Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe brady should be suspended indefinitely and that he should lose eligibility to enter the hall fame.

If Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck were to cheat in this manner then I would ask they receive the same punishment. I am a Colts fan, and I enjoy watching all of the players who have played for us. But none of them is or ever will be more important than the Blue Shoe.

It is clear to me that this "deflate the ball cheating" had been going on for a very long time. One of the guys actually called himself the deflater. Jerome Bettis said that there is not a strong enough person on the planet who could rip a deflated ball away from him, but that a properly inflated ball can easily be fumbled away.

I ask everyone this - Is there a chance that the patriots also cheated against the Ravens? If so then is there a chance that deflated balls played a role in ball security during the patriots and Ravens game? If you answer yes, then you also must also agree that the entire Super Bowl is tainted. There is no doubt in my mind they cheated the entire year. Look at the fumble rates of the patriots players. It is mind-boggling when compared to rest of the NFL. And when those same players leave the patriots, they start fumbling again.

I will take it a step further. Let's say the Ravens would have beaten the patriots because a patriots player fumbled the ball away. Just one more turnover could have been the difference. Folks we would not be having this conversation, and Colts fans would possibly be rejoicing in Andrew Luck's first Super Bowl appearance, and maybe even a Super Bowl victory. The AFC Championship game would have been held in Indianapolis, with no rain or wind. Our offense would have been in its perfect climate. We had already handily beaten the Ravens. The Colts had already beaten the Seahawks a season before too.

The patriots do not deserve to hold the crown for 2014, and it is quite possible they stole a Super Bowl from the Colts.

Its an embarrassment to the NFL, and if Roger Goodell has any integrity for the National Football League then he will ban tom brady from the NFL, and never allow him to return again.

I agree.

I already did in a previous post on this thread but I will summarize again:

• The report has zero evidence tying Brady to anything involving the AFCCG game. No texts, no messages, nothing.
  •  Walt Anderson never wrote down the pre-game psi measurements and was unsure what gauge he used to measure the balls. This alone would get the report thrown out as it is hearsay and the most important fact in determining if balls were tampered with.
  • The halftime measurements which are now irrelevant given the pre-game psi is based on hearsay were done with two different gauges giving two different sets of data. On top of that only 4 Colts balls were measure to the Pats 11. And one of the Colts 4 balls had to be elimated due to a faulty reading.
  • Brady played with balls that were inflated to 16 psi during the Jets game. Wells apparently interviewd the ref that did that game but never shared his testimony as to why he inflated the balls to 16 psi which is 2.5 psi above the range. This would beg the question about how the balls are handled by the refs pre-game and again call into question Walt's handling of the balls at the AFCCG.

I could go on but I think you get the jist here. There are holes, big holes everywhere that would be shot down in a legal procedure regardless of verbiage used to try to impugn Brady. 

To the bolded..

You don't NEED the pre-game psi. If the balls were cleared by the refs, it's obvious that the psi was in the acceptable range.  

The report is pretty damning, no matter how many facts you try to spin.

Hey, it's the patriot way

Apparently lol

Not kidding, but my opinion of the Patriots just keeps getting worse the more she posts. Because I believe the Patriots organization most likely thinks the exact same which is sickening. They cheated and refuse to acknowledge and literally create delusional world's to justify Brady's actions.

From here on out Brady is nothing regardless of what is said or done. It's one thing to cheat but to tell everyone else that's accusing you its just sour grapes and saying it's "gamemanship" shows that truly he's just a dirty player And completely full of himself.

People like him are what's ruining the world today. Oh I did something bad? Well its your fault for putting the rule not me breaking it.

Apologies for the rant lol

Sure but you need to read between the lines here. This isn't a leak. This is Aiello from the NFL saying the title was misleading. Now we know the NFL leaked the original story and now it is saying it is misleading. That is big. We will see ultimately but the back lash they are getting over a suspension from the networks and sponsors not to mention that report has to be weighing heavily here.

For once I will give the league credit here. They waited to punish to gauge public perception unlike Rice so they are being very smart IMO.

Lol living fairy land again. A guy not in the NFL reported on something not officially released.... duh it's a prediction. Duh a rep from the NFL isn't going to say anything about it until the NFL has made it publicly known. If you weren't desperately gasping at straws you'd understand this whole article literally means nothing just the same as the New Yorkers. It isn't "huge" it's flipping captain obvious telling you hi.

Dreamers sure dream big in Boston.

So you have no response other than to talk about critical thinking and logic? You hide behind verbiage like "strawmen" when I did present the facts as laid out in the Wells report? This response is about a half step below people who pick on posts for grammar and spelling ...

Page 46

"During interviews, when asked to explain the source of their concerns about the
Patriots game balls, Grigson, Sullivan, and other members of the Colts equipment staff
referenced the Colts Week 11 game against the Patriots in Indianapolis. During that game, Colts
strong safety Mike Adams intercepted two passes thrown by Tom Brady. On both occasions,
Adams handed the footballs to Brian Seabrooks, an Assistant Equipment Manager for the Colts,
on the sideline. Sullivan also examined the footballs because, as he described it, he always
checks to see how other teams prepare their balls to “make sure no one is doing a better job.”
Sullivan and Seabrooks said that the intercepted footballs appeared to be coated in a tacky
substance and seemed spongy or soft when squeezed. They explained that even though they did
not test the air pressure of the intercepted footballs at the time, based on their years of
experience, the softness of the balls raised suspicions."

IF you want to call me fanatical then I think you have to also admit you are an extreme Patriot hater. I think that is fair so the conclusion of this is probably somewhere in the middle. I do think at times the league has given the Pats preferential  treatment but in this case with ball deflation, it has been the opposite as this should have been handled and put to bed on Jan. 19.

Page 26

"As noted, there was a significant exception to the cooperation provided by the
Patriots. Although we requested a follow-up interview of Jim McNally after our initial
interview, counsel for the Patriots refused our request. We offered to conduct the interview at
any time or location that would be convenient for McNally, and explained—both in writing and
in-person during other meetings—that our follow-up questions would be limited to subject
matter directly relevant to the investigation that was developed following our initial interview
with McNally. McNally was one of the earliest Patriots personnel interviewed by our
investigative team and a number of important follow-up questions had arisen based on
subsequent interviews and information discovered after our initial interview of McNally.
Counsel for the Patriots, however, declined to produce McNally, and communicated an
unwillingness even to advise McNally of our request for a follow-up interview. We do not know
definitively whether McNally was, in fact, informed of our request. The investigative process
would have benefited from further questioning of McNally on certain topics, and we believe that
the actions of the Patriots and their counsel in this regard are inconsistent both with the club‟s
public pronouncements of full cooperation with the investigation and its obligations under
Section 2 of the Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules."

AM at this point I don't understand what your trying to accomplish. Before the report came out I get it...the whole innocent before proven guilty thing and people jumped to a bunch of conclusions....now that it's out its pretty damning evidence. People obviously are having all sorts of opinions varying in how bad it is etc but continuing to try to defend a position that really has no leg to stand on just is going to make you look really bad and damage your credibility down the road in future threads. While we have a great deal of over-reactions on the board you need to just ignore them. Your going to have to take a more moderate approach here even if your heart doesn't want to accept what has happened. A lot of people that want to be level headed about all this have a hard time when others come in and stir the pot. Let this die down a bit. A lot think highly of Brady and his accomplishments but not of his handling of this situation and choices he made recently. The sooner the argument about what he and the patriots have done is over the sooner we get back to talking about legitimate football and yes can even talk about all the good accomplishments between the lines and what they might do this year. This thread will die when the punishment is out and done and people stop arguing about whether he did it or not etc. most level headed people and even the ones that hate Brady know that he is the most accomplished qb of our era but until they are allowed to voice their anger and get this out without someone stirring it up the sooner we move on to this season. Please just put down the banner....you don't have to carry it into every thread...beating the Brady drum isn't going to accomplish a thing. I respect all he has accomplished but in this situation he is dead wrong....the pats look real bad and you just got to accept that and either forgive and move on or look like a fanatic. When the pacers had their scuffle years ago I was upset. Sold my tickets and didn't support them until they cleaned up the team. Even if I felt that a lot of what happened wasn't all the players faults enough wrong was done and image hurt that I had to take a stand. Not saying you gotta stop cheering etc...but you gotta step back and objectively look at this and decide is it worth defending. I don't see how here....chalk it up to a black eye on them....and their rep and either demand better of them or let them go. If not you just look like a crazy sports fan and nothing you say will be taken seriously on the subject. Just my advice.

This is good advice offered in a respectful manner. This is another example of why this board needs you to continue to post...and post often.

Great post SW1. Brady is planning on speaking after the punishment is handed down. He said that last night at Salem State when he spoke. He is waiting for the league's process to be completed.

Page 21:

"Similarly, although Tom Brady appeared for a requested interview and answered
questions voluntarily, he declined to make available any documents or electronic information
(including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited
to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game
balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s
counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive
materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic
devices. Our inability to review contemporaneous communications and other documents in
Brady‟s possession and control related to the matters under review potentially limited the
discovery of relevant evidence and was not helpful to the investigation."

2-6 games is not a slap on the wrist and this IS about his rep more so than the punishment. Anything beyond a fine and he is going to court. Yee made that pretty clear on his media tour this week ...

He won't go to the court he is afraid of what they could find on his cellphone, maybe some of his WRs and TEs knew about it(they have contact with the ball frequently) .

Did you read the Judith Batista article on the NFL.com? IMO it was very clear that the language that was used on the report is good enough to give Brady the sanction they see convenient. 

• The report has zero evidence tying Brady to anything involving the AFCCG game. No texts, no messages, nothing
I could go on but I think you get the jist here. There are holes, big holes everywhere that would be shot down in a legal procedure regardless of verbiage used to try to impugn Brady.

Page 21:

questions voluntarily, he declined to make available any documents or electronic information

(including text messages and emails) that we requested, even though those requests were limited

to the subject matter of our investigation (such as messages concerning the preparation of game

balls, air pressure of balls, inflation of balls or deflation of balls) and we offered to allow Brady‟s

counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive

materials and would not involve our taking possession of Brady‟s telephone or other electronic

devices. Our inability to review contemporaneous communications and other documents in

Brady‟s possession and control related to the matters under review potentially limited the

Read something else that's interesting:

http://tikiandtierney.radio.cbssports.com/2015/05/08/chris-simms-brady-the-only-qb-to-go-below-legal-limit/

Chris Simms knows Brady very well and says he is the ONLY qb to go BELOW the legal psi limit on his footballs. Siims sees other team's qb's with their ball boys on the sidelines. It looks like the ball boys for New England go unaccounted for a lot?

He goes on to say:

“(As far as) being able to pin that (deflate-gate) to Tom . . . well, you and I both know, equipment guys, they wouldn’t do anything without getting the green flag from the quarterback or the head coach,” Simms said. “This is an area where I don’t think the head coach ever gets involved. This is a Brady and a ball boy situation. We don’t have anything definitive right now, but to me, all signs point toward guilty.”

Agreed. It's pretty obvious equipment staff are not going to go rogue and do this on their own accord. That's dumb, and if the sports memorabilia/gifts are any indication, Brady certainly was involved.

Just read the report, these are direct orders from Brady.  Brady is even mentioned several times in the texts, he is certainly involved.  He complained about the pressure, wanted it lower and they decided to use a needle to get it under.  All three, both equipment managers and Brady should be punished.  Although, most want Belichick in trouble, whether he knew about it or not, it wasn't proven or even mentioned in the report, so you really can't touch him on this one. 

Page 21:

Read this from a non-sports journalist, https://consortiumnews.com/2015/05/08/why-write-about-nfls-deflategate/

Peyton Manning ——

"Like I said, I'll speak it as clearly and slowly as I can. He's my friend, he'll always be my friend," Manning told reporters before a fundraiser for the Indianapolis children's hospital named in his honor. "I don't know what happened, I don't have much more than that for you."

What a great thing to say.

Staying neutral and classy. This is why he is the greatest of all time. Well one of the reasons

AM at this point I don't understand what your trying to accomplish. Before the report came out I get it...the whole innocent before proven guilty thing and people jumped to a bunch of conclusions....now that it's out its pretty damning evidence. People obviously are having all sorts of opinions varying in how bad it is etc but continuing to try to defend a position that really has no leg to stand on just is going to make you look really bad and damage your credibility down the road in future threads. While we have a great deal of over-reactions on the board you need to just ignore them. Your going to have to take a more moderate approach here even if your heart doesn't want to accept what has happened. A lot of people that want to be level headed about all this have a hard time when others come in and stir the pot. Let this die down a bit. A lot think highly of Brady and his accomplishments but not of his handling of this situation and choices he made recently. The sooner the argument about what he and the patriots have done is over the sooner we get back to talking about legitimate football and yes can even talk about all the good accomplishments between the lines and what they might do this year. This thread will die when the punishment is out and done and people stop arguing about whether he did it or not etc. most level headed people and even the ones that hate Brady know that he is the most accomplished qb of our era but until they are allowed to voice their anger and get this out without someone stirring it up the sooner we move on to this season. Please just put down the banner....you don't have to carry it into every thread...beating the Brady drum isn't going to accomplish a thing. I respect all he has accomplished but in this situation he is dead wrong....the pats look real bad and you just got to accept that and either forgive and move on or look like a fanatic. When the pacers had their scuffle years ago I was upset. Sold my tickets and didn't support them until they cleaned up the team. Even if I felt that a lot of what happened wasn't all the players faults enough wrong was done and image hurt that I had to take a stand. Not saying you gotta stop cheering etc...but you gotta step back and objectively look at this and decide is it worth defending. I don't see how here....chalk it up to a black eye on them....and their rep and either demand better of them or let them go. If not you just look like a crazy sports fan and nothing you say will be taken seriously on the subject. Just my advice.

nicely worded. And I did the same for the Pacers...used to have season tickets, I gave up the tickets after that brawl and I completely stopped following them once Reggie Miller retired.

Seems harsh I know but I couldn't support that team. I do watch today's team from time to time but I won't get tickets again

I've said all along 4 games. Now I'm thinking it might be 6 to 8, but still nothing less than 4.

Ive got bad feeling. I think it's entirely possible it's a 1 game or no game suspension. For most other players, I think it'd been an 8 to 16 game suspension. But not the poster boy. I hope I'm wrong but I've got this feeling that all this hype will turn out not being what we want or less than what he deserves...

there are a lot of good posters on here...but if this thing gets brought up 24/7 etc instead of people objectively watching football and commenting on what happens on the field it will get old fast.

:D  its the off season what football are you watching ?

I know it's raw right now so I get it....but eventually people will have to move on or admit that despite this little scandal the Pats and Brady are and have been the best football organization and player I've seen since going back to the Cowboys of the 90s and 49ers of the late 80s.

I'll be glad to admit The Patriots from top to bottom suck & that they have cheated since 2000  & are in no way better than either or even equal to these teams .

Unless you have information that proves they cheated & lied  or hindered an investigation  your opinion is inaccurate .

If you want to praise the Patriots go ahead IMO your the exception to the rule & there is always at least one . Your IMO is a minority opinion in the single digits . :thmup: 

Page 21:

May as well try beating a brick wall in tennis. She can't comprehend the facts. Many people have tried this week to no avail. She's reads only what she wants and then twists it into her lame and infant based arguements. Just ignore her and wait for the suspension or lack thereof to be handed down.

Cheers.

I'm not sure what there is to argue about here?

When you walk into your living room, you see a broken lamp laying next to a ball, you don't need "evidence" to know your child was responsible. You don't need a confession. You don't need video evidence, scientific data, weather reports. 

After losing to New England last January, I was complimenting Brady and the team for what they've accomplished. I talked very highly of them. ....but then this happened. At first, I was shocked. After a bit, I thought this to be no big deal, but then Tom denied it, and did so in a very unconvincing way. 

Now we have text messages from his equipment guys, one of them nicknamed "The Deflater". 

"The Deflater"? Are you kidding me? Really? And these Boston fans are actually going to ignore this? What was the other guys nickname? Pete The Cheat? For Christ's sakes.....this is HILARIOUS. 

The whole thing is just a big joke, with thousands of punchlines (Boston Fans) who cannot pronounce the letter "W".  

lmao

May as well try beating a brick wall in tennis. She can't comprehend the facts. Many people have tried this week to no avail. She's reads only what she wants and then twists it into her lame and infant based arguements. Just ignore her and wait for the suspension or lack thereof to be handed down.

Cheers.

:blah:  Amfootball

:wall:  Everybody else

lol....no. 

Gotta disagree. The Pats will have him out there the first second he can be.

Given the Patriots recent behavior, it wouldn't surprise me if they slapped a cheap fake mustache on him and said his name was Tim Sanchez, undrafted Free Agent from New Mexico State. 

Brady is 37 years old.  He will be 38 in August (Wikipedia).  If he misses 8 games, the Pats have almost no chance of the playoffs.  The next season he will be 39 years old.  How many QBs play past that age?  Brady said he wants to play into his 40's and there is no way that will happen with the Pats.  They are cold and calculating. Favre and Moon are the only franchise QBs I know to do that and they had to go to other teams.  Brady will too.  A lot of people think he will play forever, but his time is approaching.  Maybe I'm wrong about the specifics, but his days are numbered and it will happen sooner rather than later.

https://m.soundcloud.com/maddogsportsradio

This should be heard. Mad Dog's takes on both the Brushi/Woody exchange, as well as the "sophomoric Boston fan" defending him.

There are a few rants but I would start with "Another Mad Dog Deflategate..." And also listen to his take on Boston fans.

https://m.soundcloud.com/maddogsportsradio/another-mad-dog-deflategate-rant-the-destruction-of-tedy-bruschi

https://m.soundcloud.com/maddogsportsradio/5-8-15-dog-segment-pats-fans-sound-cloud

It wont be for a year I can guarantee that. To the NFL and a lot of people in general, the Pats are like the Yankees of the NFL. Which means they'll get special consideration, more attention, and made out to be this be unstoppable force. They'll get away with more too. It'll be a game or 3 and nothing more. There are 4 teams in sports that I hate to their core. They are the New England Patriots, New York Yankees, New York Mets, and Duke Blue Devils. But I hate New England and everything about them more so than any of those other teams. Tom Brady looks like a 40year old Justin Bieber, and all he does is whine and complain. I can see him now whining about the suspension with that little baby mad face and his 15 year old boy scream. This is a great day even if it does only end up being for 2 games.

Alex Rodriguez initially got 211 games which was reduced to a full year and technically did nothing worse than others who get 50 games.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 10, 2015 - quoting/discussing removed post
Hidden by Nadine, May 10, 2015 - quoting/discussing removed post

Don't say things like that. Just do what I did a few months ago. Leave, add a few people to your ignore list, and come back when you feel you can deal. 

PS: This conversation will NEVER end, not unless Tom grows a pair of stones and admits his role, this will NEVER go away. 

Ruk,

It looks like Gramz cannot reply to your post because  as per her request her account has been closed. Well there is another good poster lost because of the nonsense that is being allowed on what was a good forum.

Have you actually read the report? Here is a snippet:

"The primary topic of the investigation has been the circumstances surrounding the use by the Patriots of footballs inflated at below-regulation air pressure levels during the AFC Championship Game, including whether Patriots personnel were involved in deliberate efforts to circumvent the Playing Rules. The investigation also has involved an assessment of the circumstances surrounding a possible attempt by the Patriots to introduce to the playing field a non-approved kicking ball during the AFC Championship Game. For the reasons described in this Report, and after a comprehensive investigation, we have concluded that, in connection with the AFC Championship Game, it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules. In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

It's so funny to me That all of these Patriots fans are talking as if this was a court document to prove guilt. It wasn't, thus it's not gonna be some full proof since all evidence can't be collected because the Patriots and Brady refused to fully communicate. It's just a 3rd party peek and it's already damming enough. I can't wait till Brady takes it to court. But sadly I don't think he is as dumb as his fans think he is.

This isn't about Brady at all. I understand legalities from my PR background. Believe me when I tell you the report is a pile of poop and that is what Yee was communicating this past week and the fact that Brady will fight any type of suspension and tear that report apart with his legal counsel. It will take all of 5 minutes to do.

You understand that if they appeal McNally will be called as a witness. You're right, it will only take about five minutes. But the outcome won't be what you're hoping for

So if the Pats get caught cheating before the game starts then its fine and we all laugh at those rascals. The NFL waited to see if they would actually cheat and when they did, well then it's a sting operation and the NFL was out to get them.

They cheated !!!!

They knowingly broke the rules.

If I rob a bank its not the cops fault for not arresting me until after I rob the bank. You can't get busted for not breaking the rules and you can't break the rules then blame someone else for not stopping you.

Brady knew he was breaking the rules, they didn't make the rule an hour before the game. Nobody forced him to do it, if he hasn't done it then he would have never been caught doing it.

If I eat ice cream every day all day and gain 400 pounds its not the scales fault I'm overweight, its just reporting the facts.

I disagree

haha  If you were a Patriot fan its most definitely the ice cream makers fault sue baby sue . :D

nicely worded. And I did the same for the Pacers...used to have season tickets, I gave up the tickets after that brawl and I completely stopped following them once Reggie Miller retired.

Seems harsh I know but I couldn't support that team. I do watch today's team from time to time but I won't get tickets again

I did the same it took time i'v been back a couple of seasons , Was glad stevenson left he was good but he was to much like artest .

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 11, 2015 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 11, 2015 - response to hidden post

Ruk,

It looks like Gramz cannot reply to your post because  as per her request her account has been closed. Well there is another good poster lost because of the nonsense that is being allowed on what was a good forum.

That's a shame. Can understand the frustration. Here's my take on this garbage from irritating posters. If you disagree, state it. Maybe twice and sometimes three or four. That's enough, though. Even if it means letting them get the last word. So what? If the irritation continues and lags on, so be it.

THEY ARE THE ONES MAKING THEMSELVES LOOK ... F O O L I S H !

Please return, G! I value your knowledge and opinions as do most posters here.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 11, 2015 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 11, 2015 - response to hidden post

Ruk,

Thank you for posting this I hope she reconsiders soon she is a sweetheart & beautiful person loved by many .