Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson Released (merge)

Dustin

what...The whole point of letting them get away is that they didn't fit our system. If we kept him, he would have continued to stink it up. If he goes to a new system and somehow succeeds... great. We're not gonna change our system just because one guy can't get it done.

The reason Richardson is gone is because he showed himself to be a bad player. And based on reports, pretty irresponsible. Let's see him average better than 3.6 yards/carry before we start talking about him succeeding.

I'm not the kind of person to make dogmatic, matter of fact statements, but I say, with no hesitation, that Trent Richardson is not going to have any "success" in the NFL. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Richardson is gone is because he showed himself to be a bad player. And based on reports, pretty irresponsible. Let's see him average better than 3.6 yards/carry before we start talking about him succeeding.

I'm not the kind of person to make dogmatic, matter of fact statements, but I say, with no hesitation, that Trent Richardson is not going to have any "success" in the NFL. 

yeah I think so too. Just saying that if he somehow, someway has success in a different system, we still didn't make the wrong decision in cutting him.

I wouldn't bash Trent so much if it just wasn't for the fact everyone ran better than him behind the SAME offensive line. Yes, our offensive line sucks..... but everyone looked better than Trent behind it

Ahmad Bradshaw

Boom Herron

Tashard Choice

Zurlon Tipton

Etc Etc man

Trent is just :scorebad:

"We always talk about faith and family around here, but when I tried to put my family first, it was a big problem." - Trent Richardson

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

March 13, 2015

Now this is a lie cause no one had a problem with Hilton when his baby was born. Team actually wanted him to be there the whole time with the family instead of playing in the game

Trent just handled his situation bad. Didn't tell anyone or anything

I wouldn't bash Trent so much if it just wasn't for the fact everyone ran better than him behind the SAME offensive line. Yes, our offensive line sucks..... but everyone looked better than Trent behind it

Ahmad Bradshaw

Boom Herron

Tashard Choice

Zurlon Tipton

Etc Etc man

Trent is just :scorebad:

I wouldn't bash him at all if he wasn't a self-righteous jerk on the way out.

Glad he is gone, didn't like the trade when we made it, gave him the benefit of the doubt but honestly he is not that good as a runner, very poor vision and instincts. He can block & catch though, also good shot yardage but other than that no thanks. If he succeeds somewhere else good for him but I highly doubt it!

Glad he is gone, didn't like the trade when we made it, gave him the benefit of the doubt but honestly he is not that good as a runner, very poor vision and instincts. He can block & catch though, also good shot yardage but other than that no thanks. If he succeeds somewhere else good for him but I highly doubt it!

I don't think it's vision and instincts. I think it's lack of work ethic, laziness, and entitlement. I watched him at Alabama. So did everyone else. That Trent Richardson wasn't lacking vision, instincts, speed, power, explosiveness, finishing ability, the ability to make defenders miss, etc. He was the very essence of a complete back.

He failed because he didn't work hard. It's extremely obvious. And his defiant attitude on the way out convinces me that he'll never get it. 

I don't think it's vision and instincts. I think it's lack of work ethic, laziness, and entitlement. I watched him at Alabama. So did everyone else. That Trent Richardson wasn't lacking vision, instincts, speed, power, explosiveness, finishing ability, the ability to make defenders miss, etc. He was the very essence of a complete back.

He failed because he didn't work hard. It's extremely obvious. And his defiant attitude on the way out convinces me that he'll never get it. 

Hum admittedly I don't watch much college football, but vision and instincts should be there even if you don't work hard! NEVER SAW THEM. He does have a sense of entitlement which I find funny because he has done jack squat in the NFL. You have to earn it all over again. Also Alabama's O-line I believe is/ was soo good Alabama's runners may get over rated? Although Eddie Lacy is pretty good!

Seriously. I'm not defending him, but I'm certainly not going to spew hateful words at any Colt. I'll comment on their play, but some of the stuff I read was embarrassing.

It wasnt his fault he cost us our first round pick.

It's not his fault that we spent a 1st round pick,  but I think he has to take the brunt of the blame for being a spectacular failure.

His youth and immaturity helped mess up two different franchises.    Fans being fans,  I understand 98% of the hate that has come his way.    I won't defend the super crazy 2 percent crowd.   There's no defending them.    But the general hate and frustration of someone who played his way out of two franchises and leaving both much worse off is completely understandable to me....

It's not his fault that we spent a 1st round pick,  but I think he has to take the brunt of the blame for being a spectacular failure.

His youth and immaturity helped mess up two different franchises.    Fans being fans,  I understand 98% of the hate that has come his way.    I won't defend the super crazy 2 percent crowd.   There's no defending them.    But the general hate and frustration of someone who played his way out of two franchises and leaving both much worse off is completely understandable to me....

Don't agree, but respect your opinion. You've always been fair and mature with your posts.

But I do think that number is greater than 2%!

https://twitter.com/Visionary_94/status/576171855469490176

Now this is a lie cause no one had a problem with Hilton when his baby was born. Team actually wanted him to be there the whole time with the family instead of playing in the game

Trent just handled his situation bad. Didn't tell anyone or anything

I don't believe His story. He first said that the reason was cause his mom died...then 2 weeks later he changed it to this girl friend story...which I and obviously the Colts don't buy into

These statements by him are part of the reason he sucks, he takes NO OWNERSHIP for his bad play!! The Colts never bad mouthed him publicly! Honestly the Colts would have let him play at 280 if he got the job done which we know he didn't!

Agree 100%, disgusted by what he has said about this franchise.  Take responsibility for yourself, shut your mouth and move on with your career.  Although his loud mouth is probably going to make that a lot more difficult.  

Don't agree, but respect your opinion. You've always been fair and mature with your posts.

But I do think that number is greater than 2%!

It probably is greater than 2%,  that was more a figure of speech.    I don't know what the exact number is,  but given how spectacularly awful Trent was and his refusal to take responsibility for it,  the majority of the anger for him doesn't bother me all that much.....

I think the young man has a lot of growing up to do....

It's easy to say the right thing....    it's another thing to actually do the right thing.