Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts signing Kendall Langford

corgi

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, people are entitled to their opinions. Some people have voiced their opinion for both arguments so save the silly posts.

What's the problem?  The incessant hype over Fairley and Pot Roast is getting annoying.

The comments about them center around whether the Colts will get either one...with the negative comments focused upon the Colts not getting them....not about whether or not they would be any good for the team, which they definitely would not, IMO.

What's the problem? The incessant hype over Fairley and Pot Roast is getting annoying.

The comments about them center around whether the Colts will get either one...with the negative comments focused upon the Colts not getting them....not about whether or not they would be any good for the team, which they definitely would not, IMO.

Presenting opinions as if superior to others. We all want the best for the team, here.

I don't mind the other signings as they all had a purpose, but this one is just dumb. You have Knighton and dan williams available (not counting fairley if he's going to cinci), and you take him. Grigson obviously hasn't learned anything from his previous failures in Free Agency. Knighton won't break the bank and he fills a huge gaping hole in this swiss cheese defensive line! So what does he do, signs a backup DT from the Rams scrap heap that will probably end up starting for us. As good as Grigson is in the draft, that's how much he sucks in Free Agency.

Ridiculous.

What's the problem?  The incessant hype over Fairley and Pot Roast is getting annoying.

Fairley is a stud, and I think he'd be awesome here, but I can understand your concern (Injuries, Behavior, etc) But There's no denying Knighton. He's an absolute monster, and that's what we need.

Presenting opinions as if superior to others. We all want the best for the team, here.

How do you express a personal opinion that is inferior to others?  makes no sense.  If I thought my opinion was inferior, I would change it.

Do you routinely express opinions that you think are inferior to others? 

I don't mind the other signings as they all had a purpose, but this one is just dumb. You have Knighton and dan williams available (not counting fairley if he's going to cinci), and you take him. Grigson obviously hasn't learned anything from his previous failures in Free Agency. Knighton won't break the bank and he fills a huge gaping hole in this swiss cheese defensive line! So what does he do, signs a backup DT from the Rams scrap heap that will probably end up starting for us. As good as Grigson is in the draft, that's how much he sucks in Free Agency.

Ridiculous.

I'm worried too. I just really hope the plan is for him to be a backup. If we want a good defense, we almost have to sign Knighton or Williams. We have to have that big time run stuffer.

I'm worried too. I just really hope the plan is for him to be a backup. If we want a good defense, we almost have to sign Knighton or Williams. We have to have that big time run stuffer.

i think we added langford to just be a solid player on the D-Line most likely depth who could rotate and start in case of injury we could go for  one of the more popular guys or not who knows just glad we're signing good talent

Back to basement player shopping. This player we can get in 6th round of the draft.

He's better than that. Langford's solid, just not the kind of star we need starting. Its just the concern about if he's being brought here to start, of as a rotational guy. If the plan is for him to be a backup, then its a really good signing. But if he's being signed to start then its foolish.

Agreed, Knighton would be perfect and if we drafted a 3-4 DE like Arik Armstead, we'd be set at the D-Line. Now it's no stronger than what it was still. We can get a depth pick in the draft if we wanted with actual upside.

How do you express a personal opinion that is inferior to others?  makes no sense.  If I thought my opinion was inferior, I would change it.

Do you routinely express opinions that you think are inferior to others? 

"Why you gotta make me feel inferior because I'm workin' the grill, B?"

;)

Fairley is a stud, and I think he'd be awesome here, but I can understand your concern (Injuries, Behavior, etc) But There's no denying Knighton. He's an absolute monster, and that's what we need.

Fairley is overrated. 

And after spending large money on a 5 tech like Art Jones last year, spending the money on another big guy would be an bad waste of cap.  The cap money needs to go to the quicker DE/DT, like Langford, and the guy we'll probably draft. 

I wouldn't be upset if the Colts signed Knighton or Williams, but the comments saying that either are a necessity...uh...no.

With the release of RJF and probably Redding, there was no starter or backup at the 3 tech.  Langford fills that hole.  Fairley would be too expensive, and Knighton and Williams are the wrong kind of player, and then we'd still need 2 3 tech's.  A lot of money spent and still 2 holes to fill.

The cap money needs to go to the quicker DE/DT, like Langford, and the guy we'll probably draft. 

The last time Langford was a productive pass rusher, he was in a 3-4 in Miami. This is a good fit, and he knows it. He says it was one of the deciding factors for him, and partly why he chose us over Detroit.

The last time Langford was a productive pass rusher, he was in a 3-4 in Miami. This is a good fit, and he knows it. He says it was one of the deciding factors for him, and partly why he chose us over Detroit.

Thank you for providing some reason to the thread.  And a DT isn't ever going to be a great pass rusher like an edge guy, but for what the Colts need today, he is a good signing and an upgrade over RJF and an aging Redding, IMO.

St Louis drafted Donald to replace him because Donald is a better fit for the 43, not to mention a rare talent that's tough to pass up in the draft. 

Donald is what Fairley was supposed to be.

Are there any other players who are not free agents that WE "screwed around" and didn't get?

Yes, we also screwed around and missed on LeSean McCoy, Jimmy Graham, and worst of all we let Patrick Willis retire without ever wearing the Horseshoe.

Langford is better in a 3-4 defense. He'll be productive for us. Don't get the hate.

That's easy to answer. There are some who thinks we need to sign every known free agent across the board. It don't even matter IF they are a free agent or how much money they would take. It's pretty easy to sit behind the computer and run a NFL team.