Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans trying to catch up with the Colts...

bap1331

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JIm Harbaugh took the colts to the AFCCG in 95.

One of your illustrious brethren cancelled out our two playoff seasons and called us perennially mediocre - so I am taking away two of yours during that span. Gotta hand it to you though, y'all did make the playoffs in 1987 with a 9-6 record.

Well yeah the Texans are trying to catch the Colts. That's not really a shocker. I think they are much closer than Colts fans care to admit. I think they are a QB away from being a real force in the AFC. Lucky for Us Colts fans the QB poistion is the hardest poistion to find,

Thanks for the chuckle! Without GoldenBoy you'd be 4-12 at best.

yeah you take away most teams star QB if they have one and they are going to struggle. This isn't just a Colts thing. How good were the Seahawks before Russell Wilson? What would happen to the Steelers, Saints, Packers, or Broncos If they lost their star QB for a full season?

The Colts are the better team and yes the QB factors into that because he's apart of the team. That would be like saying the Texans defense isn't scary without JJ Watt. Well no duh but Watt is there so their defense is scary.

Watt's down year would be the best season a Colts defender has ever had. Ever.

this is just pointless smack talk. Robert Mathis nearly set the league record for sacks in a single season two years ago so this isn't true for starters. There is no doubt Watt is the best defensive player in the league and frankly that the league has seen in a long time but between Mathis and Freeney the Colts have had disruptive forces on defense over the years. Granted not to the level Watt is right now but there are only a handful of guys in the league history who were at that level. If he were to have a down year, which barring injury he won't, he would be at a level mathis and or Freeney have been at much of their careers which is still pretty darn good.

I like what O'Brien is doing there. He is inching the Texans forward and getting Hoyer to go along with Mallett at the QB spot is a good upgrade from this time last year.

Question for Vance and Qwiz - how is Savage coming along? Any word on his development?

I'm more worried about good Mallet can be.  They won 9 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback.  They have just improved their defense even more then it was.

Honestly Mallet doesn't have to be very good to make them a threat.  

We really can't afford to sleep on the Texans guys.  

I'm more worried about good Mallet can be.  They won 9 games with Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback.  They have just improved their defense even more then it was.

Yes.  You guys on this message board really need to take the Texans more seriously, else the Colts risk losing both games to them next year and maybe the division.

Colts would know mediocre, check out your season records from 1984-1998; that's 14 years, longer than the Texans have existed. If it weren't for two QBs miraculously saving you from then on, the team would probably be in San Antonio by now.

Oh come on, don't get mad that our franchise knows how to use the #1 Overall Pick the right way. 

Talk to me about how your team is so good when they finally win a game in Indy. Until then, enjoy your 17 week football season.

it doesn't really matter if we sleep on them or not, it matters if the team sleeps on them and they won't.

I don't know how much Wilfork has left and how much they've improved with the subtraction of Johnson and the addition of Shorts but they will very much be our main competition in our division. They were a winning team last year at 9-7....I think people like to give them a hard time because its a divisional foe and all but anyone who just out right dismisses them I think is being rash. If Foster stays healthy and can run the ball and that defense continues to put pressure on opponents they have the ability to win quite a few games....perhaps even spliting with us. We all knows injuries can make or break a season and if Luck went down we won't be a playoff team. I think Bill still has some work to do with that offense and I'm not sure who the starter will be Hoyer or Mallett but I can say I think they are a team getting better....as opposed to a team getting worse like Chicago or Cleveland....and they certainly aren't a mess like Tampa or Tennessee. Good luck next year agaisnt anyone but us lol. I gotta say I love Texas....only place I would want to live...but I still would have to root for my Colts!!

I totally agree...   Clowney coming off of MAJOR knee surgery...     Hoyer, or Mallett at QB..  

Really?  Seriously?    I promise you all JAX will be the team to watch. 

I really like Indy's O, but they have GOT TO HIT IN THIS DRAFT AT A FEW POSITIONS on D.     They just have to...

And I would sign Hardy in a heartbeat.    Like Rick V says...  "you aint bringing him in here to date your daughter" ...

It's the NFL    not church league.

You guys should know by now that you play in the sorriest division where the Colts get to sweep their opponents every year. 

Houston is a joke. Bill O'Brien couldn't manage to get his best player on offense to stay. i don't care who they bring in. They still won't win 10 games and you all know this, it's just hot air. 

Hoyer is much better than people are giving him credit for. Houston is not that far behind. They realistically could be a 9 or 10 win team or better. They need players to stay healthy.

Respect is earned....

No QB, Foster done, AJ gone, Clowney ??, Cushing a showdow, safety's suck...   

Whats to love besides the fact you get to TRY and beat Tenn and Jax 4x a year...     

Maybe true, but I don't think the fanbase should disrespect them.  

I think the Texans are going to be looking pretty good on that defense after the draft.  Offensively speaking they don't have to have a lot of big names at WR.  They'll stick to running the football and playing Tom Brady ball in the passing game with quick short throws  and passes over the middle to tight ends.  I think that big Tight End they have named Fiedorowicz could do well in the passing game if they ever used him.  I used to wonder the same stuff about Julius Thomas until the Broncos finally got smart and started using him.  I think Houston is a good, but not great team.

Respect is earned....

No QB, Foster done, AJ gone, Clowney ??, Cushing a showdow, safety's suck...

Whats to love besides the fact you get to TRY and beat Tenn and Jax 4x a year...

They have the best defensive player in the league. They are 1-5 against the colts in the luck era. The colts got better, the Texans haven't ( on paper) I see status quo for the near future

Watt due a down year...best laugh of the night.

Yep. I suspect you'll be on here crying next year. Well, more than usual. Although credit to JJ, he could perhaps play QB and give your team a better chance at winning the pennant. Down year. You never really thought that one through, did you. But if he wins MVP next season I'll change my avatar to Mr Watt for 365 days.

Yep. I suspect you'll be on here crying next year. Well, more than usual. Although credit to JJ, he could perhaps play QB and give your team a better chance at winning the pennant. Down year. You never really thought that one through, did you. But if he wins MVP next season I'll change my avatar to Mr Watt for 365 days.

Hah, yeah I've heard the Watt for QB suggestions for a long time. The guy has gotten better and better each year so hey, nothing would surprise me at this point when it comes to his talent and capabilities.

JJ is due a down year.

You really believe that? He should have won MVP this year given his constant double teams, numerous sacks, batted down passes, & TE skills on offense with no franchise QB in the mix. 

Okay, I'll admit I'm extremely biased because JJ went to my alma mater & I'm very protective of him even if he does play for an AFC South rival. Watt stays in great shape, wears that protective sling on his arm, & he shows no signs of slowing down. 

I know it's customary to not say anything nice about a division foe, but Bill O'Brian is a good coach, Romeo Crennel is a darn good DC, & Vince Wilfork can still stuff the run & collapse the pocket. If they could find a permanent solution at QB, they'd be very formidable. I still want to see what Ryan Mallet can do if he can stay healthy for 16 weeks. 

If Clowney returns ready to go along with JJ & Wilfork in Sept., things will get more difficult for INDY & the time Luck has to survey the field. 

You really believe that? He should have won MVP this year given his constant double teams, numerous sacks, batted down passes, & TE skills on offense with no franchise QB in the mix.

Okay, I'll admit I'm extremely biased because JJ went to my alma mater & I'm very protective of him even if he does play for an AFC South rival. Watt stays in great shape, wears that protective sling on his arm, & he shows no signs of slowing down.

I know it's customary to not say anything nice about a division foe, but Bill O'Brian is a good coach, Romeo Crennel is a darn good DC, & Vince Wilfork can still stuff the run & collapse the pocket. If they could find a permanent solution at QB, they'd be very formidable. I still want to see what Ryan Mallet can do if he can stay healthy for 16 weeks.

If Clowney returns ready to go along with JJ & Wilfork in Sept., things will get more difficult for INDY & the time Luck has to survey the field.

Yep SW,a down year. In my eyes he was MVP, so that is a very hard act to follow. He will still be a beast, but I'm confident his stats and his impact will lessen a bit.

I never said he was going to become a bust!

Yep SW,a down year. In my eyes he was MVP, so that is a very hard act to follow. He will still be a beast, but I'm confident his stats and his impact will lessen a bit.

I never said he was going to become a bust!

It's cool BHC. I like you man & I'm not upset with you at all. Maybe if his stats go down slightly that means that Clowney, Cushing, or Wilfork are taking so of the burden off of JJ. He can't do everything on defense for Houston.

No player is a machine I will admit, by JJ's pretty darn close like an NFL terminator. He just keeps coming & coming. His motor has no off switch. I've seen plenty of him live at WI to know that personally.  

MVP? I thought it was MVQ? 

So you mean to tell me, a player from a position other than quarterback can win that award? 

haha Yeah I know, what a groundbreaking idea. It will never work again will it ruksak? I mean those poor QBs get everything: Franchise contracts which provide them with financial security the rest of their lives, media darling reporter status with softball questions on average, nonstop commercial endorsements, breathtakingly beautiful girlfriends/wives, & they never get touched in practice. They just have it too rough man. They need more praise, more pampering, more accolades, more awards including a lock for the MVP every single year. LOL! Is my sarcasm thick enough or do I need to increase it 10 fold? Just Kidding! 

Your point is well taken & it certainly was not lost on me that's for sure.  :thmup:

It's cool BHC. I like you man & I'm not upset with you at all. Maybe if his stats go down slightly that means that Clowney, Cushing, or Wilfork are taking so of the burden off of JJ. He can't do everything on defense for Houston.

No player is a machine I will admit, by JJ's pretty darn close like an NFL terminator. He just keeps coming & coming. His motor has no off switch. I've seen plenty of him live at WI to know that personally.

I know you weren't upset SW1. All is cool sir!

I know you weren't upset SW1. All is cool sir!

Good. Glad to hear BHC. You're definitely a fellow I enjoy conversing with because America isn't always right & I like Europeans who can put those darn, self righteous US citizens in their place. Ha! Ha!  

Not all Americans are annoying pompous blokes it just feels that way. I kid; I kid. SW1 can poke fun at myself & my North American roots you know.  :D

You're a good man my friend.  :thmup:

The Texans won't have a competitive offense this year so they are building to slow the Colts charge down-smart move. Don't forget a good offense keeps a good defense on the field a lot longer than they want to be so the fourth quarter is scoreboard time!