Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Bogus

The league has tried avoiding this for years & there is no way they want a star player or team to be made to look so bad its a black eye for the league & that combined with past Patriot issues will be dealt with harshly ,

This commisioner trashed the spygate home movies and wanted to move on now here he is again that is terrible publicity & no one wants that IMO .

Oh stop. If they were not interested in making this a mountain they have then they would have removed those game balls at the start of the game and then just punished the Pats post-game with a fine and maybe a pick. But they were trying to prove a history of this which is why there was an investigation. Of course that part failed miserably and now they are left with just the champ game and a lot of probables which they will be called to the carpet on by Brady.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh stop. If they were not interested in making this a mountain they have then they would have removed those game balls at the start of the game and then just punished the Pats post-game with a fine and maybe a pick. But they were trying to prove a history of this which is why there was an investigation. Of course that part failed miserably and now they are left with just the champ game and a lot of probables which they will be called to the carpet on by Brady.

What report did you read that failed miserably?

The NFL is out to tarnish Brady ?

I bet those spygate tapes were just home movies too.

The NFL would love nothing more then Brady to be a model citizen. Pretty boy, multiple championship winner, married to a super model. Why would they purposely tarnish his image when they need some squeaky clean faces for the organization ?

They have players killing people, beating women, beating kids, drug suspensions are an everyday thing, all kinds of woes.

I doubt very much they want the face of the team with the most Superbowl wins this era to be tarnished.

Goddell probably would have aired those balls back up himself if he could have got his hands on them before the officials rechecked them.

He's on the hot seat though for being Kraft's buddy and I'm sure the way he destroyed the spygate stuff didn't sit real well with all the owners.

He surely didn't want this, there was no sting operation, I would say that either the commissioner either didn't know before hand that the Pats were being accused of deflating balls or too many other people knew and he couldn't make a call to Kraft to tell his good buddy that he better make sure those balls were legit that week.

Old Roger is now seeing Kraft's true colors, he will throw him under the bus to try and prove they didn't cheat when they did. You destroy tapes of my team cheating and I will take you for a ride on my yacht, you catch my guys cheating and allow it to go public then I will do my best to discredit you and accuse you of lying.

If Brady was the great innocent hero caught in a lie, and is now willing to fight to the finish to protect his name then why wouldn't he have handed over his phone and email ? I mean if you are that concerned with not being seen in a bad light and know you are innocent then what's the big deal ? Do you think Peyton would have handed over his phones ? I'm betting yes. Lucks phone probably can't text so I'm sure he would hand it over.

Look at all the endorsement deals Brady could lose by being a proven cheater ? Millions of dollars lost, but you hand over the phone and prove you are innocent then no problem.

Bradys problem is his 2 cohorts were *s, and if he wants to force the issue I'm sure that those 2 *s will give him up quick. They don't have his millions to fall back on, they need their jobs more then he needs his at this point.

I've been following all this noise from the sidelines, and have a couple reactions (just hunches/opinions):

1. I find myself wondering if all the speculative language is intentional by the league to give the Pats ammo to accept the punishment(s), but save face by posturing after. The league needs the Pats, and needs this to blow over as quickly as possible.

2. I struggle to buy into the idea that the SB win, or any further success, for that matter, does anything to salvage any reputations. This is just creating a gnawing sense (in me) that the Pats have been caught on 2 smallish things, but it's starting to feel like a tip of an iceberg... Like this organization has been employing all kinds of shady tactics, and we only know about the cameras and needles.

No evidence. No sources. Just growing, uncomfortable impressions.

This is what I have thought also. It's not just about one game, and I believe it is also a good reason that the investigation took so long.

I won't stay on these boards if this is all I hear about week in and out when Tom plays or NE wins.

That would be a great loss for this board. While I am one who would like to see Brady and the Pats punished in some way for hurting the integrity of the game, I appreciate your balanced approach to this. The board needs members like yourself who bring a different perspective. I hope you stay.

If I'm being honest, It really concerns me how much I've let this entire fiasco bother me.

I have exhausted way too much time and energy on something that has zero to do with my life.

As I stated very early on in this thread, it wasn't so much about the deflated footballs, it was the lying, cheating, and the blame game. It was wrong to cheat, it was wrong to lie, and it was much worse to try to blame those you were cheating against, and to blame the league for your own wrong doing.

Enough is enough.

If I'm being honest, It really concerns me how much I've let this entire fiasco bother me.

I have exhausted way too much time and energy on something that has zero to do with my life.

As I stated very early on in this thread, it wasn't so much about the deflated footballs, it was the lying, cheating, and the blame game. It was wrong to cheat, it was wrong to lie, and it was much worse to try to blame those you were cheating against, and to blame the league for your own wrong doing.

Enough is enough.

Time for that dirty joke then Gramz!

Goodell is not the one who will give out the penalty. That privilege goes to Vincent Jackson I think. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I stand corrected! Thanks, crazycolt1! Wonder if he's allowed to get input from Goodell. Anyone know how this penalty phase works itself out?

I have a great idea.

By now, it's pretty evident that Tom will be getting suspended.  What we don't know is how many games.  FOX just said something about 8 games, but I don't know if they know something or are just guessing.

I'm not positive, but I think those are suspensions without pay and that the pay goes to charity.

I propose that the NFL set up a Colts.com charity where that money will be dispersed to any members who have had to endure the mental anguish of putting up with Patriot trolls.  

Same people who were preaching to show compassion to fans from other teams are the ones attacking them in this thread.

What a joke.

All this means, Patriots are going to be extra * and motivated for the next season. Not a good sign for other teams for sure.

I've been following all this noise from the sidelines, and have a couple reactions (just hunches/opinions):

1. I find myself wondering if all the speculative language is intentional by the league to give the Pats ammo to accept the punishment(s), but save face by posturing after. The league needs the Pats, and needs this to blow over as quickly as possible.

2. I struggle to buy into the idea that the SB win, or any further success, for that matter, does anything to salvage any reputations. This is just creating a gnawing sense (in me) that the Pats have been caught on 2 smallish things, but it's starting to feel like a tip of an iceberg... Like this organization has been employing all kinds of shady tactics, and we only know about the cameras and needles.

No evidence. No sources. Just growing, uncomfortable impressions.

"it's starting to feel like a tip of an iceberg" I agree. Then of course, side-swiping one by a glancing blow can ...

Sink the ship! (1912)

Yeah the Saints were on fire after Bountygate ....

Pats make the playoffs every year, unless they finally have a perfect season I don't see much changing by them being extra motivated. They gonna run up scores ? They are known to do that anyways.

It should be a year suspension for Brady. From the little I read about the report, it seemed there may have even been some bribery going on and there was definitely a cover up.

For the Patriots it should be a heftier price. They've learned nothing from Spy gate. I say no 1-2 round draft picks for the next 2 drafts, suspend the HC and owner, and fine them each $1 million dollars

Same people who were preaching to show compassion to fans from other teams are the ones attacking them in this thread.

What a joke.

All this means, Patriots are going to be extra * and motivated for the next season. Not a good sign for other teams for sure.

They're really in your head, aren't they?

Gotta question here for anyone who knows the process here. During the punishment phase, does Vincent Jackson get input from Roger Goodell, and if so, how does that get determined by the one and /or two according to NFL protocol?

I stand corrected! Thanks, crazycolt1! Wonder if he's allowed to get input from Goodell. Anyone know how this penalty phase works itself out?

More than likely Goodell would have some input I would think. Not too sure about anything that comes out of the front offices of the NFL.

What a joke.

That story is a little old...

Idk what I want, I mean if Brady did cheat, than he should be punish. But I also don't want to play the patriots without Brady. So conflicted.

Why not? I understand wanting to beat the best at their best, but it will give us a huge advantage in getting home-field in the playoffs.

Gotta question here for anyone who knows the process here. During the punishment phase, does Vincent Jackson get input from Roger Goodell, and if so, how does that get determined by the one and /or two according to NFL protocol?

Vincent Jackson is a WR for the Bucs. Troy Vincent is the who You are thinking of here.

Why not? I understand wanting to beat the best at their best, but it will give us a huge advantage in getting home-field in the playoffs.

That is true, I mean it ain't like its our fault that he cheated. Ig we could take advantage. Beat them in the reg. season, and play them again at home in playoffs with Brady back. That could work.

The way I see it, there is a line somewhere on the punishment scale.

Anything below that line, Tom Brady laughs and takes it as a victory.

Any punishment handed down needs to be well on the greater-than side of that line.

Something to consider here about competitive advantage. If Brady misses Pitt game and Pats lose and then he is back for Colts game and Pats win then Pitt could have a tie breaker over Colts just by virtue of the Steelers not having to go up against Brady.

Pittsburgh would have to beat the Colts again.

Peyton Manning returned to Indianapolis for a fundraiser Friday at a children’s hospital named in his honor, and the Denver Broncos quarterback pleaded the fifth when asked about Brady’s role in DeflateGate.

“Like I said, I’ll speak it as clearly and slowly as I can,” Manning told reporters, via The Associated Press. “He’s my friend, he’ll always be my friend. I don’t know what happened, I don’t have much more than that for you.”