Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans trying to catch up with the Colts...

bap1331

Texans: 9-7

Colts: 12-4

It's not even a contest. The Colts have dominated the AFC South since its inauguration. That's not favoritism, that's fact. The Texans had to have the Colts lose Peyton one year and then the Colts to have a rookie QB and one of the worst rosters in the NFL the other year to win their only 2 division titles. I don't hate the Texans, pretty good roster, but I don't see how they could possibly win the division.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texans: 9-7

Colts: 12-4

It's not even a contest. The Colts have dominated the AFC South since its inauguration. That's not favoritism, that's fact. The Texans had to have the Colts lose Peyton one year and then the Colts to have a rookie QB and one of the worst rosters in the NFL the other year to win their only 2 division titles. I don't hate the Texans, pretty good roster, but I don't see how they could possibly win the division.

Is this your prediction for this coming year? Because you went 11-5 last year, barely winning the division by the skin of your teeth, again, barely beating a team with "no QB".

How many games do you think the Colts would win if Andrew went down?

I don't know why you keep using that argument, because until it were to happen it's useless. Since it hasn't happened, and he's still our QB, we're a better overall team.

And the Colts continue to get pounded by New England, Pittsburgh, or any good team that has even a semblance of a running game. Even with Andrew at the helm.

I wouldn't say "continue"....   yes, we did very poorly against those teams this past year...

But in 2013, the year before,  we beat Seattle (the eventual Super Bowl Champs)  Denver (the eventual SB runner-up)  San Francisco (NFC Chapmpionship finalist)  and KC -- twice (playoff team)

So, it's not like we "continue" to get pounded...   Seattle runs the ball...   San Francisco runs the ball...   and so does KC.

I wouldn't say "continue"....   yes, we did very poorly against those teams this past year...

But in 2013, the year before,  we beat Seattle (the eventual Super Bowl Champs)  Denver (the eventual SB runner-up)  San Francisco (NFC Chapmpionship finalist)  and KC -- twice (playoff team)

So, it's not like we "continue" to get pounded...   Seattle runs the ball...   San Francisco runs the ball...   and so does KC.

Good point. But it seems like the Colts defense has been the Achilles Heel for years, and this past year it has been the running game like you said. I can still use the New England example though, they really do seem to have the Colts number.

our team is 50 times more talented then tenn he has weapons here and now we have gore

You make it sound like Andrew is dispensable. As we've seen with teams in the past, you can have all the talent you want, but if your QB isn't at least decent then things aren't going to be spectacular. Hasselbeck had Wright, CJ, Britt, and a very good offensive line when he was in Tennessee.

You make it sound like Andrew is dispensable. As we've seen with teams in the past, you can have all the talent you want, but if your QB isn't at least decent then things aren't going to be spectacular. Hasselbeck had Wright, CJ, Britt, and a very good offensive line when he was in Tennessee.

no one said Andrew was dispensable but it's not like Matt is Kerry Collins

Good point. But it seems like the Colts defense has been the Achilles Heel for years, and this past year it has been the running game like you said. I can still use the New England example though, they really do seem to have the Colts number.

and the colts have had Texans number for years now

No argument.  

The Colts have poured more resources toward offense than defense.   Considering we have Andrew Luck,  I'm OK with that.

But at some point,  we have to address that side of the ball.     The defense must be built.

We've bought some good, but older assets in free agency,  but I'm expecting some high picks as well in the draft.   An OK defense is not going to get the job done.

no one said Andrew was dispensable but it's not like Matt is Kerry Collins

Actually....yeah...that's a pretty good comparison. An old, former Titan that is happy to collect a paycheck because he knows he shouldn't be starting.

No argument.  

The Colts have poured more resources toward offense than defense.   Considering we have Andrew Luck,  I'm OK with that.

But at some point,  we have to address that side of the ball.     The defense must be built.

We've bought some good, but older assets in free agency,  but I'm expecting some high picks as well in the draft.   An OK defense is not going to get the job done.

Yeah, what is that saying? The sons shouldn't make the mistakes of their fathers...I know they want to surround Andrew with talent and give him all kinds of toys to play with, but yeah, the defense needs to be addressed. I believe you guys will address D-line or secondary early on to give the guys you have some young help. You are right, the defense needs to be at least good, especially when it comes to the running game.

A great qb masks defensive flaws.

Which brings us back to the discussion at hand. That may be true, but as we saw in the Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England games, having a good QB isn't guaranteed to make your entire team play to an elite level.

Which brings us back to the discussion at hand. That may be true, but as we saw in the Pittsburgh, Dallas, New England games, having a good QB isn't guaranteed to make your entire team play to an elite level.

It's still better to have an elite qb and a lack luster defense than a great defense and a terrible qb

It's still better to have an elite qb and a lack luster defense than a great defense and a terrible qb

No. Defense wins games. If I could have the Seahawks defense, then I would be pretty confident sticking Ryan Fitzpatrick in at QB to manage games and letting Marshawn run the ball. In any case, Hoyer and Mallett are hardly "terrible".

No. Defense wins games. If I could have the Seahawks defense, then I would be pretty confident sticking Ryan Fitzpatrick in at QB to manage games and letting Marshawn run the ball. In any case, Hoyer and Mallett are hardly "terrible".

Hoyer is pretty terrible. We will see about mallet

their defense is going to be scarey good

Their defense will be good, but fortunately for the Colts they cant challenge the Colts defense consistently. The Colts D should only get better with hopefully Mathis coming back along with Cole providing added pass rush.

Is this your prediction for this coming year? Because you went 11-5 last year, barely winning the division by the skin of your teeth, again, barely beating a team with "no QB".

Yes that's my prediction. And yes you guys don't have a QB. Skin of our teeth would have meant the Texans would have beat the Colts at least once last season, which didn't happen.

And again I'll mention I don't dislike the Texans, you guys might grind out double-digit wins. You guys have a deep roster. But you won't win the division.

Yes that's my prediction. And yes you guys don't have a QB. Skin of our teeth would have meant the Texans would have beat the Colts at least once last season, which didn't happen.

And again I'll mention I don't dislike the Texans, you guys might grind out double-digit wins. You guys have a deep roster. But you won't win the division.

I dont root for the texans but you have to admit they always give the colts a go, now with that dline I think its a toss up, They are going to be tuff on defense!