Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Your team cheats"

RockThatBlue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SuckForLuckGate.......

Yes, because getting 53 pro players to play terribly and ruin their careers to help a team that will most definitely cut them in a few months is super extremely plausible. 

A buddy sent this site to me.

http://yourteamcheats.com

The list of "cheats" by the colts is beyond stupid. But I posted this since it has all so called "cheats" by every team. You can tell many of them are bogus.

All of that is bull crap because none of those supposed cheats by the colts ever existed because when they win they earn that win unlike another team we know.

I'm going to defend the one with the highest "severity" according to the site, which is the "Suck for Luck" campaign. It was a matter of really unfortunate circumstances that conspired against us, and haters are going to have to accept that.

1.) Peyton clearly did have neck surgery. You could even see the scar on the back of his neck. No denying that, and even if he were healthy late in the season, we're not going to force him to play garbage games when he's arguably a consistent league MVP, especially as he was climbing up in age.

2.) We tried signing Kerry Collins to be competitive, but it's not our fault he also got injured! Kerry Collins made a lot of sense, because of his relationship with our staff and how he fit our system.

3.) Our backup QB situation was atrocious. This was a major Bill Polian issue that dates back as far as we can remember. He never valued backup QB's (ex. Jim Sorgi). It just so happened Luck was falling into our laps, and we're stuck with Curtis Painter. It's not like Bill Polian didn't try to rectify this, hence, signing Kerry Collins.

4.) If anyone thinks Curtis Painter was losing on purpose, look no further than the Jets game when we were striving for 16-0 perfection. I remember on one play in particular, I believe on Painter's very first pass, he threw into double coverage against two defenders eye'ing the football. The first defender intercepted the pass, and the media booth said if the first guy hadn't intercepted it, the second guy would have. Eventually, we put in Dan Orlovosky and began winning games, but too little too late. Hey, at least we didn't go 0-16! We drafted Curtis Painter and wanted to see what he was made of. We found out... unfortunately what we found was a piece of dog poop.

5.) The Pats going 11-5 without Brady only proves how important Peyton was to our system. Peyton, in many ways, is both a QB and an offensive coordinator. You can't replace that, period. Meanwhile, our head coach was Jim Caldwell. The Patriots head coach?... Arguably the greatest head coach to ever coach in the NFL. You do the math. Plus, Matt Cassel is not a bad QB! He's not good either, but certainly not bad, like Painter. There's a reason Cassel started so many games for the Chiefs.

6.) Jim Irsay fired practically our ENTIRE coaching staff, and not just Caldwell. I believe only Clyde Christensen survived. Clearly, Irsay was NOT pleased with the resulting season. Irsay sent a clear message the Colts will not tolerate bad seasons. When jobs are on the line, the Colts will not succumb to losing simply for a high draft pick.

so the biggest cheaters are the patriots biggest rival the jets, the team they think framed them the colts, the team that beat them twice in the superbowl, and the team that beat them in the AFCCG a couple years ago the ravens....  

SuckForLuckGate.......

Yes, because getting 53 pro players to play terribly and ruin their careers to help a team that will most definitely cut them in a few months is super extremely plausible. 

The majority opinion outside Indy is that you tanked ... but as I have always said, IMO that would be smart to do as Luck is the real deal. Best to set your team up for the next 10-15 years ...

The funny thing about Suckforluck Gate is that, self included, many people realized we weren't a very good team outside a few great players. Ray Lewis, too. Some had us winning 4 games at best without PM.

We didn't tank. We just had a below average all around team led by terrible fill-in QB's. Old man Collins didn't last past PIT (called it) and we paid up the nose for him. Goldilocks would have been better suited skipping along the sidelines than lining up under center. Orlovsky was by far the best of the 3.....that should say something.

All of these QB's were getting drilled behind our horrendous O-line.

Funny site, though. I enjoy how spying on other teams and deflating footballs pale in comparison to your team just flat out sucking. The fact we were that bad should be punishment enough.

SuckForLuckGate.......

When Brady gets suspended they should trade for Curtis painter and see just how good he is.

The funny thing about Suckforluck Gate is that, self included, many people realized we weren't a very good team outside a few great players. Ray Lewis, too. Some had us winning 4 games at best without PM.

We didn't tank. We just had a below average all around team led by terrible fill-in QB's. Old man Collins didn't last past PIT (called it) and we paid up the nose for him. Goldilocks would have been better suited skipping along the sidelines than lining up under center. Orlovsky was by far the best of the 3.....that should say something.

All of these QB's were getting drilled behind our horrendous O-line.

Funny site, though. I enjoy how spying on other teams and deflating footballs pale in comparison to your team just flat out sucking. The fact we were that bad should be punishment enough.

It really takes a defensive Pat fan to find any credibility in SuckforLuck.  If there was intentional losing, it backfired for everyone who could possibly have attempted it: Caldwell, Polian, coordinators...pretty much everyone got fired!  Unless, of course, you think Irsay is such a criminal genius that he could pull it off himself without any of those people noticing!

SuckForLuckGate.......

Sucking for Luck had nothing to do with the players, bruh.

You guys were chanting "Suck for Luck" after the first game of the 2011 season when it was apparent the Colts couldn't compete without Peyton. You don't think management knew that? Psh.

You guys were chanting "Suck for Luck" after the first game of the 2011 season when it was apparent the Colts couldn't compete without Peyton. You don't think management knew that? Psh.

You mean the management that was fired right after the season? Use your brain

The majority opinion outside Indy is that you tanked ... but as I have always said, IMO that would be smart to do as Luck is the real deal. Best to set your team up for the next 10-15 years ...

No, the "majority" of fans outside Indy tease us about the circumstance, but they do not actually believe this garbage if they're smart enough to microwave a Hot Pocket successfully. 

It sounds catchy...."Suck For Luck"....rolls right off the tongue. But it fails logistically in mammoth fashion. It is literally 100% IMPOSSIBLE to get 53 individual professional football players to ruin their careers in order to help a team that will most certainly cut them after the season. As we saw happen, we fired almost EVERYBODY. I think even the landscaping company got fired........

In today's Free-agency market, it just cannot happen. 

Adding to the troubles of this stupid "Suck For Luck" mantra is the fact that we won our only 2 games that year in the last 3 weeks of the season, against division opponents (Tenn/Houston), a move that put us in jeopardy of losing the #1 pick to Washington. 

I'm sorry, but the cries of us "Suck[ing] For Luck" fail on all fronts, and anyone wishing to stand by it is aligning themselves with moon landing conspiracists and 9/11 truthers. 

No, the "majority" of fans outside Indy tease us about the circumstance, but they do not actually believe this garbage if they're smart enough to microwave a Hot Pocket successfully. 

It sounds catchy...."Suck For Luck"....rolls right off the tongue. But it fails logistically in mammoth fashion. It is literally 100% IMPOSSIBLE to get 53 individual professional football players to ruin their careers in order to help a team that will most certainly cut them after the season. As we saw happen, we fired almost EVERYBODY. I think even the landscaping company got fired........

In today's Free-agency market, it just cannot happen. 

Adding to the troubles of this stupid "Suck For Luck" mantra is the fact that we won our only 2 games that year in the last 3 weeks of the season, against division opponents (Tenn/Houston), a move that put us in jeopardy of losing the #1 pick to Washington. 

I'm sorry, but the cries of us "Suck[ing] For Luck" fail on all fronts, and anyone wishing to stand by it is aligning themselves with moon landing conspiracists and 9/11 truthers. 

This reminds me of my Psychology professor in college.

He gave extremely difficult tests. He also would average the score. So if 30 students took a test the HIGHEST test score became the 100% score. So if you scored say a 25/30 on a test and your 25 was the highest score then the test became 25/25. If someone scored a 20/30 they then had their score adjusted to 20/25. So on and so on...you get what I'm saying here.

He also made sure to tell the class plain and simple...you can all do whatever you want. If you think you can get 29 of your fellow students to all bomb the test then be my guess and give it a shot.

He's a psychology professor you know...He said....it would be nearly impossible to get 29 of your fellow students to conspire to all "suck" for the sake of getting an A on the test. Furthermore if it was ever discovered that you made an attempt to do so you would be subject to "cheating" at the college level which would risk putting your entire college career in the toilet and having to face the Dean of the school and being subject to being expelled or suspended or removed from a critical course you need to earn your degree.

I mean really...it's almost absolutely inconceivable that you could pull such a thing off. You are NOT going to get 52 of your fellow players ALL to go along with sinking their playing career (how many might have been on a contract year needing to prove themselves even). It's just ludicrous that anyone could conceive such a notion to be possible.

That just proves there are a lot of stupid people.

In a week 17 game last season, the Buccaneers had a 21-7 lead on the Saints. If the Bucs win, they pass the 1st pick to Tennessee...so Lovie Smith benched his star players and allowed the Saints to come back and win. When asked about the blatant tank job, Lovie claimed that he was "evaluating the whole roster", so he needed to see the backups play in this situation.

It's funny that Colts fans catch flak for "Suck for Luck", but the Buccaneers don't even have this mentioned on that page.

The Colts whole team was built around Peyton Manning in 2011, and the years before that. Polian built a lousy offensive line, because Manning had such a quick release. Polian built a defense full of undersized players with quickness, decent when holding a lead but lousy against the run. While we had a great stable of pass catchers (Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark, etc) our quarterbacks couldn't get them the ball consistently. Collins was bad, Painter was worse, and Orlovsky pulled off a couple nailbiters that were the only thing keeping us from matching Detroit's 0-16 mark. 

For years people said "Without Peyton Manning, the Colts would be lucky to win one game." And without Peyton Manning...we were lucky enough to win two. Then those same people act surprised after the fact, how in the world could they only win two games that year? Look at the talent around them, look at how the team was built.

Did you not even read my post where I said the players had nothing to do with it? Didn't even read it. Way to go.

And just for posterity, these were posted on this board in the game day thread against the Texans back in 2011, first game of the season. No point in searching for the probable hundreds of other similar comments made in the next few months by proud Colts fans.

Yep. Game over. This is beyond pathetic......Andrew Luck?

No offense guys, but i hope we do horrible this season and get good draft spot, so we can get the QB from stanford LUCK

'll say it one more time in this forum. We need to loose all of them and draft Andrew Luck for next year. Enough said.

they need to start rebuilding now time to get LUCK from college.

You don't think MANAGEMENT (as in, NOT THE PLAYERS) thought this too? I'll say it once more. PSH.

Perhaps an opinion on what is "gamesmanship" would help with clarification. If any rule that is in place regarding "in game" activities, and that is judged by the referees, is then violated....(eg. pass interference, holding, chop blocking, etc)...that is gamesmanship, IMO. 

Filming other teams practices, stealing play books, deflating balls or replacing the air with helium before the game, etc...is cheating. So the adage, "if you're not cheating, you're not trying", should actually be replaced with "if your not practicing gamesmanship, your not trying".... would be more appropriate. 

If a guy falls in the draft because he has short arms or small/weak hands, that player should not be able to make the balls more comfortable to fit their hands. No more than a player who falls in the draft because they are oft injured should be allowed to use HGH to heal quicker to make them more competitive. There is a reason why the NFL chooses to govern the PSI of game footballs. This is not a small thing that is just silly. Every aspect of the game is carefully considered by the competition committee. Cheating, is cheating, not matter how small or trivial one may consider a violation. I recently was filmed slowing to a 1 mph roll in an intersection and it cost me $268. The camera clearly had me looking in both directions, and there was not a single car in sight. That 1 mph roll didn't harm anyone, and had no affect on traffic or anyone's safety...but a complete stop is a complete stop. I wrote the check for the full amount and my reputation as a driver was punished because of it, and my rates went up. 

Frankly, I am just tired of the whole "win at all costs" mentality that has permeated this sports culture. It makes me want to puke. When I found out Robert Mathis was guilty, I threw him under the bus. Go back and read it. Rationalizing cheating behavior of anyone on your team is pathetic, and quite reflective of one's own integrity. In all, I may be embarrassed beyond description at how rude some Colt fans are about our entire front office and their choices, but many reflect the kind of class that Horseshoe represents. 

Did you not even read my post where I said the players had nothing to do with it? Didn't even read it. Way to go.

And just for posterity, these were posted on this board in the game day thread against the Texans back in 2011, first game of the season. No point in searching for the probable hundreds of other similar comments made in the next few months by proud Colts fans.

You don't think MANAGEMENT (as in, NOT THE PLAYERS) thought this too? I'll say it once more. PSH.

Things posted by fans on a forum board is not necessarily opinions of the management.

People are so jealous the Colts got Luck. I thought Patriots fans would just be proud of their team, but maybe all of this cheating has them insecure.

Pats are 4-0 in Luck era with all blow outs. We love that you got him and Pagano too.