011. Colts "fans" have some of the worst allegiance I've ever seen. You people don't deserve a good team, that's for sure, LOL.

I have showed disdain just not over the top vitriol I think that some here like to relish in. But at the end of the day there cheating habits include camera location and ball pressure violations. I am not sure how upset any fanbase would be over those types of infractions ...

Cheating is cheating. No matter how you spin it. If one of your children stole a plastic toy worth $2 / or stole a $200 mobile phone, would you honestly base your level of disappointment based on the cost of the goods stolen, rather than the actual act itself? Somehow I doubt you would.

Cheating is cheating. No matter how you spin it. If one of your children stole a plastic toy worth $2 / or stole a $200 mobile phone, would you honestly base your level of disappointment based on the cost of the goods stolen, rather than the actual act itself? Somehow I doubt you would.

lol. Cheating is not cheating otherwise the punishments the NFL hands out would all be the same for every offense and they clearly are not.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Quoting hidden
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Quoting hidden

haha willing to bet you weren't even a "fan" in 2011. Colts "fans" have some of the worst allegiance I've ever seen. You people don't deserve a good team, that's for sure, LOL.

The reason the Texans don't have bandwagon fans is because they have never been good enough to warrant a bandwagon. If the rest of the Texans fans are like you then its not surprising that they have been perinnial jobbers since they entered the league.

lol. Cheating is not cheating otherwise the punishments the NFL hands out would all be the same for every offense and they clearly are not.

Stop twisting words. Cheating is wrong regardless of whether you acknowledge it or not. Cheating on you spouse is far worse than cheating on an American History quiz, but it doesn't make either right. That was the point.

haha yeah not like the good ol Texans fans. Burning jerseys at the first sign of their bandwagon team going south.

Nothing says loyal like jersey burnings, and threatening QBs at their homes. Those are some deserving fans.

Stop twisting words. Cheating is wrong regardless of whether you acknowledge it or not. Cheating on you spouse is far worse than cheating on an American History quiz, but it doesn't make either right. That was the point.

That was exactly the point but your analogy is even better. I don't think it is human to treat every offense the same. I really should not treat my child who cheated on their history quiz the same as a cheating spouse. That would be totally unfair and unjustified. As I said, there are degrees to everything otherwise the world would exist in complete chaos.

. I have refrained for the most part in responding to your posts (I know you had asked me several questions on the other thread yesterday) that I specifically ignored as I felt the nature would be inflammatory and do want wish to go down that path for obvious reasons.

How could answering a "simple"  yes or no question turn inflammatory?   :scratch:    

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Quoting hidden
Hidden by SteelCityColt, May 9, 2015 - Quoting hidden

You're the one that likes to dig through 4 year old Gameday threads. Go look for yourself. I stayed true throughout, keeping my sense of humor the whole time. I made deprecating jokes about how terrible our team was (it's hard to watch the game with this bag on my head etc etc), but I never stopped watching, I watched every game. 

I'm still waiting to hear to explain how the "management" could've attempted to lose games? How did this happen, and why did we almost lose the #1 pick by winning 2 of the last 3 games of 2011? 

Wouldn't a more appropriate name be 'suckforluckexceptagainstthetexansgate'?

You got that wrong. It's "suckforluckexceptagainstthetexansandtitansgate"

Also known as "ifwe'retryingtogetthenumberonepickwe'redoingitwronggate"

Cheers ...

It's because of the carefully crafted digs that you place in any thread here that might have the possibility of being Patriot related. In all, you are on a board that is based upon Colt fans. Everyone is welcome, you included. But you choose to carefully degrade the Colts, but you do it in such a way that you can't be fingered for the crime. Ironically, it is quite like many of the behaviors we have witnessed from the team you follow. When you are questioned with something that you know will lock you into a corner, you just choose not to respond. Your prerogative. It has long been revealed that your posting style is here to stay, regardless of truth or logic. 

But the years of facing the arrogance of Patriot fans, not the arrogance of the team, has sharpened the tongue spoken here towards you and others who act as you do. Our attitude is of your making. We do not have this attitude towards other teams. It simply is not so. The Steelers have been damn near as infuriating as the Pats over the years in how they have owned us, but they are a flea on the back of the camel in comparison that is the Pats arrogance. Their fans are FAR more likely to admit the mistakes oft their team, and generally stay for the most part to their board. Why Pats fans are so insecure that they have to change the way other people think about them on other boards is beyond me. It must be exhausting. 

In all, I feel lessened when I once again try to explain this to you. I fear that you feel compelled to spend far more time defending your team than is healthy, and you are missing out on the joys in life of just being. This is not advice, it is an admission of my own empathy.

It's because of the carefully crafted digs that you place in any thread here that might have the possibility of being Patriot related. In all, you are on a board that is based upon Colt fans. Everyone is welcome, you included. But you choose to carefully degrade the Colts, but you do it in such a way that you can't be fingered for the crime. Ironically, it is quite like many of the behaviors we have witnessed from the team you follow. When you are questioned with something that you know will lock you into a corner, you just choose not to respond. Your prerogative. It has long been revealed that your posting style is here to stay, regardless of truth or logic. 

But the years of facing the arrogance of Patriot fans, not the arrogance of the team, has sharpened the tongue spoken here towards you and others who act as you do. Our attitude is of your making. We do not have this attitude towards other teams. It simply is not so. The Steelers have been damn near as infuriating as the Pats over the years in how they have owned us, but they are a flea on the back of the camel in comparison that is the Pats arrogance. Their fans are FAR more likely to admit the mistakes oft their team, and generally stay for the most part to their board. Why Pats fans are so insecure that they have to change the way other people think about them on other boards is beyond me. It must be exhausting. 

In all, I feel lessened when I once again try to explain this to you. I fear that you feel compelled to spend far more time defending your team than is healthy, and you are missing out on the joys in life of just being. This is not advice, it is an admission of my own empathy.

I always enjoy your posts Indigo. My post was only directed at one poster not all the folks here. I hope you did not perceive it that way. I find your posts to be well written, thoughtful and candid as this one is. Thanks for letting me know your views. I always appreciate the feedback.

I defend the Pats here and obvious this week with deflategate has been more than usual but for the most part I engage in all the football talk. Mostly on this NFL General section. This off-season has been great with the FA moves and draft.

In terms of your last sentence. You are probably right. I enjoy football with a passion probably to a fault. My joys of just being include football. It would be empty without it.

Pats are 4-0 in Luck era with all blow outs. We love that you got him and Pagano too.

Pats are 2-0 in games where the Colts asked the league to stop Brady from ball tampering.

It's so satisfying to see the Patriots having to cheat against the Colts.

It's so satisfying to see Brady finally caught.

It's so satisfying to know Wells leaked his report to ESPN before the NFL could burn it.

It's so satisfying to hear the Patriot Brass, players, former players, Shefter, and Patriot fans try to pin this on the Colts only to find out it was Tom Brady all along.

It's so satisfying to read the fumblegate report and have an answer as to why the Patriots are the greatest team, in the history of the NFL, by a wide margin at not fumbling.

If it wasn't for Eli Manning being the most clutch QB of his era, Tom Brady would have cheated his way to 6 Superbowls.

it is rude to come in here and insult people, and spew your nonsense and expect for people to just accept it.

Actually they didn't insult anyone. Of course their nonsense isn't accepted here, that's why they post it...its a message board. They want the feedback.

Of course not. But, I would admit that they cheated and own it as a fan.

Believing the Colts tanked in 2011 is beyond stupid.  Everyone, not just the players, but the coaches and front office staff got canned.  

Who goes out there and purposefully loses knowing it's gonna get them canned?

They compare it to the Patriots with Matt Cassell but Matt Cassell is actually one of the best QB's in the NFL.  Weird to think that but every year about 1 of the 3 teams is without a functioning franchise QB.  Those that don't have that often bring in Cassel for a year to start for them.  He's not the guy you want to build your franchise on but he's better then most of the players available out there.

Matt Cassel is one of the top 32 QB's in the NFL.  Curtis Painter is a bad backup QB.  Huge difference.

Also Matt Cassel played with a stacked team that Tom Brady went undefeated with up until the SB.  The team that Painter played with was on the decline rapidly.  There is a reason that half of them got released after the 2011 season.

But lets also forget all that and say the Colts for some inexplicable reason that got everyone involved fired purposefully threw the 2011 season.  It's still not against the rules.  There is no rule that says you can't purposefully lose.  Perhaps dishonorable to some extent but not a rule violation or a 'cheat'.  Pats broke the written rules TWICE.  And those written rules violations where taking place during the seasons in which they won all 4 of their super bowls under Belichek and Brady.

Pats of course just think that the NFL is out to get them because it doesn't cross their mind that not every team breaks the rules to get ahead.  It's so caught up in their culture that they can't conceive of the idea that other teams arn't cheating as the reason they keep getting caught and punished.